Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just what O'Connell St needs - "Hanratty's open as an hostel for asylum seekers"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

what a ****ing knobend u are.

dublin beats any of the other **** 'cities' that ireland has, i mean i'd be thankful that anyone even wants to be in your city, let alone live in it. i mean limerick i actually went into it one day with a couple of the lads and we were like the state of this kip.

dublin is bigger, more diverse, more fun, better options, more open-minded, just everything, dublin isn't meant to be donegal, it looks and feel like a city and i'm so thankful to be from here. i'd probably kill myself if i was from your hellhole.

i would say limerick is always in dublins shadow but that would be giving limerick too much attention which frankly limerick does not warrant.

the way ur sounding off you'd think limerick was full of asylum seekers, lmao, i live in the part of dublin(and definetly ireland also) where the highest ammount of immigrants live.

well then it must be better........:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Jesus Christ, I can't believe some of the posts here (and I'm not talking about marko from dublin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭4tothefloor

dublin beats any of the other **** 'cities' that ireland has, i mean i'd be thankful that anyone even wants to be in your city, let alone live in it. i mean limerick i actually went into it one day with a couple of the lads and we were like the state of this kip.
    Dublin is a kip mate, don't delude yourself. Apart from certain areas in the city centre, it's a kip. The suburbs are up there with the worst in Europe. Limerick is no oil painting, but then again we're not supposed to be this leading European City. I could safely say that Dublin is the worst capital city in the EU, a true hole unless you're up there for (a) a match or (b) a pub crawl in which case you'd be suitably distracted not to notice what's going on around you.

Asylum seekers should be given a one way ticket because we simply can no longer afford them. And the last thing we need here in Limerick is a ghetto culture, which is what WILL develop like it does in every other country in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Interesting discussion,if one could call it that,but it is certainly for real that many HSE's ,in recent years, have dispersed their socially maladjusted,from cities and similarly built up large urban areas to relatively quiet,rural towns and villages.Result in the main:the spreading of the modern diseases of drug addiction and crime. It's not hilarious but seems so,our protecting authorities spreading infection, helping to to destroy what may have been reasonably healthy in a social sense .I'd welcome asylum seekers any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Well that's just great. Now O'Connell St will be populated with Mr. Liquorices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Berty wrote: »
    Look at the Eglinton hotel in Salthill Galway. I cannot believe the audasity of them to continue to have the word hotel above their door.

The former Sarsfield Hotel/Pier One is as bad, it still has what looks like a menu posted on the outside. When hotels like that are converted they should at least change the signage.

4tothefloor, I think you're being very harsh on Dublin. All big cities have virtual no-go areas, including the likes of London and Paris. As EU capitals go, I'd rank Bucharest as much worse than Dublin - the Lonely Planet guide to Romania devotes a good page or more to scams in that city alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Well that's just great. Now O'Connell St will be populated with Mr. Liquorices.

There is no place for racism here. permenent ban.

This thread is full of garbage

locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement