Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary V Clare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Maybe im sayin it too early but it seems clare are in the qualifiers with limerick, galway and wexford... Tipps usual dominance in a game is not very enjoyable to watch. Anyone else question mcmahons goal for clare in first half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sslazio11

Why oh why oh why do TV3 have Trevor Welch doing commentary on a hurling game? He doesn't have a notion.

Clare are giving this a good lash, but everytime they get it back to 4/5 points, Tipp just ease away again. Just too many classy hurlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭GymJim

Maybe im sayin it too early but it seems clare are in the qualifiers with limerick, galway and wexford... Tipps usual dominance in a game is not very enjoyable to watch. Anyone else question mcmahons goal for clare in first half?

Couldn't question Clare's application but there are just times when skill cannot be overcome by gruntwork.

As for Tipp's usual dominance...not sure this is quite right. Tbf Tipp should be out of sight if really were as dominant as they should be. They seem unable to kill a team off when on top (like the Cork game). This will get them through Munster but will kill them against the Cats in the end.

Again Ryan seems a smashing player. Lovely sideline cut there. Noel McGrath also is an outstanding talent.

Oh getting abit tense now.. If clare can get their goal, it might just give them the push they need.. They seem to be up for it. Gymjim i think i spoke too early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

'Tis a grand match..

...except the only problem is it's on TV3 instead of RTÉ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

sslazio11 wrote: »
    Why oh why oh why do TV3 have Trevor Welch doing commentary on a hurling game? He doesn't have a notion.

I would have to agree. He should go back to stuffing his face with bacon sandwiches. :pac:

Oh getting abit tense now.. If clare can get their goal, it might just give them the push they need.. They seem to be up for it. Gymjim i think i spoke too early.

This is what I mean...while I can't see Clare score a goal Tipp should be way out of sight by now. Yes Clare's fight has been great but Tipp have missed 3 handy points in the last few minutes to kill them off.

Never give a sucker a chance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

What a save by Cummins!! My God.

Great game.

Ah its over... Tipp must up their game for the munster final if they want to beat waterford. Id say they'd be able for it. Well done to noel mcgrath for man of the match. Played a class game today.

TV3 must have just had 10 straight mins of ads. Did I just imagine how long that was. Ah here's Sheehy and the daughter...he must be annoyed not to have run away with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomas911

Lucky to get through, we need to stop falling asleep after the first 30 minutes.

GymJim wrote: »
    TV3 must have just had 10 straight mins of ads. Did I just imagine how long that was. Ah here's Sheehy and the daughter...he must be annoyed not to have run away with this.

the program is supposed to be over at 6.30 so i think tv3 are just trying to waste as much time as possible. Will they just get on with the qualifier draw. Matt cooper is just blabbing on like..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

We can take this Tipp team tbh. Like Jamesie just said, we've a brilliant record against Tipp in recent years. I did say yesterday that Mullane and Kelly are going to have to work far harder to get that kind of room in the forward line, but if the Tipp backs switch off from time to time like they did today or against Cork we'll be able to stock up some crucial scores.

Clare goal was certainly not a goal. How did nobody on the pitch notice that?

GymJim wrote: »
    Clare goal was certainly not a goal. How did nobody on the pitch notice that?

oh another 'short' break. It better be... Definetly not a goal. Conor o brien should get his eyes checked. As a tipp man, you'd think that he would have noticed it when he was standing right infrnt of the goal!

oh another 'short' break. It better be... Definetly not a goal. Conor o brien should get his eyes checked. As a tipp man, you'd think that he would have noticed it when he was standing right infrnt of the goal!

It won't be. A "short" break for TV3 is a full length one on any other station. They seem to bring new levels of inadequacy to each game they show. Still for some reaon I want to take a train journey and fly to Dubai though...no idea why :D

Just back...at least a 5 minute break there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Why was it not a goal(Clare)?

Melion wrote: »
    Why was it not a goal(Clare)?

from what I could see and others saw, the sliothar did not go over the goal line, it hit off the side of the post very quick and came out again... Ah sur..

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

but on a closer look brendan cummins' hurl(backup hurl located in the net) fell to the ground when the sliothar went through . correct me if i'm wrong .

• Advertisement

davestar wrote: »
    but on a closer look brendan cummins' hurl(backup hurl located in the net) fell to the ground when the sliothar went through . correct me if i'm wrong .

the sunday games on so ill tell ya now when they replay it.. They will probably discuss it on da programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

the sunday games on so ill tell ya now when they replay it.. They will probably discuss it on da programme.

sound .

davestar wrote: »
    sound .

it wasnt a goal.. It didnt pass the goal line.. Dont have a clue about the back up hurleys falling but it wasnt a goal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It clearly went over the line, Cummin's hurleys fell to the ground so the ball obviously hit the net or one of the actual hurleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

It clearly went over the line, Cummin's hurleys fell to the ground so the ball obviously hit the net or one of the actual hurleys.

:rolleyes: Seriously I hope you dont drive or anything. Did you watch the replay of it? There is no question of it going over the line it hit the butt of the post and came back out, the hurl was resting against the post and fell causing the net to ripple thats why no one questioned it at the time.

:rolleyes: Seriously I hope you dont drive or anything. Did you watch the replay of it? There is no question of it going over the line it hit the butt of the post and came back out, the hurl was resting against the post and fell causing the net to ripple thats why no one questioned it at the time.

Exactly how the hell can anyone think it was over the line? It clearly hit the post and came back out with the impact with the post knocking Cummins' hurley.

How can you say it clearly went over the line if you don't know whether the ball hit the net or the hurleys? That clip will probably be used in a Specsavers ad in future it was so clear it hit the post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

I was behind the goal and initially i thought it had hit a post... and there was certainly a sound like it hit the post.

Goalie , Backs and forwards , umpires all thought it had hit the hurleys ..so green flag !!

Question : should those goalies hurleys (all 10 of them) be left behind the goal line ..intefering with play or should they be left somewhere else??

Good Clare display but really never troubled Tipp even though it took a last minute save to keep up from a replay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

romah wrote: »
    Question : should those goalies hurleys (all 10 of them) be left behind the goal line ..intefering with play or should they be left somewhere else?

Or more importantly should it be mandatory that umpires are not visually imparied mates of the ref.(who did a fine job btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flan45

I was behind that end as well and didn't have any doubts that it was a goal at the time. I don't think there is any dispute after seeing the Sunday Game footage. The ball clearly hit the post.

We were in the crowd and as soon as it went goalwards there were people jumping so it was difficult to get a proper view, I don't understand how the umpires could have missed it though. Agree with the other poster, the goalkeepers shouldn't be allowed keep hurleys in the net.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭corcaioch

It was a goal. Here's the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVZFRsmFLc

Advertisement