Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free text messages online?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Don't worry, the person I'm texting won't be going to the Gardai. I'm not threatening them, just taunting (there's a legal difference, right?) - and they're the one who broke the law so they can't risk complaining about me as it'll all come out what they've been up to.

So if I send a text via cabbage the person who receives the text has no idea what number it comes from, is that right?

No that's not right. If you use cabbage it will show the number you texted from.
    If you get a free sim card in a shop (o2 give 250 free texts per month) and dont register for it then there is no way to trace of where it has come from. Only sam vines will know but he wouldn't be storing the data so no one will know really.

Dont use the sim in a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Stones85

Keith186 wrote: »
    No that's not right. If you use cabbage it will show the number you texted from.
    If you get a free sim card in a shop (o2 give 250 free texts per month) and dont register for it then there is no way to trace of where it has come from. Only sam vines will know but he wouldn't be storing the data so no one will know really.

Dont use the sim in a phone.

Sense.

Go to tesco, spent 30/40 euro on some cheap ass phone, then chuck it away. Don't register

PS if you want to hold on to the phone and continue texting make sure you take the battery out when you're not actively using it.

Not condoning crime or harrassment of anykind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CelticHamster

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    9c is fine. Must check that out later on when I get home.
    Or you could try www.mycheaptexts.com and get texts for 3c. They also have a WAP page so you can send messages from your mobile. A bit clunky but handy when ur not online.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does cabbage support 3 now that they have free webtexts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Are we gonna be filled in on what you need this for, or have you not found a way of sending the texts yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Does cabbage support 3 now that they have free webtexts?
    3 has free webtexts now? holy crap why didn't anyone tell me!!!!:eek:

go get a free sim and throw it in ur phone

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Keogg wrote: »
    3 has free webtexts now? holy crap why didn't anyone tell me!!!!:eek:
    Yup. 333 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Yup. 333 of them.
    its about time too :pac: and now we get the most free webtexts, mwahahaaha

:EDIT: 100 posts, yay two stars!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement