Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary V Clare

Options
  • 16-06-2009 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Well lads!

Does anyone know the story with tickets for this match? Like would people be able to get tickets in Limerick? Terrace preferably! :p

And predictions are welcome too btw...feeling quite confident about this one despite my usual pessimism! lol

Tipp 2-17
    Clare 0-16

...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

I dont think there will be too many from Clare heading in the ennis road on sunday

TICKET PRICES
    Mackey Stand (Covered) – Adult €30: Juvenile €5.
    Uncovered Stand – Adult €25: Juvenile €5
    Terrace – €20

tickets can normally be bought outside the ground before the match
    without too much hassle...shouldnt be any more than 20,000 at it ...not a Munster final so all the fine weather supporters will be at home.

as for a result ...Tipp by at least 10 points ..and thats being optimistic:(

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

romah wrote: »
    I dont think there will be too many from Clare heading in the ennis road on sunday

TICKET PRICES
    Mackey Stand (Covered) – Adult €30: Juvenile €5.
    Uncovered Stand – Adult €25: Juvenile €5
    Terrace – €20

tickets can normally be bought outside the ground before the match
    without too much hassle...shouldnt be any more than 20,000 at it ...not a Munster final so all the fine weather supporters will be at home.

as for a result ...Tipp by at least 10 points ..and thats being optimistic:(

Oh...I would have that there would be up around 30,000 at this given that it's Clare's first championship game of the year and that the general talk in my area is that there's a good crowd making the journey! :confused:

I think Clare are going to try hit us hard rather than play classy and keep the scoreboard ticking over so maybe a top-class spectacle isn't to be expected??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Benhonan

Classy hurling isn't really what we pride ourselves on here in Clare, and it's definitely not what Mike Mac is famous for, so that's no surprise. It'll probably be a fairly heavy defeat, but I'm still looking forward to seeing James Mac get his first proper championship run as well as hopefully a few of the younger players getting a chance to shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Don't know anyone who is going from Tipp.Still there if they lose anyway and won munster last yr so no great attraction.pre back door would have been a much bigger draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Clare are 4/1 to win, don't think I've ever seen such long odds for a Munster Championship match before. If I had money to burn I'd stick a bit on them, but it's not going to happen. Tipp by 7 or 8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Tipp for me. Second best team in the country at the moment. Way too much power for Clare to handle. 6 points + margin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

There will be about 5,000 from Clare at this game. That is all the true supporters that exist in the county these days. A crowd of 22-25,000 I'd say. Tickets will be readily available.
    Tipp are of course massive favourites but Clare could be stubborn. Remember Clare beat Waterford and Limerick last year in the Munster C'ship. I dunno 4/1 I reckon they're worth a tenner.

Clare are a team in transition . If the League is anything to go by there is a lot of transition left to go

have been to a number of the league matches this year and saw a team that was really struggling to keep up with the rest ..a draw with dublin was the highlight..also rans this year I fear

Tipp have already had an recent outing against CORK so they will be at championship pace

Tipp blitzed Clare in the first half of last years munster final and there was no way back ..

Good Luck Clare..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Clare's poor league form just means that they will want to prove themselves in this their first championship match. They're stubborn at the best of times and wont' be that far off Tipp. Still you'd have to fancy the Premier County to prevail by 4 or 5 points. It will be closer than people are thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Tipp will have a better chance of winning. Tipp should get into the semis..

Thats if you believe it that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

zenmonk wrote: »
    Remember Clare beat Waterford and Limerick last year in the Munster C'ship. I dunno 4/1 I reckon they're worth a tenner.
    With respect, Clare beat two teams who were in total chaos at the time. Limerick were pure muck throughout last years championship, conceeding 4 goals to Clare and having Offaly beat us by 10 points in our own back yard, with stories of drink fuelled escapades abounding. Things were obviously not right in the Waterford camp, a very poor showing against Clare was followed by the players ousting Justin McCarthy.
    mysterious wrote: »
    Tipp will have a better chance of winning. Tipp should get into the semis..

Thats if you believe it that is.
    They're already in the semi's ;)

Was strolling by Cusack Park in Ennis last night ...and saw gate open so in I went and at a good look at Clare senior team training session ..with about a crowd of 3

Certainly didnt look like a senior inter county hurling team that was training ...simple control and first touch just not there in the bits and pieces of training that i saw ..

There is too much focus on the physical side of the game nowadays and the simple skills of hurling have suffered for it ..

no looking good :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Clare Team:
    Clare (SH v Tipperary): P Brennan; P Vaughan, J McInerney, G O’Grady; P Donnellan, B Bugler, A Markham; B O’Connell, T Griffin; T Carmody, D McMahon, C Ryan; N Gilligan, D Barrett, J Clancy.

They have Griffin startin in midfield with BOC which looks like an interesting one but i'm not sure if it will stay that way come the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Nice to see Tipp have finally seen the light re. Webster and have John O Brien on the edge of the square where he belongs. Webster is grand as a plan B when things arent happening or whatever but to be starting him in Championship was madness, a feckin rookie FB gets Hurler of the month after marking him says it all really

I wouldn't be so hard on Webster. He gave Brian Lohan an awful cleaning in his debut match, and since then he has gotten blatantly fouled in a lot of championship matches with a lot of refs doing the typical GAA thing of allowing full backs to absolutely molest full forwards who are unfortunate enough to be bigger and stronger than them. Cadogan was a prime example of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

What is the Tipperary team for Sunday actually I haven't seen it yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

Brendan Cummins; Paddy Stapleton, Paul Curran, Conor O'Brien; Declan Fanning, Conor O'Mahony (Captain), Padraic Maher; James Woodlock, Shane McGrath; Pat Kerwick, Seamus Callanan, Lar Corbett; Eoin Kelly, John O'Brien, Noel McGrath

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Benhonan wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so hard on Webster. He gave Brian Lohan an awful cleaning in his debut match, and since then he has gotten blatantly fouled in a lot of championship matches with a lot of refs doing the typical GAA thing of allowing full backs to absolutely molest full forwards who are unfortunate enough to be bigger and stronger than them. Cadogan was a prime example of this.

In fairness Lohan was badly caught that day in Limerick it was a wet day and Lohan didnt know anything about Webster and pulled him down a few time I think if he knew him he'd have let him off he would have messed it up some how, believe me I've seen him plenty and he barely makes he's club team (he's actually a very fine footballer) also Lohan was beginning to slip at that stage aswell twas the beginging of the end for one of the greats. Webster is basically a FF who doesnt score, hasnt great vision and doesnt distribute the ball very well - so i cant see how anyone thinks he should be on the Tipp team.

John O'Brien is a natural FF who plays most of he's club hurling there and has won MOM awards iin 3 county Finals playing FF - Johnno has grerat hands but what lets him down at the very top level of intercounty hurling is he's lack of genuine pace (the amount of times you see him blocked down) but on th eedge of the square pace is irellevant and imo he will really come into he's own there*

* They'll probably go and do something like switch himself and Lar Corbett from the throw in on sunday and make all that pointless :D

Webster is basically a FF who doesnt score, hasnt great vision and doesnt distribute the ball very well - so i cant see how anyone thinks he should be on the Tipp team.

Well it's hard to argue with you on that account, still I wouldn't write him off completely as a hurler. He's a great athlete with a very good hand for a ball and I think if refs treated him fairly he'd win crucial frees. If he worked at his game a bit he could be a key player, although I spose that is a bit irrelevant. Corbett is a great forward who combines lightening pace with a great shot off his shoulder going away from the goals making him very difficult to mark.

Back on topic, does anyone know what handicap the bookies are giving on this one? I've revised my opinion and I think Clare will genuinely rattle Tipp in this one. 4/1 are insane odds at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Clare +5 is 11/10. Tipp -5 is 3/5. Handicap draw is 11/1.

I think Tipp will win by about 4 points but I think thats a fair enough handicap given Clare's form coming into this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Hardly any talk on this game. Tipp to win it, but they wont hammer Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Who's that with Jamie O Connor on TV3 doing the generalising?

A Tipperary man doing the co-commentary. TV3's stupidity knows no bounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

tipp are looking class

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Clare seem to have lost it already in the first 10mins.. Tipp look very impressive..

Tipp 2-11 Clare 0-07 after 30 minutes. Noel McGrath has been immense so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Clare score goal with diarmuid mcmahon (kilmaley) the scorer just at the end of normal time in the first half. Half time score tipp- 2:11 clare -1:8.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭GymJim

Clare having their usual start of 2nd half dominance at moment. Noel McGrath just popped over another beauty there. End of period of dominance it would seem.

Ryan looks a handy player at left half forward for Clare. Dependable free taker also.

Tipp have taken their foot of the pedal for the 2nd match in a row. When they got that second goal they were outscored by Clare by 1-5 to 0-1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

3-14 to 1-12 now to Tipp.

Advertisement