Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone find Raheen/Dooradoyle starting to get scummy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Anyway back on topic any one else have stories/examples of the scum in the area?

Im sure there would be.

Irrespective of what area you live in there will be an element of scum. My neighbours are all great BUT somebody did set the abandoned house on fire at the entrance to the estate and apparently somebody robbed the Insurance offices in the village and I live in Newport. A supposedly sleepy village.

So, no matter where you live there WILL always be an "element" and they are easier to see when you live in the supposedly affluent areas of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Anyway back on topic any one else have stories/examples of the scum in the area?

why are you always downing Limerick City......you have very little good to say about Limerick.

Even the lads that come on here from Dublin and Cork give it more praise than you...

Everytime I read a post or a thread started with your name on it, well it is all negative... .
    Have you any pride about your City??
    If I didn't know Limerick as well as I do and was relying on your opinion I'd think the whole place is a shi###le.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

I live in Dublin, and believe me Limerick is 10 times safer.

The only problems I have with limerick are the whingers that live in it, like the ones that created this thread, they have nothing better to do but whinge and moan........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

mysterious wrote: »
    I live in Dublin, and believe me Limerick is 10 times safer.

The only problems I have with limerick are the whingers that live in it, like the ones that created this thread, they have nothing better to do but whinge and moan........

Yea you know a place is full of whingers and moaners when people start whinging and moaning about people who whinge and moan. The circle is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Kess73 wrote: »
    Let's just put them on an island and have a real life Battle Royale.

Damn I love that film. :D

That was tried with Island Field and look how that turned out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mike kelly wrote: »
    That was tried with Island Field and look how that turned out.

Try an island with nothing but ocean around it and we might be getting somewhere. Just dump the lot of them onto ot, it would not have to be a large island as I would imagine there would only be a thousand, maybe two thousand, that would need to be removed. :D

Actually it is quite a scary thing when you consider that the vast majority of all of the criminal problems in Limerick is caused by maybe one or two thousand people. Scary in the sense that such a minority have done so much damage to the image of the city over the years. I know there are lots of other issues in Limerick that could be solved by the local authorities and with proper funding, but the criminal element is what has given Limerick it's negative image.

For me, Limerick is nowhere near as bad as many make it out to be, but at the same time it is nowhere near as god as some with blinkers on would have people believe. The crime rates here are not in proportion to the size of the population and one thing that always bugs me is walk down O'Connell Street in Limerick, and then walk down the main streets in Cork and Galway. Generally there are less rough types on their two main streets compared to Limerick, and I put it down to one simple thing. Not that there are less of that type there than here, but the simple fact that both those cities have a lot of Gardai on foot that are very visible on their main streets. The scumbags do not respect the law, that much we all know, but at the same time they do not want to be caught doing stuff either, so they seem to hang out less on the main streets in those cities compared to here.

It is just a personal observation after having lived in all three cities and from being a regular in Cork city still. I am not saying that those cities do not have their own fair share of trouble makers, but their city centres seem to have figured out how to keep the scum away from the regular people a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

yeah the wall behind the Eircom telephone exchange was vandalised in the last year. My father in his spare time went and cleaned it, got a lot of verbal support from passers by. Same happened a few months later and other neighbours acted in the same way by cleaned the wall.

Just a few weeks back down near the traffic lights(ones at the end of Avonmore road) and there were people cleaning the graffiti off the numerous walls/boxes there.

Just some examples of people in the community showing the scobes, we dont tolerate this type of behaviour in our community

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Actually it is quite a scary thing when you consider that the vast majority of all of the criminal problems in Limerick is caused by maybe one or two thousand people. Scary in the sense that such a minority have done so much damage to the image of the city over the years. I know there are lots of other issues in Limerick that could be solved by the local authorities and with proper funding, but the criminal element is what has given Limerick it's negative image.

according to Wikipedia LIM's population is 50'000 for the city itself and about 90'0000 including suburbs. still an astonishing high amount of "unwanted elements" for the size of that city, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

...cleaning walls... Just some examples of people in the community showing the scobes, we dont tolerate this type of behaviour in our community

i mean that's great that the community sticks together and keeps their area clean. i really honor the effort!
    but do you really think a scummer will stop graffitying walls or vandalising if he sees some fools (that what he might thinking!) cleaning up the mess he left? oh those good people are cleaning the walls from my graffitties. i hang my head in shame and promise i will never ever do it again!
    i don't think so...

it might work if ye would beat him up while he is spraying. that would teach him a lesson! maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

yeah the wall behind the Eircom telephone exchange was vandalised in the last year. My father in his spare time went and cleaned it, got a lot of verbal support from passers by. Same happened a few months later and other neighbours acted in the same way by cleaned the wall.

Just a few weeks back down near the traffic lights(ones at the end of Avonmore road) and there were people cleaning the graffiti off the numerous walls/boxes there.

Just some examples of people in the community showing the scobes, we dont tolerate this type of behaviour in our community

Good job by the residents there but i agree with the clock.. Fair enough if its only 'jono lvs mary 4 eva' but if its decent graffiti your only clenaning their canvas for the next use.. i myself love graffiti.. when its done right of course.. i think the yard down the dock road looks awesome. every city has spent tons of money trying and i mean trying to stop it. stop wasting your time. graffiti will never go away its millions of years old! and its much less of a problem here than anywhere else. limerick has been unlucky in the sense that there have been no decent graffiti artists here for a long time hencve all the 'Billie Mc woz ere' masterpieces .. anyone remember spy vs spy? or the star wars piece on clancy strand.

anyway sorry for going off topic. cleaning the stuff around raheen might make you feel good when passers by commend you but its a waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

i mean that's great that the community sticks together and keeps their area clean. i really honor the effort!
    but do you really think a scummer will stop graffitying walls or vandalising if he sees some fools (that what he might thinking!) cleaning up the mess he left? oh those good people are cleaning the walls from my graffitties. i hang my head in shame and promise i will never ever do it again!
    i don't think so...

it might work if ye would beat him up while he is spraying. that would teach him a lesson! maybe.

They were cleaning it up to keep the area looking respectable rather than to stop the scummers vandalizing I'd say

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    They were cleaning it up to keep the area looking respectable rather than to stop the scummers vandalizing I'd say

Thats exactly it. And it was just stupid vandalism as opposed to the professional sort of graffiti, but still I dont think public areas in Raheen/Dooradoyle would welcome such "art"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

i hate this excuse that the scobes have nothing to do,ive often been bored growing up but i didnt go out and act like a scumbag along with plenty of people.They want something to do?get up and look for a job would be a start,drinking till all hours of the morning or hanging around streets.What the hell is penguign strolling and bmw driving have to do with scum in the area?

Vamp i think parents have no control anymore, a hard slap of the wooden spoon wouldnt do any harm!

Personally i dont know how someone people are allowed have children

get up and look for a job would be a start,drinking till all hours of the morning or hanging around streets.What the hell is penguign strolling and bmw driving have to do with scum in the area?

Look for a job are you for real? Have you seen many jobs vacant lately?

first of all its penguin not penguign

second im saying not all people fit that bracket and just cuz i wear a hoodie dont call me a scobe.

You cant be bored you whinge all day on the internet sher!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Stab*City wrote: »

second im saying not all people fit that bracket and just cuz i wear a hoodie dont call me a scobe.

Hey I do the post proof reading around here. By the way it sure not sher!!

cher.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Trolling is fun (Sorry Berty) :p

i hate this excuse that the scobes have nothing to do,ive often been bored growing up but i didnt go out and act like a scumbag along with plenty of people.They want something to do?get up and look for a job would be a start,drinking till all hours of the morning or hanging around streets.What the hell is penguign strolling and bmw driving have to do with scum in the area?
    Hey I do the post proof reading around here. By the way it sure not sher!!

cher.jpg

No i meant sher..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

that area, raheen/ballycummin/dooradoyle has a population of around 25,000, its almost a town in itself..with a growing population its bound to have a bit of anti-social behavior

If that is the population, there should be at least a garda/firestation or sub station's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Stab*City wrote: »

Yes i am for "real" if you dont try look for a job you wont get,im looking and will keep looking.Sorry what is penguin strollling

I didnt call you a scobe for wearing a hoody
    However when i see lads walking round with hoodies up acting dodgy/aggresive i think this is scoby thats my impression

Stab City relax friend your sounding like wannabe hardman,im just debating the area which i think is fair to highlight it kiss kiss make up happy:)

Yes i am for "real" if you dont try look for a job you wont get,im looking and will keep looking.Sorry what is penguin strollling

I didnt call you a scobe for wearing a hoody
    However when i see lads walking round with hoodies up acting dodgy/aggresive i think this is scoby thats my impression

Stab City relax friend your sounding like wannabe hardman,im just debating the area which i think is fair to highlight it kiss kiss make up happy:)

No worries vamp..
    And im not a wannabe im the real deal!

One thing that is annoying me is there is this new family moved into the area around the huntsfield roundabout on the dooradoyle road. They must not be there too long as ive only noticed what they are doing recently.

Its happened a few times now where you get up in the morning and low and behold this family has disposed of their rubbish at the side of the road. When i say the side of the road i mean right beside the roundabout at the end of their neighbours wall. My friend actually seen them in the act.. What they are doing is sending the kids out onto the road with the rubbish to dump. the kids are young and always out around the road. i dont think their mother even gives a toss about them.

But the rubbish thing is a joke.. and its all empty coke cans, take away wrappers and sweets. Thats what these kids are living on. and to make it worse then she sends them out after the rubbish is dumped to burn it.

Im sick of it anyway me and the lads are collecting rubbish for dumping on her doorstep if she keeps it up. although this may backfire if she decides to dump our rubbish on the road too!!

Either that or a "letter from the residents committee" telling them stop or their windows would be broke!! (JOKE)

Im not the kind of person to ring the gaurds so thats all i could come up with so far.

im all for live and let live but i mean when times were bad i often had ten bags of rubbish stockpiled in my garage till i could pay binman never once did i even contemplate dumping my rubbish at the neighbours wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

not one to tell you you're business. ring the ****ing guards or the council or someone and get her fined at least, dont try the whole i'm not gonna ring the guards cos i'm better than that bull ****.

i'd say you're prob the same type of person when something happens whinges that the guards were nowhere to be found

mcowhey wrote: »
    not one to tell you you're business. ring the ****ing guards or the council or someone and get her fined at least, dont try the whole i'm not gonna ring the guards cos i'm better than that bull ****.

i'd say you're prob the same type of person when something happens whinges that the guards were nowhere to be found

I dont ring the guards because they are useless. Better than what? your not making sense. How could you be better than that if you dont ring them.

Ill put it like this to ya im the kind of person who before i saw the light and changed my ways, i was your total fu**in nightmare buddy.

I was jogging this morning and passed by that rubbish tip and noticed it had been set on fire, although very poorly.

Mate you should take pics and when the Gardai arrive show them. I have seen those kids too, amazing that their parents leave them play out right beside a busy road, seen one or two times where they blantantly walked out in front of cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The Gardai do know about the roundabout rubbish and have known for a week or so.

Their response was that unless they catch the people in the act that there is nothing they can do.

Personally our Gardai in Limerick, well actually the younger generation of them, are nothing other than useless. Someone I know had to report something two weeks ago and because it was only animals (birds and cats) being shot at in the area, it was basically laughed at. The same Garda stopped laughing and got ratty when the person took his shoulder number and told him they would be putting it in writing that he had no interest in people shooting air rifles out the windows of a house in a built up area. This was in the Dooradoyle area as well, and not a million miles away from that roundabout.

The garda was less than impressed when handed a plastic bag with three dead birds in it. Which to my mind would still have the pellets in them too.

Their response was that unless they catch the people in the act that there is nothing they can do.

Personally our Gardai in Limerick, well actually the younger generation of them, are nothing other than useless.

I partly guessed as much.. and i suppose since its the kids thats dumping it all she has to say is the kids are doing it not via her instruction.

I also agree with you 110% on the guards being useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

ok mr worst nightmare why are the guards completely ****in useless

• Advertisement

mcowhey wrote: »
    ok mr worst nightmare why are the guards completely ****in useless

I dont like your tone so im not gonna bother answering your question.

Advertisement