Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3.0 Meteor MMS settings

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

V4, I had the same problem as yourself, However, after disabling and enabling MMS in settings, I was able to get it working with guide:

"Getting Meteor MMS, Data and Bluetooth tethering to work on an IPhone 2g" http://warrantyvoidifremoved.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭V4

I tried that and still no joy, thanks.
    Ah well.
    V4, I had the same problem as yourself, However, after disabling and enabling MMS in settings, I was able to get it working with guide:

"Getting Meteor MMS, Data and Bluetooth tethering to work on an IPhone 2g" http://warrantyvoidifremoved.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

From all the options you have tried, It sounds to me like you dont have a virgin iphone 2G, i.e your CommCenter is modified. The "easiest" solution may be to restore your phone on OS 3.1.2 before attempting the steps outlined in the link above.

"I must warn you or anyone else before installing this patch:
    You pretty much need a virgin iPhone 2G running 3.1.2 that is jailbroken. That means a clean CommCenter (i.e. if you already have an MMS patch installed, get rid of it) and a clean BTServer (i.e. if you already have A2DP Enabler, get rid of it).

A clean CommCenter has an MD5 of 1db09f87f239049d155ac07c964a4e0a. You can check by typing (copy/paste) this command in terminal: md5sum /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter"

(from: http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/656651-t-mobile-usa-carrier-bundles-bluetooth-data-internet-mms-tethering-2g-3g-3gs-70.html)

Note, you can install mobile terminal for the iphone in Cydia.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭V4

Thanks for all that info but still no joy :(

I have decided to switch to Tesco mobile because the Meteor signal is appalling where I am (Celbridge). Guess what, the internet is not working on tesco either, even with new tesco settings input.

Time to open a new thread :o
    From all the options you have tried, It sounds to me like you dont have a virgin iphone 2G, i.e your CommCenter is modified. The "easiest" solution may be to restore your phone on OS 3.1.2 before attempting the steps outlined in the link above.

"I must warn you or anyone else before installing this patch:
    You pretty much need a virgin iPhone 2G running 3.1.2 that is jailbroken. That means a clean CommCenter (i.e. if you already have an MMS patch installed, get rid of it) and a clean BTServer (i.e. if you already have A2DP Enabler, get rid of it).

A clean CommCenter has an MD5 of 1db09f87f239049d155ac07c964a4e0a. You can check by typing (copy/paste) this command in terminal: md5sum /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/CommCenter"

(from: http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/656651-t-mobile-usa-carrier-bundles-bluetooth-data-internet-mms-tethering-2g-3g-3gs-70.html)

Note, you can install mobile terminal for the iphone in Cydia.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭thayes

Hi, I had this problem, mms worked before and wouldn't work under iOS 4. Tried everything (every combo of mmms settings I could find for meteor), changed the settings, rebooted each time, mms would not send. Even tried resetting the network settings (option at the bottom of the page where you input the data and mms settings).
    Not quite sure what got it working again, but I had 3G turned off. After inputting the std settings I got from Meteor
    Cell data
    apn, data.mymeteor.ie
    un, my
    pwd, meteor

mms
    apn mms.mymeteor.ie
    un my
    pwd meteor
    mmsc http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    proxy 010.085.085.085:8799
    mms max size 307200

also added but I am pretty sure you don't need this, mms UA Prof URL, http://mms.mymeteor.ie

reboot.
    turned on 3G (I normally have 3G off) and it just worked, sent the mms.

Then turned off 3G and it continues to work. Glad to have the option back.

BTW, I use the same cell data data settings for tethering and I they seem to work fine.

• Advertisement

Much obliged lads, i was pulling my hair out since updating to ios4.

3G or E just wouldnt work, i since found out that there was a bug in redsn0w that the newer b05 version rectifies that causes apn & mms settings not to save.

But i also just realized that the apn should be data.mymeteor.ie and not isp.mymeteor.ie which i read in numerous places. Now 3g and E are woking perfect.

Cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

cisk wrote: »
    But i also just realized that the apn should be data.mymeteor.ie and not isp.mymeteor.ie which i read in numerous places. Now 3g and E are woking perfect.

Cheers

whats the differnce between -

isp.mymeteor.ie
    &
    data.mymeteor.ie

just curious as i had my 3GS set up to use the isp. version.

isp.mymeteor.ie wouldn't work for me at all, as soon as i changed to data.mymeteor.ie i was back in action.

But hey, if it aint broken dont fix it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

Has anyone succesfully gotten MMS to work under iOS 4.0?

I realise that the most up to date version of redsn0w fixes issues with MMS etc but the 3GS is not supported by redsn0w yet.

I have a Meteor MMS & Data package in cydia and would love to update it to get MMS working properly under iOS 4.0

Jakmeehan wrote: »
    Has anyone succesfully gotten MMS to work under iOS 4.0?

I realise that the most up to date version of redsn0w fixes issues with MMS etc but the 3GS is not supported by redsn0w yet.

I have a Meteor MMS & Data package in cydia and would love to update it to get MMS working properly under iOS 4.0

yep, i was using MMS in my 3GS using iOS4 last week.
    Although the phone was factory unlocked, not jailbroken.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    yep, i was using MMS in my 3GS using iOS4 last week.
    Although the phone was factory unlocked, not jailbroken.
    How did you get that to work?

How did you get that to work?

used the settings from the sticky on this forum.

heres screen shots from my 3gs. (factory unlocked and not jailbroken or anything)

Thanks very much, and do you have the MMS icon when sending a text and in Photos and all?

Thanks very much, and do you have the MMS icon when sending a text and in Photos and all?

what do you mean icon?

is it when you open a text i get the option to add a picture?
    or when i open an image and i press the button i get an option to mms or email?

what do you mean icon?

is it when you open a text i get the option to add a picture?
    or when i open an image and i press the button i get an option to mms or email?
    Yeah I mean all of those :)

I put in all those settings and now have mms working but I have to use data.mymeteor.ie as isp.mymeteor.ie doesn't work for me.

Thanks alot you've been alot of help!

Yeah I mean all of those :)

I put in all those settings and now have mms working but I have to use data.mymeteor.ie as isp.mymeteor.ie doesn't work for me.

Thanks alot you've been alot of help!

no probs, data.mymeteor wouldnt work for me so i guess its just a case of getting whichever one works.

im not on my iPhone now but will have another one next week so i will take a screenshot then and we can compare.

glad you got it sorted!

no probs, data.mymeteor wouldnt work for me so i guess its just a case of getting whichever one works.

im not on my iPhone now but will have another one next week so i will take a screenshot then and we can compare.

glad you got it sorted!
    Cool, thanks.

I still can't get the .deb package to work though :S

I think I have all the right settings in but when I install it, it either makes the Mobile Data Network uneditable (ie that field disappears altogether) or it just freezes up settings.app :S

would you happen to know anything about debian?

Cool, thanks.

I still can't get the .deb package to work though :S

I think I have all the right settings in but when I install it, it either makes the Mobile Data Network uneditable (ie that field disappears altogether) or it just freezes up settings.app :S

would you happen to know anything about debian?

havent a clue what your talking about there pal, sorry :o

havent a clue what your talking about there pal, sorry :o
    Alright, no problem :) was worth a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Completely lost!

Ok have went through all the setting nothing works, have installed the meteor package from cyndia still not working

Just switched to meteor today, I have an iphone 3, I can make calls but cannot send SMS messages,

Can somebody please help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kai26

looking for data setting for iphone 3gs on meteor network plz help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

kai26 wrote: »
    looking for data setting for iphone 3gs on meteor network plz help
    check this out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056007760

Advertisement