Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

regarding the results

Options
  • 16-06-2009 9:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

to those who have done the L.C before do you have to add your points up separately on the sheet you get or is that done for you down the aside or something?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Your result sheet just gives the grade for each subject.
    You have to add up the points for each grade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

thanks alot mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

When I went into the principal, she had added them up and asked if she wanted to tell me them or did I just want the envelope. The sheet just has the grades on it for each individual subject though so bring a calculator!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

does it tell you on the sheet what each grade equals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I can't remember rightly - but aren't what each grade equals to in points, written on the back of the slip?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Guys this year they are sending them to your houses instead

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

no just the grades! the principal and teachers no what ya got before hand. What ours done last year was gave us an ordinary report sheet with our grades and points on it.
    Everyone came out delighted with themselves (until they realised what she was at), turns out she added up all the subjects not just your six best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    That can't be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

AFAIK they never send them out to your house. You have to go into the school to collect your results.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

ayapatrick wrote: »
    no just the grades! the principal and teachers no what ya got before hand. What ours done last year was gave us an ordinary report sheet with our grades and points on it.
    Everyone came out delighted with themselves (until they realised what she was at), turns out she added up all the subjects not just your six best.

That would be the most disapointing thing in the world!! I'd be so annoyed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

down the bottom of the sheet it says A1 100-90% 100 points, A2 89-85% 90 points etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Nameajaysus

You add them up yourself mostly. But in my school the principal calls us one by one into his office to get our results. He added up our results for us there and then. Took ages though and he added up a LOT of results incorrectly! :eek: :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Fince wrote: »
    down the bottom of the sheet it says A1 100-90% 100 points, A2 89-85% 90 points etc.

thanks, was wondering how'd you know I can never remember what each grade is.

and the principal adding up all the subjects, hilarious! you be really upset though I'd say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

http://www.skoool.ie/caopoints/cao_points.asp

hey thats just a site I know of where you can add up your points....I can't tell you how many times I am going to use that over the summer...ha dont you do it too much:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

you can do it on qualifax too!

It's not very difficult to do with a pen and paper, or even in your head...

For an honours subject, just round whatever % you get up to the nearest multiple of 5 (e.g. 73%, round up to nearest 5: 75) and that's the number of points it's worth.

For an ordinary level subject, just do the same thing but subtract 40 from whatever it works out to be.

It'll be trickier to do with grades I suppose, but once you know what a C3 and a B3 is worth it's not too difficult to work out the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

star-pants wrote: »
    AFAIK they never send them out to your house. You have to go into the school to collect your results.

We are getting them posted to us , sure what if you cannot collect them iam telling you waht I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

We are getting them posted to us , sure what if you cannot collect them iam

internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

i got mine posted last year - opened them up and freaked out caus i didnt have the internet and didnt know the points vs. subjects i threw my room apart searching for my journal (theres a list in it), when i finally found it i copped the points thing at the bottom :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

We are getting them posted to us , sure what if you cannot collect them iam telling you waht I was told
    If you cannot collect, results are available online or by phone.
    We were given special pin codes to allow us to do that if we dont wanna/cant go down to collect em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

should go in though to the school guys! just to see everyone panicking :D and the odd wan crying:P i remember driving in last year and there was this one trying to cross the main road in her car, she tryed about 10 times before giving up - panicking.
    besides all that it gets it over and done with instead of waiting till 12 oclock like and ya see how everyone else does!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

i got mine posted last year - opened them up and freaked out caus i didnt have the internet and didnt know the points vs. subjects i threw my room apart searching for my journal (theres a list in it), when i finally found it i copped the points thing at the bottom :rolleyes:

I love it :D haha!
    sounds like something i would do:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

C'mon folks is this seriously a worry for you?

If you don't do very well just ad up what you get, if you do very well ad up what you don't get,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

What time do you go into school to collect them in the morning?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most schools go and collect the results from the local delivery office and they would have them available shortly after the school opens.
    If the school is waiting on a postal delivery it will be later.

There are a few house-keeping checks have to be done on results before they are issued, but they don't take long.

Short answer, some schools will have them available from 9am or so, all should have them available by 11am at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Do the schools let you know when to come in or do you kind of just turn up on the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Does the school open your results before you do?

That'd be well cheeky.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Piste wrote: »

That'd be well cheeky.

They get them on this sort of spread sheet thing, and they are the ones that put them into envelopes because the department send them with your exam number but the school put them in named envelopes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Piste wrote: »

That'd be well cheeky.

Yes, I think they usually do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Gah, what bad form! We're not children :mad:

Advertisement