Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premiership Season Tickets!!!

Options
  • 19-06-2009 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

I'm just after purchasing a season ticket with Blackburn Rovers and seeing as they're such good value for money others might be interested too. I got front row side tickets for just £199 (€235)

Whilst i don't support Rovers I'm still guaranteed to see the top premiership tickets playing at least once this season (plus i'l get preference on away games tickets)

If anybody else if Intersted they should check out the Blackburn Rovers website. Me and a few friends will go to a game once a month via ferry or by getting a flight to Manchester or Liverpool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

198 quid too much..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭me1724

can you sell back the tickets you dont want???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

That's actually not a bad idea. I'm sure you could sell some of the tickets for teams you don't want to see too and may recoup a bit of the extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

me1724 wrote: »
    can you sell back the tickets you dont want???

You could sell them to a friend I suppose. If a few people purchased these season tickets (as myself and my friends done) it could be good craic to get a minibus and go to a game once a month

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Is the front row covered? It rains in Lancashire - a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

zAbbo wrote: »
    Is the front row covered? It rains in Lancashire - a lot!

you live in Ireland right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Our even better value for someone who doesnt want to leave the country.:D

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/matchdays/match-tickets

Garantees match tickets for Julys festival of football including Newcastle and Real Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 garyxxx

was at anfield at the end of last season for blackburn game, ticket cost me 180 euro off a tout.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

That is excellent value alright. As a Spurs fan I pay £50 for a ticket against an average team with no chance of getting a ticket against a big team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

jamesozzie wrote: »
    You could sell them to a friend I suppose. If a few people purchased these season tickets (as myself and my friends done) it could be good craic to get a minibus and go to a game once a month

Do some work Ozzie ya messer! You can scope out the players in real life now for the fantasy football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Worth pointing out that Blackburn never sell out for home games (even against the top 4), and that tickets can be picked up for individual games for no more than £30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It's not a bad idea if you are planning to go and see a lot of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Garantees match tickets for Julys festival of football including Newcastle and Real Madrid.

The RM tickets are €60 each! :eek:
    Newcastle might have sold a lot of their stars at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dubrov

€125 for a half season ticket to Shamrockk Rovers? Now that seems way overpriced. Also €60 for an exhibition match as well

It seems amazing that they can charge the sane prices as Blackburn Rovers considering thei wage bill diffference.

Great price on the Blackburn season ticket but you;d still have to go a lot to make it worth your while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭kindalen

dont buy from touts.

also front row seats are not great for a good view. halfway line about a few rows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Worth pointing out that Blackburn never sell out for home games (even against the top 4), and that tickets can be picked up for individual games for no more than £30.
    £16.60 for the Fraser Eagle stand for an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

garyxxx wrote: »
    was at anfield at the end of last season for blackburn game, ticket cost me 180 euro off a tout.

90 pound sterling for me, but 180?? whoah!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

God that is a good price, yea you'd get to see some good games alright.
    You'd get to see liverpool, united, chelsea, arsenal, city.
    Blackburn are a decent team and usually hard to beat.
    jesus a very tempting idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

dubrov wrote: »
    €125 for a half season ticket to Shamrockk Rovers? Now that seems way overpriced. Also €60 for an exhibition match as well

It seems amazing that they can charge the sane prices as Blackburn Rovers considering thei wage bill diffference.

Great price on the Blackburn season ticket but you;d still have to go a lot to make it worth your while

Way overpriced? It works out as less than €15 a game :confused: and you actually get an atmosphere with a team you (depending on where you are from/live) have a connection with, instead of a soulless stadium of a foreign team where stewards will complain if you sing like half the premiership stadiums these days.
    Also, Rovers have no say in the ticket price for the Real Madrid game, its controlled by Platinum One who are organising it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 garyxxx

90 pound sterling for me, but 180?? whoah!

my gf got the tickets for my bday true some ticket site online..
    how did you get yours for 90, if you dont mind me askin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That is a great price, costs about £500+ for a United season ticket and that's the cheapest. £987 for the dearest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Not against the big teams. United games do be sell-outs there, i'm sure pool etc are the same.

Excllent Idea if the plane tickets etc worked out cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

garyxxx wrote: »
    my gf got the tickets for my bday true some ticket site online..
    how did you get yours for 90, if you dont mind me askin

went to anfield without any tickets (we usually get them before and theres usually people selling them at face value outside the kop) but after searching around anfield for nearly 2 hours, just bought one 5 mins before the game off a tout.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

jamesozzie wrote: »
    I'm just after purchasing a season ticket with Blackburn Rovers and seeing as they're such good value for money others might be interested too. I got front row side tickets for just £199 (€235)
    How much would a ticket to a game be with the season ticket or how does it all work? I'm a newbie to this going to football games lark.

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Not against the big teams. United games do be sell-outs there, i'm sure pool etc are the same.

Excllent Idea if the plane tickets etc worked out cheaper

I beg to differ, Ewood capacity is 31367. All from last season:

vs Arsenal 23041
    vs ManU 27321
    vs Chelsea 20670
    vs Liverpool 26920

Best attendance was 28389 for the last game of the season vs West Brom.

The year before that they were 1k short of a full house vs Utd.

Blackburn offer 8000 tickets to Spurs for our visit there.

I don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but unless you're going more than 7 or 8 times you'd be as well of just buying tickets as and when it suits. In fairness, the value of this is in the access to away tickets, Blackburn rarely take a full compliment of fans to away games so you'd be guaranteed access to all of the PL grounds, you'd just want to make sure you don't cheer for the wrong team...:D

asharkman wrote: »
    How much would a ticket to a game be with the season ticket or how does it all work? I'm a newbie to this going to football games lark.

Buy the season ticket, that entitles you to entry to all 19 home league games. You don't need to spend anything more, unless you want to go to home cup games or away games, which will cost you extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Does anyone know if they are the cheapest? I had a look at a couple of others there (wolves, fulham, burnley etc) but none seem to be as cheap as the above. Seriously tempted.

Anyone know whats the best airport tofly to, or deals on ferry?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Does anyone know if they are the cheapest? I had a look at a couple of others there (wolves, fulham, burnley etc) but none seem to be as cheap as the above. Seriously tempted.

Anyone know whats the best airport tofly to, or deals on ferry?

If there was a gang of us (4 of my pals got tickets) then we could get a bus from hollyhead on the saturday mornings? we plan on going to 1 game every month so it definitely is a good deal if u go to a few games. If not then Manchester Airport is around 30 mins drive away I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I don't want to piss on anyone's parade, but unless you're going more than 7 or 8 times you'd be as well of just buying tickets as and when it suits.

This doesn't make any sense as you stated it costs no more then £30 for a game and the OP is getting 19 games for €235.

How much does the Spurs season ticket cost?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    This doesn't make any sense as you stated it costs no more then £30 for a game and the OP is getting 19 games for €235.

How much does the Spurs season ticket cost?

The OP has admission to 19 games for that price, but there's no guarantee he'll be able to make that many. All I'm saying is it's value only if you can make a good few games, otherwise your as well off buying tickets as and when you need them.

Spurs STs start at £635.

Advertisement