Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points dropping in courses 09?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 applewhite

Why would I bother to lie? Seriously. I have better things to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

sorry for going off topic

just a quick question on the cao form yoke does it matter if i only have 4 courses down altogether ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

just a quick question on the cao form yoke does it matter if i only have 4 courses down altogether ?

nope but remember things can change between now and august in your life. You may want to stay in a certain part of the country now but in 2 months you could be madly in love with someone in a different city and if you had put that down on your CAO as number 5 didnt get the top 4 and did get number 5 wouldnt you be laughing then.....instead of crying over split milk......oh yeah to answer your question

it does not matter if you only have four courses down. same rules apply.

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 flairy-fairy

applications for arts through cao have gone up 6% this year...does anybody know whether this will have a big impact on the points?

need 2 drop by 5 for arts nuig.... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Aisling19

GMIT event management anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Going against my optimistic views, I'd say that points will rise this year if anything.

I was under the opinion that points are calculated on the number of applicants for a particular course, i.e. if the number of applicants increases (which they will this year), the points will unfortunately rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

cul-2008 wrote: »
    Going against my optimistic views, I'd say that points will rise this year if anything.

I was under the opinion that points are calculated on the number of applicants for a particular course, i.e. if the number of applicants increases (which they will this year), the points will unfortunately rise.

It depends on what course in question though.

For example pharmacy this year has dropped by around 120 applicants and my career guidance teacher sees ucc being 545* down 10 from 2008.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Pharmacy points are likely to drop due to the problems in the sector with lose of jobs, medical cards and drugs refund schemes.
    I can't see the points for most courses changin drasticly. Someone said that a teacher told them that a 50 point rise is likely. Not a hope.
    With the loses of jobs and people on the dole, many people and parents will not be able to put someone through college. Also, there isn't that many additional appplicants this in comparrision to last year.
    I can see however a rise in points in the area of education with the B. ED. degrees looking at a 15 point rise. Although I don't know why people are applying for primary teaching as there are NO jobs and not likely to be many for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Pharmacy points are likely to drop due to the problems in the sector with lose of jobs, medical cards and drugs refund schemes.
    I can't see the points for most courses changin drasticly. Someone said that a teacher told them that a 50 point rise is likely. Not a hope.

You were implying the 50 points towards pharmacy im presuming?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Does anyone see the points for veterinary medicine falling this year or next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I was refering to a previous post on page one where simeone siad their teacher told them points will rise by 50!:)

Advertisement