Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much time is too much time????

Options
2»

Comments

I take an hour max, I would have my tan done the day before and I would ALWAYS know what I'm wearing well before I start getting ready, so in and out of the shower, hair washed and dried and straightened (when required) in 40mins max - make up 10 mins - dressed - 2 mins. And I would never bring make up out with me on a night out, once it's on that's me for the night!

I'm going to a wedding friday week. I'm finished work at 12, getting my hair done at 12.15 - home by 1, dress on, make up on, loads of time to get to church for 2!!!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Probably about 20 minutes for me - similar to the average guy! I don't wear make-up, nail polish or fake tan so that's a huge amount of time saved for me. My hair doesn't take long to do either, I have very short hair in a low-maintenance style.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love to take my time getting ready, I enjoy it! It takes me about an hour and a half, including shower, hair, make up and outfit. Don't wear tan, rarely paint my nails.

However, if I'm in a rush, I can be ready in half an hour. Instead of a full made up face, I'll put on moisturiser, primer and concealer, and do the rest on the bus :P Hair just needs mousse and a blast of the hairdryer.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If I'm going out on a night out it takes me maximum 45 minutes to get ready.

That includes the shower, full face of slap, trying of clothes to see what fits (yes I know) and discarding what doesn't on the chair, and brushing my hair. I'd rarely dry it as it dries the same either way.

Usually takes me about a half hour though and sometimes I'm even ready before my husband!

I guess I have dexterous hands so I never have to redo the makeup, and I only wear about 4 different eyeshadow combinations ever so I pretty much know what I'm doing with that before I start. Not a fake tan person either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

After years of clothes crisis problems I've masteded the art of getting ready.

I plan the outfit in advance and try it on. That's when I find the correct bra, Spanx if required, the correct stockings/tights, shoes, jewellery,handbag. That way the clothes are sorted in 5 minutes. I wear dresses usually which cuts down on co-ordination problems.

I don't do fake tan but will make sure all hair removal and nail painting is done in advance as well.

Then all that's required is hair and make-up. The make-up only takes 10 minutes, eyeliner being the slowest part. I've been practicing for years so I'm faster than some of the younger ladies would be. I don't experiment much with make-up either but I try different colours at the make up counters when I shop for make-up.

My hair is long and thick but I have that down to 40 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Going out routine:
    1: Gin & Tonic while I decide what to wear. 20 mins.
    2: Iron & starch chosen shirt. 10 min.
    3: Check suit and stream if required 5 to 10 mins.
    4: Spit polish shoes. 20 mins.
    5: Shower and hair. 5 mins.
    6: Shave (x2 for close shave). 30 mins.
    7: Comb & trim beard & moustache. 5 mins.
    8: Apply moustache wax and shape. 10 mins.
    9: Gin & Tonic. 20 mins.
    10: Apply body unguents and deodorants 2 mins.
    11: Dress, 20 mins.
    12: Find the right cufflinks. 10 mins. :o
    13: Adjust moustache into the final desired shape. 3 mins.
    14: Polish & put on the 'Going out' glasses and final adjustment of necktie. 5 mins.
    14: Gin & Gin & tonic. Until taxi arives.

Approx 190 minutes. Easy. And I'm STILL quicker then Mrs Goat. :)

Edit: obviously the gins have affected my ability to count by the time the taxi arives.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Love this bit :D replace gin and tonic with vodka and red bull for me
    OldGoat wrote: »
    14: Gin & Gin & tonic. Until taxi arives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Wow! Some people take aaaages!
    I can get ready very fast. Usually when I'm going out I'm finished work at about 10.30 so I've gotten used to getting ready fast.

I can have a shower, wash my hair, get dressed, dry and straighten my hair, put on make up..in half an hour. Don't wear fake-tan. It just looks ridiculous on me. Or nail varnish, not allowed because I work around food. Speedy speedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Im about an hour and a half aswel. I usally try to have the wear off tan put on the night before. then shower, hair, nails and make up takes an hour to an hour and a half. Hate rushing when getting ready tho, Il make a mess of something cuz im flustered.
    If im going out for 9 il start getting ready at 7 or half past. And sur with a glass of wine aswell to start me off :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

I think spending time getting ready is part of the fun of a night out, while im getting ready i stick on music for a warmup.
    I enjoy the whole process of getting ready because normally in my everyday life its a quick dash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Depends what kind of night out and what I'm wearing. I would put on Sally Hansen tan for a proper night out, and if I'm wearing a dress that would involve doing my legs too. At most that would take 15 minutes. Then make up would take anouther 10. If I'm having a shower and washing my hair that would take about 45 minutes, for the shower and to get the hair dry and somewhat straight. Run the straightner over it would be about 10 minutes. I don't include the time it takes to pick an outfit, because I usually do that during the day (I can't not think about the night ahead when I know I'm going out)

If I'm in a rush and not washing hair I can be ready in about 10 minutes, and just do my makeup on the bus (a trick every girl should master)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

If going to work I always know what I'm wearing in advance, so shower/eyeliner/mascara/quick brush of hair is about 30 mins start to finish. If going out however :D I can in theory be ready in 20 mins, but generally take an hour, but agree with a previous poster, I'm always on time for events, and that's what counts!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

Im usually an hour and a half!!!thats including shower, tanning, hair, make up and nails. Sometimes it stretches to 2 hours but thats if im taking my time!! Nothing beats taking ages to get ready though for a nite out with a bit of a pamper session includes.....face mask, really long shower, bit of a pedicure :D But i have been known to get ready in 30 minutes if its a frantic last minute decision!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Usually an hour, includes shower, hair dried and styled, tan make up and getting dressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I find some of the posts funny (no disrespect meant). It just goes to show how different girls/women can be!!!
    Personally, I would find getting ready that long boring. I could find nothing more boring than giving myself a pedicure! Each to their own. Im sure there are lots of things I do ye might find boring. I am regimental in tweezing eye brows. I hate hate hate having ungroomed eyebrows. I spend at least one evening a week tweezing them for about 30mins. I find hair grows superfast.

I am fairly sure too, that by the sounds of it, most of you guys would look alot more groomed than me! Grooming for me is washing my hair twice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

dellas1979 wrote: »
    I spend at least one evening a week tweezing them for about 30mins.
    :DJaysus! Id be hard pushed at doin 5 mins for tweezing! Each to their own i s'pose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

anniehoo wrote: »
    :DJaysus! Id be hard pushed at doin 5 mins for tweezing! Each to their own i s'pose!

I tend to to be economical with the tweezers , as much as is needed . never let my eyebrows get outa hand though . keep shape /definition. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I usually don't take much time to get ready. It bores me. I shower in 10 minutes. My hair is thick but short so I put a bit of serum in it and let it dry naturally into curls which doesn't take long at all. Getting dressed takes a minute at most. Make up takes 5 minutes at most. I spend the rest of the time being entertained by my friends who usually spend an hour trying on clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

I take an hour max, I would have my tan done the day before and I would ALWAYS know what I'm wearing well before I start getting ready, so in and out of the shower, hair washed and dried and straightened (when required) in 40mins max - make up 10 mins - dressed - 2 mins. And I would never bring make up out with me on a night out, once it's on that's me for the night!

I'm going to a wedding friday week. I'm finished work at 12, getting my hair done at 12.15 - home by 1, dress on, make up on, loads of time to get to church for 2!!!!

That'd be me I'd need to have my tan done the day before as i never use the instant stuff apart from maybe a top up of sally I couldn't imagine taking longer than 45 mins ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I take about an hour or hour and a half. Don't use fake tan often. If I do I only use very small amount and don't look orange. There are skin care and make up products that contain little or no harmful substances. I try to use these. Going out with out make up is not an option for me are I have problem skin (Rosacea).

• Advertisement
Advertisement