Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a skeptic. I want to know some personal paranormal experiences.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

i cant be bothered wasting 9 minutes of my life watching that vid because i already know where it's going.

By refusing to watch that video, you just shot yourself in the foot, for all to see.
    It's funny how u managed 2 come on here wit this thread basically sayin you were goin to be open minded about peoples paranormal experiences (that you have never had once),yet ur tune wasnt long changing

I have had many, MANY, experiences which you would label as paranormal. Everything you described has happened to me before (except for a ghost appearing in front of me) and I simply put it down to sheer coincidence/chance.

Simply put: in this unviverse, stuff happens.

The primate species known as homo sapien (that's me and you) has an extraordinary ability to recognize patterns, just as the cat (Felis catus) has an extraordinary ability to see in near dark. You're automatically finding a pattern in these experiences, and ascribing a god figure to them.
    i think you need to find yourself another thread/home for your silly little stories about creating a paranormal pantomine and scaring the hell out of naive kids,because that talent of yours for drama isnt relevant or useful here.
    It is very relevant. These people were convinced that the house was possessed. Unbeknownst to them, there was a perfectly logical explanation to it all. Could there be a perfectly logical explanation for your experiences, unbeknownst to you?
    Erm... nobody ASKED you to "believe" in this... um... 'stuff'! In fact, I don't think anybody cares whether or not some cyber signore they've never met (and will never meet) BeLiEvEs
    And I don't care if you don't care if I believe in this stuff or not. (does that make sense?) I started a thread. I asked questions. I non-forcibly give my opinion. You get cranky. Whoop-dee-doo. I'll leave my questoons and opinions out of it if this thread goes any further.
    Tbh, Im here years, and Ive been there, said it all before. Dont want to be a stuck record. Particularly with someone who wont believe me anyway. tongue.gif
    By the way oryx, I never asked to be convinced. I just wanted to hear stories that made people believe in spirits/ghosts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Overblood wrote: »
    By refusing to watch that video, you just shot yourself in the foot, for all to see.

I have had many, MANY, experiences which you would label as paranormal. Everything you described has happened to me before (except for a ghost appearing in front of me) and I simply put it down to sheer coincidence/chance.

Simply put: in this unviverse, stuff happens.

The primate species known as homo sapien (that's me and you) has an extraordinary ability to recognize patterns, just as the cat (Felis catus) has an extraordinary ability to see in near dark. You're automatically finding a pattern in these experiences, and ascribing a god figure to them.

It is very relevant. These people were convinced that the house was possessed. Unbeknownst to them, there was a perfectly logical explanation to it all. Could there be a perfectly logical explanation for your experiences, unbeknownst to you?

And I don't care if you don't care if I believe in this stuff or not. (does that make sense?) I started a thread. I asked questions. I non-forcibly give my opinion. You (OB) get(s) cranky. Whoop-dee-doo. I'll leave my questoons and opinions out of it if this thread goes any further.

By the way oryx, I never asked to be convinced. I just wanted to hear stories that made people believe in spirits/ghosts etc.

yawn-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Oryx wrote: »
    TaxiManMartin please be careful not to stray into inferring anything about the mental status of posters here.

Fair enough. I understand people dont want their beliefs questioned, especially when they cant prove things they say happened to them. They just need to believe.

Would you not agree though that to prove that what supernatural phenomena you saw or experienced is real, you must prove that you didnt imagine it first? The weight of reason and probability is stacked against them isnt it.

Looks to me that too many people here are willing to take others words without question.

Id love to turn up at a "Hunt", plant some evidence, and see how willingly all these people get taken in, just to prove to them that they can be tricked.

Anyone else on for doing this, pm me. Just to show it can be done well enough for others to believe its real.

yawn-1.jpg

straight_jacket_cotton_webbing.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NedNew

Fair enough. I understand people dont want their beliefs questioned, especially when they cant prove things they say happened to them. They just need to believe.

Would you not agree though that to prove that what supernatural phenomena you saw or experienced is real, you must prove that you didnt imagine it first? The weight of reason and probability is stacked against them isnt it.

Looks to me that too many people here are willing to take others words without question.

Id love to turn up at a "Hunt", plant some evidence, and see how willingly all these people get taken in, just to prove to them that they can be tricked.

Anyone else on for doing this, pm me. Just to show it can be done well enough for others to believe its real.

Well TaxiManMartin, I've always been curious about this too. I'll be on for it, just as an experiment to see if people are willing to believe it - even though it will be a set up.

• Advertisement

Are you proposing to rig the next PIG outing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I feel sorry for the person who even tries it with the PIGs.

6th wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the person who even tries it with the PIGs.

Why?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think this thread has gone beyond the scope of this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement