Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

C_5dEmAXYAEqC3I.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

joeguevara wrote: »
    Now that we have finished second and a good few teams supporters may be coming here to troll (as has happened and one of the Spurs contributors was banned from the soccer forum because he called someone out on it) would it be something that the charter be reviewed? I have no problem with a bit of banter but someone posting here (from another team) just to get a rise takes away from the enjoyment of this forum in my opinion. I never post in the soccer forum because of the bitchiness and trolling and the great thing here is the comraderie and (most of the time) team spirit. But I have noticed people coming in being a d1ck on purpose. Opinions?

And how would you 'vet' someone before they come on the Spurs page ?
    Its not a "Subscriber Area" , is it ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

greenspurs wrote: »
    And how would you 'vet' someone before they come on the Spurs page ?
    Its not a "Subscriber Area" , is it ?

No, but it made known that people who come in being a d1ck, and purposefully insulting spurs are not welcome. Nothing wrong with banter, or discussing games with opposing fans etc. but it definitely should not go down the way of the main soccer forum.And its creeping in, people coming in slagging spurs etc.

No, but it made known that people who come in being a d1ck, and purposefully insulting spurs are not welcome. Nothing wrong with banter, or discussing games with opposing fans etc. but it definitely should not go down the way of the main soccer forum.And its creeping in, people coming in slagging spurs etc.

Leave em come ! Arent we well used to it ? :D
    Bitter basT**ds everywhere now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Now that we have finished second and a good few teams supporters may be coming here to troll (as has happened and one of the Spurs contributors was banned from the soccer forum because he called someone out on it) would it be something that the charter be reviewed? I have no problem with a bit of banter but someone posting here (from another team) just to get a rise takes away from the enjoyment of this forum in my opinion. I never post in the soccer forum because of the bitchiness and trolling and the great thing here is the comraderie and (most of the time) team spirit. But I have noticed people coming in being a d1ck on purpose. Opinions?

I think I might be the contributor you are referring to. Personally I don't think there is any point in having any more rules when the Mods pick and choose when they are going to observe the rules anyway. Whenever the Chelsea Mod comes on here to take the piss and is called out on it he says the rules on our forum aren't the same as on the main forum and you can say what you like. Yet I got a two week ban for referring, on our forum, to a Chelsea player as a Simpsons character (a reference I saw a Chelsea fan make on the main forum also).

What kicked it off though was a Mod referring to Spurs as chokers in the main forum which apparently is not provocative when a Mod says it. I replied that she clearly hadn't a clue what she was talking about and I asked what she was a Mod of and offered to explain the offside rule. This provoked all sorts of hilarious outrage in the main forum and so I retreated back here to try and discuss the match in sensible terms. Unfortunately I started my post by referring to lobbing a hand grenade in the main forum and then I had mods queuing up to ban me for deliberate trolling!

My advice is just ignore the Mods when they come trolling or else have a go and take a couple of weeks off. I finally located the ignore button recently, which is a great help. The only change I could suggest that would be of some benefit would be to make the ignore button more prominent - maybe put it with the 'quote', 'reply' etc icons?

• Advertisement

ahh yes... Those that cant be challenged......
    :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Most of what is said by non fans here is no worse then what is said in the main forum during match day threads. It's mostly banter, which we aren't as familiar with in here due to being seperate from the main forum. We should be able to handle anything that has been said in the last few weeks, especially as most of the posters would kill to have our team and manager right now.

Once people aren't being insulting (which will result in a warning or ban), i think we need to just have thicker skin and roll with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Its on multiple news sites , im only posting what i read !
    That IS allowed isnt it ? :confused:

i aint having a pop at you, its the rubbish these lads in media spout, especially about spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭golfball37

Don't see a problem with it. Football would be boring if we all agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Most people come on here and chat because, generally, it is Spurs fans only. If non-Spurs come on and start trying to troll then they should be ignored. They will soon disappear when they don't get a rise.

I know it's easier said and done. Though you came to this forum to chat to other Spurs fans, so stick by your guns and don't chat to users you don't recognise - typically my rule of thumb.

Trippier and Walker both out for tomorrow nights game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dier to right back i guess.

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Is it me or is it a bit odd for someone so young to be having so much trouble with their hips? What next? A zimmer frame for the lad?
    Trippier and Walker both out for tomorrow nights game.

In my opinion he should play as many of the kids and reserves as possible. Surely Janssen and Sissoko have to start?

Is it me or is it a bit odd for someone so young to be having so much trouble with their hips? What next? A zimmer frame for the lad?

In my opinion he should play as many of the kids and reserves as possible. Surely Janssen and Sissoko have to start?

I wanna beat Leicester bad. Finish strong, not fizzle out. Sissoko hasn't done anything of worth to start. I'm amazed he makes the bench. Must be a savage in training?

Understand where your coming from though. In years gone by I'd have agreed.

Silly rumors quashed - Pochettino: "I will stay here, do not worry. On the third of July for pre-season you will see. I will stay here."

DAB5aIkXkAAdF0X.jpg

Silly rumors quashed - Pochettino: "I will stay here, do not worry. On the third of July for pre-season you will see. I will stay here."

DAB5aIkXkAAdF0X.jpg

Source ?

I hope its not Sky Sports..... as someone asked when i mentioned Poch the other day ..... ;):rolleyes:

Source ?

I hope its not Sky Sports..... as someone asked when i mentioned Poch the other day ..... ;):rolleyes:

Currently doing a presser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

So a back 3 again?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

Barcelona have been linked with a move for Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko, but AC Milan and Real Madrid are also interested in the 27-year-old France international. (Don Balon - in Spanish)

Me bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Barcelona have been linked with a move for Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko, but AC Milan and Real Madrid are also interested in the 27-year-old France international. (Don Balon - in Spanish)

Me bollocks.

LOL. You gotta love these agents

Lol Paulinho to Bayern Munich and Sissoko to Barcelona!! :D I should have pursued journalism as a career.....just make random ****e up all day!

Me bollocks.

JAYSUS ..... :eek::eek::eek:
    They looking for a water bottle carrier ?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭joeguevara

The season ticket thread asking about tickets reminded me of a story that I almost forgotten....firstly you have to understand my love of Tottenham resonates from the fact that my father was a Spurs supporter and brought my mother on their first date to White Hart Lane..but anyways....he brought me over to watch Spurs play Sheffield Wednesday in Hillsborough (and we brought my two welsh cousins arsenal and Liverpool fans to the game). As the game was in hillsborough and we didn't have Spurs tickets we had to pretend we were Wednesday fans...no problem at all as we had Irish and Welsh accents. Ginola was our star player and he was majestically running up and down the wing like a wizard but we had to inwardly congratulate him.

But the biggest problem was Di Canio. What a player...absolute brilliant...but a Wednesday player...remember Spurs supporters in the middle of Sheffield fans..they were chaniting D.I.C.A.N.I.O to the tune of D.I.S.C.O until all of a sudden he went on a run on the wing. Ginola tackled him (brilliant tackle but a bit hefty)... di canio dived like tom Daley....ref gave yellow car, no problem, me and my cousins accepted it and muttered under our breath and thought that was the end of it...BUT OH FCUKING NO!!!

All of a sudden, my father jumps up and with his Donegal accent forgets himself...the ground is silent because they were worried that Di Canio wa going to get a red, for diving because he was already on a yellow....all that could be heard in a Donegal accent was" GET UP YA GUINEA BATSADR, YOUVE BEEN A DIVER ALL YOUR LIFE, YOUR GRANDFATHER RAN OUT OF THE WAR BECAUSE HE WAS A DAGO GUINAE FCUK AND YOU COULDNT LICK GINOLAS BOOTS". Then he sat down but realised that we weren't in the home section...literally every Wednesday fan was looking at us with disgust...all of a sudden 4 burly security guards asked us to leave before there was a riot....

Next installation is when I was in the disabled section in WHL playing Southampton when Sherimingham scored a last minute penalty when the away fans started throwing coins at the guys in the wheelchairs and I was the only one who was able to hobble away! God I love the Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/17/tottenham-cannot-compete-premier-league-rivals-transfer-market/

Tottenham are taking a keen interest in Ajax duo Davy Klaassen, who plays as an attacking midfielder, and versatile defender Joel Veltman, whose contract expires in 12 months.

Looks like Levy type deals and I hope we secure the services of Dolberg as well. I will asks inforun who knows the Dutch league inside out.

Spurs have also scouted 21-year-old Sampdoria striker Patrik Schick, who has won three international caps for Czech Republic.

Speaking to the club website, Kane hailed Trippier's contribution.

He said: "“His delivery is unbelievable, he gets into great positions and as a striker, that's perfect.

"I just have to get myself into the box, make the runs and he'll put the ball where I want it.”

Kieran Trippier has officially received his first ever senior international call up with England.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Kieran Trippier has officially received his first ever senior international call up with England.

Well deserved but the down side is it might hasten the exit for Walker who is also in the English squad. I already posted in another thread that it is not realistic to expect the two best right backs in England to stay at Spurs and play second fiddle every second week when they are much in demand at clubs where the wages are twice or three times higher.

Ideally we can offload Walker to Bayern and get a good solid replacement who will be content with League Cup and the occasional PL match much like Davies with Rose on the other side.

If Bayern aren't biting and City or Utd come calling I hope they remember to bring the Vaseline. Walker is contracted until 2021 and he won't be going anywhere until Levy is happy to let him go.

• Advertisement

That's a lengthy contract. He may have a buyout clause? Levy must love this time of year.

Sounds like Trippier is grounded, previous interview.

There is little sense of rivalry between the pair. They have been good friends ever since they played for the same England team at the European Under-19 Championship in Ukraine in the summer of 2009.

Were really good mates Trippier explains. We played together for England, and I've played against him many times too. If I'm playing, if he's playing, were always encouraging each other. It's not rivalry. We want to do what is best for the team and the club. Whoever is called upon will give 100 per cent, like he's been doing when he plays, and hopefully I've shown everyone that I have.

It's a demanding role, being played as wingers. But ya, something has to give.

Advertisement