Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Airsoft Medical Corps Recruiting (South Dublin/Wicklow)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 iamc

Just an update, the IAMC are hoping to finilise the meeting for Friday the 26th at 5:30 in Bray, Co. Wicklow, Venue still to be decided.

Our New web address is www.iamc.uuuq.com

office.iamc@gmail.com - general
    cian.iamc@gmail.com - Director
    eoghan.iamc@gmail.com - Logistics Officer
    086 2568718

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Guys keep your IAMC posts to th thread as you can see from the reaction you got spamming other threads isnt appricated.

The IAMC would like to appologise once again for shoddy work at advertising our team. The person who was placed in charge of taking care of our advertising yesterday and today, has annoyed many people by spamming. This is completly not condoned by our team in any way and it was not intended. The person has been asked to change position within the team as this is the second public mistake made in 2 days.
    Again, the team would like to appologise and thank people for their patience with this matter.

IAMC
    Senior Staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Party-Pimp

Where did you guys do your training? and also what levels are you at yourself?

• Advertisement

Several of our senior staff our members of voluntary Ambulance Organisations, some are working for the HSE. We have EMT's, Paramedics and a Nurse. Several of our members are CFR's and EFR's. All professionals have been certified with the PHECC.
    All our members will be trained in wilderness first aid levels and wilderness skills.

I hope this answers your question.
    IAMC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Party-Pimp

iamc wrote: »
    Several of our senior staff our members of voluntary Ambulance Organisations, some are working for the HSE. We have EMT's, Paramedics and a Nurse. Several of our members are CFR's and EFR's. All professionals have been certified with the PHECC.
    All our members will be trained in wilderness first aid levels and wilderness skills.

I hope this answers your question.
    IAMC
    well id be an EFR. I Have also got my CFR instructors certs. What would be involved in the wilderness training?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

fully qualified PHECC Paramedic here so way ahead of you there...good luck wit it though

The First Meeting for the IAMC for people who are interested in joining, or would like to find out more, is this Friday, (tomorrow), at 5:30 in The Harbour Bar, Bray seafront, Bray, Co. Wicklow.

Anyone interested in attending who has not already given their name in, please e-mail office.iamc@gmail.com with your details and we will send you further information.

Regards,
    IAMC

Airsoft Safety Team. The IAMC are considering the possibility of setting up a safety rep team working with the IAA to ensure Health and Safety is to standard, at events and facilities.

IAMC
    www.iamc.uuuq.com
    office.iamc@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

We are in the process of obtaining the relevent insurances. We are following the guides of the good samaratin Bill 2005 and the moment.

Just to point out that the Good Samaritan Bill was never signed into law so hoping that it will cover you is a big mistake which I am surprised the professionals amongst you didnt mention.

Your website does not exist either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Airsoft Safety Team. The IAMC are considering the possibility of setting up a safety rep team working with the IAA to ensure Health and Safety is to standard, at events and facilities.

IAMC
    www.iamc.uuuq.com
    office.iamc@gmail.com

Again, forgive me, has the IAA anything to say about this? there has been no announcement from them to the effect of you working with them, or trying to set up a health and safety inspectors on behalf of them either here on boards or on the IAA website.

Also is there a reccomended health and safty brief for Airsoft Sites? again I don't believe I've heard of one for Ireland. If there is one I think we'd all like to see it, especially the established sites.

boomer_ie wrote: »
    Just to point out that the Good Samaritan Bill was never signed into law so hoping that it will cover you is a big mistake which I am surprised the professionals amongst you didnt mention.

Your website does not exist either

As you can see above, we mentioned that it was the "good samaratin Bill", stating it hasnt been signed in. We are not using it to protect us. None of our members will be on duty untill the insurances come through.

In reference to the IAA. There hasn't been any official release of information and we have not officially said it either. We have said we are in talks with them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Closed at OP's request

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement