Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftershave

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Ah lads,whats with the old spice love?

Next you will be telling him to wear Brut.:eek:

Have I become metro sexualised and not realised it????

Don't ever, evar, EVAR diss Old Spice.

You are forgetting about the BGRH Holy Trinity of scented fragrances - Old Spice, Hai Karate and Brut.

And on special occasions, Blue Stratos.

A true BGRH brother will wearing nothing less.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,025 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Tom Dunne wrote: »

fixed that for ya!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

.... your best bet is to go with an Eau de Toillette (EDT). It'll have the best smell. Lastly, I normally wear Boss by Hugo Boss or on big nights out/dinners etc Chanel Allure Homme. And the posters above are right too, Farenheit is a winner!

The ladies love a fine smelling man!:D

Ok, I call for a punishment of "public flogging"!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Don't ever, evar, EVAR diss Old Spice.

You are forgetting about the BGRH Holy Trinity of scented fragrances - Old Spice, Hai Karate and Brut.

And on special occasions, Blue Stratos.

Im a n00b here.Apologies.:(

****goes to stand in corner and think about what Ive done****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

forget them smelly girlie aftershave's heres what a real man needs to be wearing....

wd_40.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You're meant to put it on your face? :eek: I thought it was a treat - something to drink after shaving.

Anyway, BRUT tastes the nicest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

heres my aftershave adn eau de toilette application tip. dont rub it on your cheeks/face after shaving or any other time. most contain alcohol and will dry out your skin, a big no no after running a blade all over your face stripping the moisture away.

also girls prob dont like kissing a face that tastes like old spice. what u need to do is apply on the back of your neck, in the middle area above your collar bone and behind your ears. body heat will release the fragrance over time. you can also put it on your wrists.

i think most of the summer fragrances are alcohol free, u dont wanna put it on your neck if its got alcohol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

The sister has gotten into the habit of gifting me with aftershave for every possible celebration, so it looks like I'm only short of having Sex Panther at this stage.

Never really got the difference between apres savage (is that aftershave yeah?), parfum and eau de toilette. Ok, so EDT is more watered down than parfum (judging by the prices) but what's up with the aftershave? Heard a myth it was kinder on your skin but I reckon that's bollox.

There's always that aul gem that women love the smell of fresh perspiration off a man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Sex Panther by Odeon
    It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way ;)
    60% of the time it works, every time. Can't go wrong with that!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

32456422.jpg
    Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Twas also said many times previously.

Frada why are you looking for this advice from the sage's at 21? You should be well on your way now.

Ah I remember fondly one Christmas morning when I had shaved the bumfluff from my face (used the older bro's razor) the previous night (Age 14).

We were just about to leave the house to do the visting when the aul lad looked at me and said "What's that cut on your neck?"

"Er, it's from a scratch" says I, embarrassed and conflustered.
    "B0llox" he retorts, "It's a shaving nick, we'll put you on the shopping list so".

I felt a made man that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

That happened to me when I was about 9 I think. I had a hitler tash and the aul lady says "bout time that got shaved off". The aul fella says "no, he's too young to be shavin". Anyway, she told me to go shave it off without tellin him and ignore him. 20+ years later and I've a beard growth rate that isn't comparable to any living object... if I was arsed about keeping the stubble off me face I'd have to shave twice a day.

All I can say is don't listen to yer ma.

I'm so on topic here. What were we talking about again?

Oh yeah. Aftershave. About 2 buckets of old spice around the groin region should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Aftershave. About 2 buckets of old spice around the groin region should do the trick.

And those troublesome crabs will be a thing of the past :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

notGill wrote: »
    No, what you want is a bottle of Ralph Lauren Polo Blue ;)

Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about.

Advertisement