Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aftershave

Options
  • 13-06-2009 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads, I'm a newbie in this forum so please go easy on me. Also mods, apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm going out later tonight and am considering applying aftershave after...uh..shaving. So how is it done properly? How much is too much? Am I too young (21) to be throwing that stuff on in the first place? Do tell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Ah, bless ... they grow up so fast these days :D

Depends entirely on the aftershave, though as a rule of thumb, too much is never enough.

Drakar Noir == a thimbleful, applied with 5 slaps per cheek.
    Old Spice == stop when the fumes make you light-headed, or puddles form on the floor.

That's pretty much all you need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

trout wrote: »
    That's pretty much all you need to know.

So the "less is more" rule doesn't apply when I'm using what I suspect will be coloured water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Don't douse yourself in it, I like to get a nice scent off a guy but I don't wanna choke on it either!
    You can always put a bit on your jacket (check it doesn't do damage) and then the scent lasts a bit longer :)

So the "less is more" rule doesn't apply when I'm using what I suspect will be coloured water?

Name and shame, name and shame.

Name and shame, name and shame.

There are two bottles in the bathroom. Aldi's finest "Excite: For Men" aftershave and a bottle labelled "Woodspice" which Google doesn't recognise.

• Advertisement

Well, no-one can tell you what to do ... you're a grown man and you can do whatever you want.

Personally ... I'd go with the Woodspice. Plenty of it.

Well, no-one can tell you what to do ... you're a grown man and you can do whatever you want.

Noted.

Excellent. I'll be swimming in the stuff later. Thanks trout!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

What happened to yore Hai-Karate?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Splash of Old Spice young fella, cant beat it, not even with a hammer. It will have the women falling at your feet. Also if your a bit short on cash then ya can have the odd swig of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,021 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Right lads, I'm a newbie in this forum so please go easy on me. Also mods, apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm going out later tonight and am considering applying aftershave after...uh..shaving. So how is it done properly? How much is too much? Am I too young (21) to be throwing that stuff on in the first place? Do tell.

Applying cosmetics is sooo wrong. A man should smell of man, not of the waste drains from the Chanel factory.
    And I'm suprised at the rest of ye, encouraging the poor chap like that.

FAP forum thattaway >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Ahh, Ye Old Spice, just bought a bottle of it meself. Hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Buy something decent and go with that!!! Armani ftw

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Pfft, Old Spice is so feckin' downmarket. Blue Stratos is what a sophisticated man who wants the wimmins swooning at his feet will wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Zaph wrote: »
    Pfft, Old Spice is so feckin' downmarket. Blue Stratos is what a sophisticated man who wants the wimmins swooning at his feet will wear.

Zaph, are you stuck in the 80's :eek::eek::confused:

I thought Blue Stratos went out with Knight Rider, and the such like.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

No, what you want is a bottle of Ralph Lauren Polo Blue ;)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Ahh, Ye Old Spice, just bought a bottle of it meself. Hard to beat.
    Not particularly. Fahreinheit by Christian Dior is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. oh dear god. :o I also prefere parfume on men then aftershave. but then again. no one was asking me! LOL :D

ChewChew wrote: »
    Not particularly. Fahreinheit by Christian Dior is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. oh dear god. :o I also prefere parfume on men then aftershave. but then again. no one was asking me! LOL :D
    Eh Chewie, this is BGRH. If we could get eau d'lard, it would rawk. :cool:

smashey wrote: »
    Eh Chewie, this is BGRH. If we could get eau d'lard, it would rawk. :cool:
    I'm just offering a simple little opinion m'dear. Dont panic. I'm not going all soft. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

3626027889_ed5ed51ded_o.jpg

No more mincing about young lad - go for broke with this quality item!

If that doesn't work for you (or you start getting looks from men), move onto the next venue!!

I'm just offering a simple little opinion m'dear. Dont panic. I'm not going all soft. :rolleyes:
    Shurrup or no more buttons for you. :p
    mrmac wrote: »
    3626027889_ed5ed51ded_o.jpg

No more mincing about young lad - go for broke with this quality item!

If that doesn't work for you (or you start getting looks from men), move onto the next venue!!
    Men would be sniffing around? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Men would be sniffing around? :eek:

Worrying, I know - dangerous times we live in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ah lads,whats with the old spice love?

Next you will be telling him to wear Brut.:eek:

Have I become metro sexualised and not realised it????

Shurrup or no more buttons for you. :p
    dont have me kick you where it hurts!
    nedtheshed wrote: »
    Ah lads,whats with the old spice love?

Next you will be telling him to wear Brut.:eek:

Have I become metro sexualised and not realised it????
    Its a sign of the times. the golden oldies refuse to move on and accept the changes to the ways of fragrancing the body. Whereas the younger men are more inclined to try something new. And not want to smell like their fathers/uncles/grandfathers/priests. Whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Its a sign of the times. the golden oldies refuse to move on and accept the changes to the ways of fragrancing the body. Whereas the younger men are more inclined to try something new. And not want to smell like their fathers/uncles/grandfathers/priests. Whatever.

Hmmm,my younger brother(hes 28) is a big fan of mould spice.

I havent used it since I was about 18 because it does remind me of my grandfather.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Hmmm,my younger brother(hes 28) is a big fan of mould spice.

I havent used it since I was about 18 because it does remind me of my grandfather.
    I think you need to have a chat with the younger brother. tell him farheinheit is the way to go. :D I'm a little obsessed with it :o

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

26120738.jpg

Enough Said.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,021 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Its a sign of the times. the golden oldies refuse to move on and accept the changes to the ways of fragrancing the body.

Because our temples bodies are already fragranced with the sweet fragrance of real man!!
    Whereas the younger men are more inclined to try something new. And not want to smell like their fathers/uncles/grandfathers/priests. Whatever.

Young boys these days, so rash, so metro!

Oh and the priests bit, :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Gaspode wrote: »
    Because our temples bodies are already fragranced with the sweet fragrance of real man!!

Carefull how you phrase things.;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just be careful with Joop. You may hear stories about it containing "pheromones" which will drive teh wimmins crazy for you, but too much also has a horrible side effect.

One night I decided to throw on some Joop as I was in a rush to get started drinking. I used a small bit more aftershave than usual in my hurry and first noticed its power when the taxi driver started saying how nice it was. Later in the night, I was standing at the club, counting change for my next drinks when I glanced up...and in horror realised that I was now in the epicentre of a metrosexual gathering. Their delicate feminine like noses had smelled the aftershave, and had caused them to gather around me, expecting some conversation about €200 haircuts from the lovely scented man.

My breathing became heavy. My palms started sweating and with every second that passed, I could feel the manliness inside screaming in a little voice "You must fight your way out in true man style". I calmly pushed the change into my pocket, keeping my ass slightly angled away from the gathering pansies. With one last deep breath, I raised my arms, started to walk towards the door and started swinging all around me.

When the terrified bouncers finally dragged me to the front door of the club, I could see the fear but also a manly respect in their eyes.

"You've had enough tonight buddy" they gently whispered.

I looked behind me..not a full turn around head glance, but a manly glance none the less.

"Until the world is metro free, it will never be enough" I rasped in a deep testosterone tone.

And with that, I held my head up in an alpha male stance, and slowly walked away, throwing the locks of highlighted hair which has clumped between my bloody fists and a patch off a mickey mouse manbag into the bin as I went. And since that night I have never wore Joop again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

First off too much is definitely something to avoid. I give two sprays, one to either side of my lower neck and then a third on the chest. Never on the face because its brutal for your skin and you'll be smelt 2 miles away:D And whilst they everybody calls them aftershaves, your best bet is to go with an Eau de Toillette (EDT). It'll have the best smell. Lastly, I normally wear Boss by Hugo Boss or on big nights out/dinners etc Chanel Allure Homme. And the posters above are right too, Farenheit is a winner!

The ladies love a fine smelling man!:D

Advertisement