Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Predictions

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Liam O wrote: »
    yeah my teacher was very good. Cut down the course so we've basically been studying the same stuff since before the mocks. Should be ok. Need to look back over the multiplier because I messed that up in the mocks and it's easy marks.
    We've covered the whole course about 3/4 times in full! Yet he refused to give any sort of predictions; Just "that could come up!" to everything.. <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MrPirate wrote: »
    We've covered the whole course about 3/4 times in full! Yet he refused to give any sort of predictions; Just "that could come up!" to everything.. <_<

really? We went through most of it but when 6th year started there was complete prioritisation given to imperfect comp, capital etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Does anyone else think it's going to be really hard? I have a feeling they're going to as horrible stuff! and I'm having a little uhoh I'm going to do crap moment. only looking at my book now for the first time in well over a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Does anyone else think it's going to be really hard? I have a feeling they're going to as horrible stuff! and I'm having a little uhoh I'm going to do crap moment. only looking at my book now for the first time in well over a month

Yeah it's either gonna be really hard or quite an easy paper. I've gotten to a point where i couldnt care less anymore, and have decided to focus on Demand, Supply, Elasticity and Imperfect competition because thats bound to be two questions there

My Predictions for tomorrow, lets hope i get them spot on like Accounting

1. Demand and Possibly Diminshing Marginal Utility
    2. Imperfect competition with a comparison between it and Monoploy and Perfect competition
    3. Elasticity
    4. Capital as a FOP, maybe with a combination of Land
    5. National Income
    6. International Trade
    7. The Government - Monetary and Recession
    8. Current Affairs ie employment, inflation banks create credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Yeah it's either gonna be really hard or quite an easy paper. I've gotten to a point where i couldnt care less anymore, and have decided to focus on Demand, Supply, Elasticity and Imperfect competition because thats bound to be two questions there

My Predictions for tomorrow, lets hope i get them spot on like Accounting

1. Demand and Possibly Diminshing Marginal Utility
    2. Imperfect competition with a comparison between it and Monoploy and Perfect competition
    3. Elasticity
    4. Capital as a FOP, maybe with a combination of Land
    5. National Income
    6. International Trade
    7. The Government - Monetary and Recession
    8. Current Affairs ie employment, inflation banks create credit.

I can only pray your predictions are right :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 CallMeDoctor

i thought dat was a nice exam. I got 88 % in the mocks but reli needed the A1 this time.
    Q1. I thought it was good but was a bit indecisive between PED for pertol and YED for meat ..
    Did anyone say -0.1 for PED for petrol?
    (c)....Anyone get 80000 sales ??
    Q2. Really easy did ye agree wit part C?
    Q3. Brillant .
    Q5. Bit of waffle but anyone get 1.11 for multiplier?

Funnily enuf i taut the short questions were the hardest part of the exam!!!eek.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

i thought dat was a nice exam. I got 88 % in the mocks but reli needed the A1 this time.
    Q1. I thought it was good but was a bit indecisive between PED for pertol and YED for meat ..
    Did anyone say -0.1 for PED for petrol?
    (c)....Anyone get 80000 sales ??
    Q2. Really easy did ye agree wit part C?
    Q3. Brillant .

Funnily enuf i taut the short questions were the hardest part of the exam!!!eek.gif

-0.1 was definitely petrol. -1.6 Meat, and +4.3 iphones
    Ya i got 80000 sales, seemed too easy though, i did it in 30 seconds, with an explanations and workings
    Ya i agreed with C - Price Wars, Brand Proliferation, Competitive Advertising as reasons
    I did Q4, messed me up but ill get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

wahheyyy I think I got those elasticites right. I was bit worried in the exam cos there was a lot of marks going for them and they're a bit hit and miss, you could end up with no marks!

I disagreed with the market structure too, can't believe I didn't think of enough reason, I think I only had 3 and one of them was a stupid one

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pixiesticks

Q1.Did anyone say -0.1 for PED for petrol?
    (c)....Anyone get 80000 sales ??.
    I got 80000 sales and 1.11 multiplier and -0.1 for petrol =D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

I got 80000 sales and 1.11 multiplier and -0.1 for petrol =D

I've a feeling i got 20000 sales and I'm not sure why..:eek:

I got others :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 CallMeDoctor

I've a feeling i got 20000 sales and I'm not sure why..:eek:

I got others :)

Ya 20000 is rite for the fall in sales and den u jus minus it from 100000 :pac:

Advertisement