Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's with all the negativity?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

grenache wrote: »
    I'll try and give an honest appraisal of Limerick City.....

What I like about it
    1. The mocking sense of humour that you get from some of the inner city natives, it can be quite amusing and entertaining.
    2. Thomond Park, King John's Castle, The Hunt Museum.
    3. Its size, not too big, not too small.
    4. Its layout - easy to navigate.
    5. Henry St - A fine straight and wide, mostly one-way street, newly renovated and a model for all other city streets.
    6. Dooradoyle - as a suburb its got nearly everything, great pubs, the Crescent, library, good gyms, very few traffic problems and near the ring road.

What I dislike about it
    1. Its over-run with scumbags, sorry but it is.
    2. Its lack of intimacy - it doesn't have any quaint, narrow shopping streets/cafe areas like Cork or Galway and therefore doesn't attract tourists.
    3. The niteclub bouncers - very ignorant and nearly all on power trips, the worst in Ireland.
    4. The Gaelic Grounds - a white elephant if ever I saw one, a 30k capacity stadium would have done fine. Also the Mackey Stand is a disaster!
    5. Turning its back on the Shannon - although recent attempts would seem to suggest otherwise, the city does largely turn its back on the river, instead of facing onto it and developing the docklands into a trendy spot.
    6. William St - self explanatory.

Your dead right there about the bouncers!!!absolute plonkers, burn the lot of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I would say something about Dooradoyle - its actually in the county :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I would say something about Dooradoyle - its actually in the county :)
    Yes, like a lot of the city's good spots, its technically in the county, but in reality its a city suburb. Mind you, from my own experience, most of the people now residing there were originally country folk.

Advertisement