Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiership Season Tickets!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The OP has admission to 19 games for that price, but there's no guarantee he'll be able to make that many. All I'm saying is it's value only if you can make a good few games, otherwise your as well off buying tickets as and when you need them.

Spurs STs start at £635.

Yeah but it's still a bargain because you can go to less then 50% of games in a season and still not lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Apart from the cost of the ticket, why would you want to go to Blackburn?
    Not as if they have any major name players that you might want to see,
    half full (or empty) stadiums most of time which leads to a lack of atmosphere, not an easy place to get to with no direct flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Why would you want to support an English club? The people I see who are mad about Liverpool or Uninted always have a grudge against England. Yet they support one of their teams.

I see some people with a passion and will kick peoples head in for insulting their 'English' club.

I have nothing against English clubs. But I do have a problem with Irish people who support them so passionately. Most of them only support them because when they were growing up they seen them on TV. No real connection at all. Support your local team. That's where your passion should be, not some childhood support that you can't even remember why you support them.

But if you enjoy the games, then all I said means nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Nabber wrote: »
    Why would you want to support an English club? The people I see who are mad about Liverpool or Uninted always have a grudge against England. Yet they support one of their teams.

I see some people with a passion and will kick peoples head in for insulting their 'English' club.

I have nothing against English clubs. But I do have a problem with Irish people who support them so passionately. Most of them only support them because when they were growing up they seen them on TV. No real connection at all. Support your local team. That's where your passion should be, not some childhood support that you can't even remember why you support them.

But if you enjoy the games, then all I said means nothing :)

I'm more of a neutral than anything so I wont exactly be "supporting" Blackburn. I will be going over to watch the Premiership - where some of the best players in the world play their football. I cant get that in Ireland can I?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Apart from the cost of the ticket, why would you want to go to Blackburn?
    Not as if they have any major name players that you might want to see,
    half full (or empty) stadiums most of time which leads to a lack of atmosphere, not an easy place to get to with no direct flights.

Why not go and see Blackburn, I'd prefer to see them than Bolton, Wigan or Burnley not to mention other clubs further away from that region. Also considering its 30 - 40 miles from Liverpool, Manchester, Doncaster AND Leeds airport and there are 4 of us who all drive and can rent a car why not? While Blackburn might not have any big names the teams they will be playing against do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Nabber wrote: »
    Support your local team. That's where your passion should be, not some childhood support that you can't even remember why you support them.
    Why should I support a team I know nothing about in an area I moved to 3 years ago and might be gone from in 3 years time rather than a team I've been familiar with all my life?

Anyway, that's completely off topic. It does seem like a good deal, but only if you're going to go over a fair few times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Stay on topic now lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

If the bright lights of Blackburn do not appeal, Bohs are now offering a season ticket 'till the end of the season for €120.

Advertisement