Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3.0 Meteor MMS settings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

havin a few problems seding mms here with meteior :( My pics come out on the other phone absolutly tiny and only about 3/8 mms sent have actually been recieved!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Auscast wrote: »
    These meteor settings work for me (thanks to Meteor phone support):

Cellular Data Section:
    APN isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username my
    Password meteor

MMS Section:
    APN mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username my
    Password meteor
    MMSC mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS Proxy 010.085.085.085:8799
    MMS Max Message Size <blank>
    MMS UA Prof URL <blank>

I used these setting and still no MMS!! I have ISP enabled and MMS enabled on my account.... Do you think doing a reset will make a difference?

EDIT: Actually these settings do work!! Must have been the crap reception at my house! (that and I MAY have had the password wrong :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

I had to turn my phone off for 10 minutes, then send myself an mms to get it to work.

ok it's seems like those settings sortof work!

All my sent mms got delivered but about 2 days too late and the pics came out on the other phones about 90*100 pixels lol

Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

slinky2000 wrote: »
    ok it's seems like those settings sortof work!

All my sent mms got delivered but about 2 days too late and the pics came out on the other phones about 90*100 pixels lol

Anyone else have this problem?
    You probably need to specify a max message size. I'm not sure what Meteor's max size is though. I've been trying to get this working on my 2G using this patch - http://www.modmyi.com/forums/file-mods/641191-mms-iphone-2g-os-3-0-a-15.html#post4608411

I have to use a custom carrier.plist in order to actually get my MMS settings to stick... And then it just fails to send...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shinnerssc

Originally Posted by Auscast viewpost.gif

Cellular Data Section:
    APN isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username my
    Password meteor

MMS Section:
    APN mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username my
    Password meteor
    MMSC mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS UA Prof URL <blank>

I have inputed this settings into my iPhone 2g but when i exit the "Cellular Data Network" section and go back in I lose the first three inputs in the mms section? I have the photo icon in messages but MMS just won't send or receive. Any ideas? Thanks

shinnerssc wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Auscast viewpost.gif

Cellular Data Section:
    APN isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username my
    Password meteor

MMS Section:
    APN mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username my
    Password meteor
    MMSC mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMS UA Prof URL <blank>

I have inputed this settings into my iPhone 2g but when i exit the "Cellular Data Network" section and go back in I lose the first three inputs in the mms section? I have the photo icon in messages but MMS just won't send or receive. Any ideas? Thanks

You could try using a custom carrier bundle for Meteor.

I've attached my carrier bundle.

Just SSH (I'm assuming you're Jailbroken since you're on Meteor) the 27203 folder to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles, then delete com.apple.carrier.plist and com.apple.operator.plist from /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences (they'll automatically recreate) then reboot, go to the Cellular Data Settings, and hit reset. I've yet to try this since I'm abroad, but it seems to set the data and MMS settings properly. I'll post my results on Wednesday when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jagzc

Instructions to enable MMS on iPhone EDGE:

1st Step : into Cydia and download the package ActivateMMS2G “available in the repository of iSpazio.

2nd Step : Restart the iPhone.

3rd Step : into Settings> General> Network> Cellular Data Network, and add the MMS info for your carrier. You can check out their website or just call them and ask them.

In case others might need it here are the setting for meteor Ireland.
    APN:mms.mymeteor.ie
    USR: my
    PSS: mms
    MMSC: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    MMSC proxy: 10.85.85.85:8799
    MMS Max Message size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://mms.mymeteor.ie
    After step 3 reboot 3 times ! then the icon will be available.

I am out of credit so i will test it soon.But the icon came up fine and i was able to attach a pic with no problems

Popple3 wrote: »
    You could try using a custom carrier bundle for Meteor.

I've attached my carrier bundle.

Just SSH (I'm assuming you're Jailbroken since you're on Meteor) the 27203 folder to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles, then delete com.apple.carrier.plist and com.apple.operator.plist from /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences (they'll automatically recreate) then reboot, go to the Cellular Data Settings, and hit reset. I've yet to try this since I'm abroad, but it seems to set the data and MMS settings properly. I'll post my results on Wednesday when I get home.

Thanks, but unfortunately I'm so not able to do what you just said, Ive no clue how to SSH into my phone at all. But thanks.

Thanks, but unfortunately I'm so not able to do what you just said, Ive no clue how to SSH into my phone at all. But thanks.
    You could try using DiskAid (http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/), you just hook your iPhone up by USB, launch DiskAid and you can browse to folders I mentioned

• Advertisement

You could try using DiskAid (http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/), you just hook your iPhone up by USB, launch DiskAid and you can browse to folders I mentioned

Thanks. Is this very straightforward, because I don't think I'd know what I was doing!!

Thanks. Is this very straightforward, because I don't think I'd know what I was doing!!
    It's pretty simple, all you have to do is open up DiskAid, double-click System, then Library, then Carrier Bundles then drag over the 27203 folder over.

Then browse to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences and delete com.apple.carrier.plist and com.apple.operator.plist

It's just like browsing a USB stick really, with a slightly different UI.

I can put together a quick screen cast if you're still a little shakey on the thoughts of messing with system files.

You on Windows or Mac?

Yeah that would be fantastic, I'm usually fine once i have a tutorial! Windows :)

Yeah that would be fantastic, I'm usually fine once i have a tutorial! Windows :)

Right, I've got the screencast done, it's a bit rough and ready, but hopefully it should get across what you need to know.

You can view it at:
    http://danielbrierton.ie/screencasts/carrierbundle.htm

Good luck :)

Right, I've got the screencast done, it's a bit rough and ready, but hopefully it should get across what you need to know.

You can view it at:
    http://danielbrierton.ie/screencasts/carrierbundle.htm

Good luck :)

Thanks a mil, twas very easy to understand and do, however now I don't have mms at all, in the message area of settings I don't have option to turn on mms???????

Thanks a mil, twas very easy to understand and do, however now I don't have mms at all, in the message area of settings I don't have option to turn on mms???????
    Have you installed Activate2GMMS (or something like that)? If you have, try uninstall and re-install. I've read some people got it to work after trying a second time

hey man, that stuff worked fine and I uploaded the package to my iphone no problem

I now see internet teathering but havn't had a chance to see if it works yet but my mms just fails now and doesn't send :(

hey man, that stuff worked fine and I uploaded the package to my iphone no problem

I now see internet teathering but havn't had a chance to see if it works yet but my mms just fails now and doesn't send :(
    Hmmmm... Perhaps try setting the Max Message size to 307200, I never actually added that to the carrier bundle (whoops). If that doesn't work, I'll have to wait til tomorrow to mess about with it, and I'll post back when/if I've sorted it. I might just have to repackage the carrier bundle as an ipcc, or a .mobileconfig file. If anyone wants to go ahead and try that, feel free.

If not, I shall be back.

EDIT: Actually, just realised, you're on a 3G... Did you have MMS working before you installed my carrier bundle? You might also have to reboot again

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Hmmmm... Perhaps try setting the Max Message size to 307200, I never actually added that to the carrier bundle (whoops). If that doesn't work, I'll have to wait til tomorrow to mess about with it, and I'll post back when/if I've sorted it. I might just have to repackage the carrier bundle as an ipcc, or a .mobileconfig file. If anyone wants to go ahead and try that, feel free.

If not, I shall be back.

EDIT: Actually, just realised, you're on a 3G... Did you have MMS working before you installed my carrier bundle? You might also have to reboot again

Hi all, I can confirm this works for me on the meteor network thanks Popple3. After you update your iPhone 2G you may want to click on the reset button if you had previous settings set for mms. as soon as you do that you'll see Popple3's settings on your phone. Ive sent and received MMS fine.

Thanks Popple3

Sweet, glad I could help. :)

Also, anyone tested tethering on the 3G with my settings yet?

• Advertisement

Have you installed Activate2GMMS (or something like that)? If you have, try uninstall and re-install. I've read some people got it to work after trying a second time

Hey, right I redid everything and I did what you said about removing and reinstalling activatemms2g. I have all your settings in my MMS settings section and I have the photo icon to send MMS, but I cannot send or receive them???? Sorry to keep at you!

Hey, right I redid everything and I did what you said about removing and reinstalling activatemms2g. I have all your settings in my MMS settings section and I have the photo icon to send MMS, but I cannot send or receive them???? Sorry to keep at you!
    I haven't actually tested the carrier bundle yet. It seems to work on the 3G though according to neonman... I'll try it out on my 2G tomorrow when I'm back in Ireland

I haven't actually tested the carrier bundle yet. It seems to work on the 3G though according to neonman... I'll try it out on my 2G tomorrow when I'm back in Ireland

Coolio, thanks!

yea I've rebooted and all, still doesn't work. It is indeed a 3g on meteor. The mms icon was there and all before I done anything just I had wierd things happen with my messages and failing/delayed sending etc

I'll try and mess about with the settings tonight and see. I'll also test the tethering out tonight also!

well I can confirm the teathering works just fine!

the data justs comes off your allowance! sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Magic-SG1

If not, I shall be back.

Dude thank you so much. MMS finally working on my iPhone 2G after 2 and a half years of hearing from my friends, "oh your €400 iPhone cant even send pictures that my crappy €99 one can". These are my settings which work perfect for data and sending and receiving mms's, i used Popple3's carrier package to make the APN'S stick as the kept going blank on me, after installing the carrier package you will have to change the MMS Max Message Size from 0 to 307200. Reboot afterwards and it should work perfect.

Cellular Data
    APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: meteor

MMS
    APN: mms.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: meteor
    MMS Proxy: 010.085.085.085:8799
    MMS Max Message Size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL: Leave blank

I tested MMS with my settings and the ActivateMMS2G patch, and I too can confirm MMS works with those settings (when you change the Max Message Size to 307200

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Capt. Insano

Changing Max Size to 307200 also worked for myself!

iPhone 3G:

1. Downloaded Popple 3's Carrier Bundle
    2. Followed Popple3's instructions on SSH
    3. Reboot
    4. Network Settings Reset (includes Reboot!!)
    5. Changed Max Message Size to 307200
    6. Final Reboot
    7. Working MMS on Meteor and Tether Option available!!

Thanks a Million Popple3!!

Is there any way to turn your carrier bundle in a .mobileconfig file for downloading through Mobile Safari?

Is anyone else having the problem of tiny pictures being recieved by anyone on non-meteor ?

Meteor to Meteor seems fine but Meteor to o2 the pics turn out smaller than 100*100!

• Advertisement

Is there any way to turn your carrier bundle in a .mobileconfig file for downloading through Mobile Safari?

The APN settings can (the ones people are actually having problems with).

Just put one up - http://danielbrierton.ie/files/meteor.mobileconfig
    That SHOULD work to get the APNs in, then enter the rest of the MMS settings as:
    MMSC proxy: 10.85.85.85:8799
    MMS Max Message size: 307200
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://mms.mymeteor.ie

Is anyone else having the problem of tiny pictures being recieved by anyone on non-meteor ?

Meteor to Meteor seems fine but Meteor to o2 the pics turn out smaller than 100*100!

What value do you have for Max Message Size? I've heard of others having that problem.

Also, to everyone, I've attached an updated Meteor Carrier Bundle, so you don't have to change the Max Message Size after. Nothing much really, just means it should work from as soon as you hit Reset Settings

Advertisement