Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incidents in Dublin yesterday

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

"As for the Dublin scum-it is horribly embarrassing to see them preying on innocent tourists. I used to see tourists with their bumbags and camcorders straying off down North Strand Road or somewhere and boy did I cringe. Reminded me of that scene in Trainspotting when the tourist lands into the pub asking can he use the jacks."
    user_offline.gifreport.gif ha ha, love the trainspotting reference!:Dyeah, i could definitely see something like that happening on North strand road/amiens street - chock full of junkies and scummers congregating outside the pubs at 7 EVERY WEEKDAY EVENING!! i've walked through it loads of times on my way to work,always at a lightning quick pace with my head up and my eyes looking straight ahead it's probabably the dodgiest area i've ever been in:eek: needless to say i use the DART to get to work now!
    quote.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 weeble

Anyone see at the top of Grafton Street the Stick Man performer?

Wasn't my first time dealing with problems in Dublin unfortunately. Here's a documentary from a few years back. We were originally planning on doing a promotion video for the show that day.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kEyw1z_caA"

About Friday. Neither of us were booked for the worlds street performers championships. I paid my own travel expenses, accommodations , and the only money I receive comes from the people who enjoy the show. Assuming I get to finish it. Also it wasn't my chainsaw they were using on Henry St. Grin

Stickman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

some people are asking for it

:rolleyes:

***PULL THIS CRAP AGAIN AND YOUR OUTTA HERE*** - Makikomi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

The LUAS stretch around jervis st is getting worse by the day. Today a junkie couple with a little cute blonde 5 year old (or so) girl, the "man" of the couple was screaming "SHUT THE F*CK UP" as loud as he possibly could right in her ear. I never saw anything like it my blood is still boiling. That kid will be f*cked up for life now. Some other junkie at Jervis St stop was just giving some foreign guy abuse and threatening him, then 2 junkie girls were fighting with one bloke who looked like skeletor trying to break it up. It's all very worrying. The police just ignore it, even when it's right outside the bridewell. They need to clean this up, like they do in other cities, or tourists need to be warned not to come near these streets. It's an embarassment to the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

There are areas in Dublin,which are unbelievably wealthy beyond belief,places were people have too much money but use none of it to better the city of Dublin and help with any of its ills

Then you have working class areas which are built strongly on the idea of community and hard work,these people are the heart and soul of Dublin give it its friendly environment and have a laugh atmosphere,there is no earls or graces about these areas,but they contribute most to Dublin,driving out taxi's,serving us our pints,delieing our post,they keep the place going

Then you have a small section of society but a sizeable one,that because of complete lack of opportunity and absolute zero sense of aspiration and dignity,are a complete burden on society and the hard working people of Dublin,they are the ones who steal our cars,smash our property for nothing other then kicks,take heroin and embarass us by walking around aimlessly talking and looking like zombies,they unfortunely seem to always stem from specific parts of the inner city

With such a diverse mix of a population of natives,in such a small city,its no suprise the place is viewed as being a kip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    There are areas in Dublin,which are unbelievably wealthy beyond belief,places were people have too much money but use none of it to better the city of Dublin and help with any of its ills

Then you have working class areas which are built strongly on the idea of community and hard work,these people are the heart and soul of Dublin give it its friendly environment and have a laugh atmosphere,there is no earls or graces about these areas,but they contribute most to Dublin,driving out taxi's,serving us our pints,delieing our post,they keep the place going

Then you have a small section of society but a sizeable one,that because of complete lack of opportunity and absolute zero sense of aspiration and dignity,are a complete burden on society and the hard working people of Dublin,they are the ones who steal our cars,smash our property for nothing other then kicks,take heroin and embarass us by walking around aimlessly talking and looking like zombies,they unfortunely seem to always stem from specific parts of the inner city

With such a diverse mix of a population of natives,in such a small city,its no suprise the place is viewed as being a kip

I don't think there's anywhere in Dublin where people are wealthy beyond belief tbh. Anyway, even if there was, it'd hardly be the job of those people to police the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

I don't think there's anywhere in Dublin where people are wealthy beyond belief tbh. Anyway, even if there was, it'd hardly be the job of those people to police the city.

Id advise you to take a walk around Dalkey,Killiney,Foxrock,Blackrock and your own neighbourhood of Sadymount,and then take a walk around the inner city flat complexs or perhaps certain parts of Ballyfermot,Ballymun or Finglas,Im not saying wealthy people or middle class people should be using their wealth to cure societies ills,what Im saying is they could contribute more to society and not fortify themselves in the South East of Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

My son recently joined a creche in "West Dublin". fine creche

great mix of children, but had to laugh at one of the rules they have.

"We
    creche would like to instill some pride in our children here,

so when you come to pick them up dont wear your PYJAMA'S. Thank you".

Made me laugh, its a mental out look alot of people have, its lazyness and

easier to be rude, ignorant and cruel, poverty doesnt help, but thats no

excuse. Didnt have much in my family,but love was always there. It helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

There was a scrap on Aston Quay today at about 7pm. I was on the quay on the other side of the liffey, didn't really see what led up to it but the shouting was loud enough to make me look over. There was about 10 but it broke off into about 2 fellas chasing one guy with a black leather jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

another one in the news today, somene stabbed in the neck in broad daylight on Parnell St. I wouldn't live in Dublin if you paid me.

www.rte.ie/news/2009/0703/stabbing.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

yeah i cycled by soon after it happened, blood EVERYWHERE, it was horrible, tourists taking photos of the guys in the white jumpsuits CSI people and stuff. That's the 3rd stabbing scene i've cycled by in that area in the last few weeks. 1 on Mary st and another on Parnell st were that lady was stabbed. I knew it would be junkies, suspected drug user and known to the gardai. This is just crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

There are some incredibly rich people in Howth for one. But should we be reading anything into Bono moving to New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

I HATE JUNKIES!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Does anyone remember a few years back when a lotto winner was parading up O'Connell St holding a large cardboard cheque and a bunch of scummers mugged the guy, ran into a bank and tried to cash it? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

I HATE JUNKIES!!!!

Me too! we soo must meet up for coffee sometime:D seriously tho, they are just a BLOODY scourge, put them on an island far away i swear, living in dublin is just one big long endurance test watching out for these scummers!

lol a junkie outside TGIF's today....randomly shouts at someone 'wha are u lookin ah? i hate when people look at ye like tha'

WTF!!! go jump off a cliff u absolute waste of energy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

Come on lets be honest..there is KNOW justice system in ireland.Therefor if you stab somebody etc etc you will just get a few months if even that,so what is there to be afraid of??

upthedub wrote: »
    Come on lets be honest..there is KNOW justice system in ireland.Therefor if you stab somebody etc etc you will just get a few months if even that,so what is there to be afraid of??
    its the accent that annoys me the most!

zomg i live near bayview close.

zomg i live near bayview close.
    near the beach?

• Advertisement

lol yeah in killiney :)

lol yeah in killiney :)
    yeah head out there the odd time. btw you know where that cross in the middle of the sea came from. was always curious about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Then about an hour later on Henry St, firemen were cutting open the entrance to Permanent TSB with chainsaws...no idea what was going on there! anyone else know?

May be they weren't really firemen and were just trying to break into the bank without being disturbed too much. :)

yeah head out there the odd time. btw you know where that cross in the middle of the sea came from. was always curious about that!

o so u dont live in the bayview then no?

No but i knew someone who did. know that beach very well.

oh cool, it must have left an impression on u then :D

nice little estate in the summer especially when ur a kid.

yeah it has its moments. beach a bit rockier then it was a few years ago. but great view of the sea coming down the dart line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement