Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is a very POLITICAL viewpoint but I'd love to get a non-religious viewpoint

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Húrin wrote: »
    Should have emphasised the I know part. Most people I know don't post on boards.
    I wasn't disagreeing with you, only pointing out what I'd noticed. I'm well aware Boards is a microcosm, as is anyone's social circle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

compass has been in my sig for a while. I find it very idealistic though, and there tends to be a duplicity between what people imagine they want and how they act.

I want a world of equal rights, but I also want cheap clothes and products. I accept that a lot of people less fortunate than myself are buffering my western lifestyle and supporting it while suffering themselves. With our wallets, we tend to vote right.

Reminds me of Sideshow Bob: "Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals and rule you like a king!"

Benjamin Franklins quote below also seems to be becoming more and more appropriate:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

The Political Compass
    Economic Left/Right: -2.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92
    10346.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

pcgraphpng.png

It's who I am...

Heil!

policompass.png

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,200 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

yoke.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

[IMG][/img]pcgraphpng.th.png

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -6.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.51

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

pcgraphpng.png

It's who I am...

This is a joke, right? Right?

Zillah wrote: »
    This is a joke, right? Right?

No, of course not. It's just the way it came out... I think it reflects who I am quite accurately.

(But really, it came out pretty much identical to every other one that has been posted: far to the left and down low).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

pcgraphpng.png

I cannot believe that the closest Irish political party to my result is.......The Shinners!!! Jesus H! The irony. They are the one Irish political party I would never ever vote for :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

In sig, same as most others here it seems.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Calibos wrote: »
    I cannot believe that the closest Irish political party to my result is.......The Shinners!!! Jesus H! The irony. They are the one Irish political party I would never ever vote for :D
    I feel your pain - I'm closest to the Greens. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

In Green I trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Could it be that atheists are less likely to be authoritarian? If you think you need someone looking over you to make sure you don't go wrong would you be willing to accept a deity or a politician to do that job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Roughly what I was expecting to be honest!

pcgraph.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-5.25&soc=-8.15

Doesn't surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-1.88&soc=-3.59

One needs to remember that this is an American survey, and thus most Europeans would be viewed as left-wing. I reckon one should do the test, and then visually shift the dot a few notchs to the right and maybe up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Economic Left/Right: 2.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.15

So I'm only slightly right wing according to the test, interesting but inaccurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

[IMG][/img]politicalcompassq.th.png

I dunno how to make it big but anyway im surprised i wasn't much more right leading

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Pretty much as expected :)

Take that, authority!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=83104&d=1245405266

• Advertisement

[IMG][/img]politicalcompassq.th.png

I dunno how to make it big but anyway im surprised i wasn't much more right leading

If I'm remembering correctly, you're the guy who thinks fags are weird and wrong, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Zillah wrote: »
    If I'm remembering correctly, you're the guy who thinks fags are weird and wrong, right?

Correct my friend. This is I,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055579594

• Registered Users Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭positron

Thought I am left'er than this... but in good company anyway..! :D

polcompass.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Economic Left/Right: -1.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.10

pcgraphpngphpq.png

I'm happy enough about that.

positron wrote: »
    Thought I am left'er than this... but in good company anyway..! :D

polcompass.png

I have such a nerd-urge to register an account called "electron" and post results diametrically opposed to yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I've done this one so many times I can't bring myself to do it again...but I always get right in the middle of the bottom left square....but if I were to place myself on it I would be dead center-extreme bottom.

Advertisement