Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ares TAR-21 Tavor Review-Discussion

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Firekitten wrote: »
    Stop being a drama whore richie...
    Look at it from a tech standpoint, its a semi auto issue in a bullpup, and you know why that is...
    Im sorry, but one non issue with zero one's lot, and to be honest i dont rate zero one to even have a clue personaly... dont dis en entire country for one shop.
    Mine works, mine came from the uk, I'll defend the rifle all i bloody like...

I'm sorry now but you need to come off your self superiority horse. Masada has been far more of an input and source of help and knowledge on this forum than you have. Not to say your not entitled to your opinion but your attitude stinks to high heaven. We are ALL entitled to our opinions just not entitled to become whats just plain and simple ignorant in the face of an opposing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Calm down.
    Thread locked after reported post.
    Mods feel free to reopen etc when you're back online.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

hightower1 infracted for Back Seat Modding.

Get on with the thread, keep bitch comments to you selfs and keep on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Tavors bring out the worst in people.

I blame the excessive plastic, gucci factor and a lack of wooden parts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Im getting sick of modding this thread people...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 QBall S8

I totally understand that I am Necro Posting. But I was wondering if you guys have heard of a fix for the semi-fire issue. It still seems to be going on, I just recently bought a TAR-21 Dark Earth model, no MARS but two rails, and I really do like the gun. Best AEG I've shot stock.

My only issue is its locking on me occasionally. And its never at the right times. The Manufacturer told me that it was:

Thanks for your email.

Since we do wholesale business only, we may provide spare parts to our dealers only.
    Please kindly contact AirsoftGI for this case as it occurs warranty issue.

Should you have further queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

I took it to a local airsmith that has been working on guns for a while and we determined what the problem appears to be.

These numbers are taken from the online PDF:

Part Number: D68 appears to be about .5 millimeters too short, after a few shots the trigger post (D68) starts missing the switch housing (D67). I'm wondering if this was corrected in later models and I might have an old one...maybe the two parts are bad and its not the design but that is what we determine after about 8 hours of trying everything else.

I bought the gun in Feb. and now the gun that I bought the gun from says they only have 24-48 hour warranties on all AEG's bought/sold and that should I require it to be fixed I'm going to have to pay for parts and labor. I haven't been able to use this gun in a full game yet.

So I guess my question, has anyone had this problem, and do you know what a way to fix it? I've also put up a YouTube video with the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NaJw3YNOEA

Thanks for your help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Hey,

I know the problem you speak of, I had the very same thing with my own one and solved it with some simple filing/sanding of an internal part. Heres my review Discussion thread with all the info you need, :)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055720159&highlight=ares+tavor+review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Lemming wrote: »
    It would have gone something like this:

"We're not reviewing this until you give us one that is in working order".

A missing hop-up is not the AEG's fault (unless of course by intentional design .. which it isn't in this case), it's a quality control issue that can be laid directly at the feet of the manufacturers, as should really be blindingly obvious to all and sundry. This should be common sense, as it isn't a circumstance unique to airsoft but every manufactured product throughout the history of creation.

That is incorrect IMO. You review the piece that is given to you. As a reviewer if you are asked to write about an item the only thing you can write about is what you see.
    One must remember that the punter that buys a specific piece of kit does not want to have to contact the supplier after handing out a large wad of dosh for it. They want one that works. AKA "What they paid for it to do".

Secondly, if you are questioned on the review you must be able to stand over it. You do that by sticking to the facts, not excusing them.

The one I reviewed for Take Aim exhibited all of the faults that are mentioned here. I duely slated it. Why? Because if I was going to a shop to buy one I would not be happy with what I got. I would likewise not be happy with a rifle that underperformed or needed "tweeking" to get it just right.

Thirdly as a reviewer, it is not youor job to sell the gun, it's your job to tell it exactly as you see it. That way when you write a good review, it is a good review. Likewise when you write a bad one.......

Advertisement