Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muggings in Dublin 8

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Aye.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Whereabouts in Dublin 8, might I ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Lady Luck wrote: »
    I was so shaken for it that I do not see myself going out at night for the forseeable future.
    That's the real impact of mugging... the fear and paranoia (and in my case anger) it leaves you with.
    You hear about victims of burglary talking about how they no longer feel safe in their own homes... it's a similar deal.
    I'd like to see mugging treated as a far more serious crime... it's not just theft... it's not even the assault... it's a completely head-fúcking betrayal of trust in strangers and the feeling that any stranger could be your next mugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,915 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And you arent even allowed a bit of pepper spray to defend yourself with, which I think its a sad joke.

So unless youre a boxer or a Tae Kwon Do instructor the guy on top is always going to be the scumbag illegally carrying the gun/knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I've had somebody break into my house while I was in it and chased them back out, but I can honestly say it doesn't bother me now. Doesn't cost me a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Where are you The_Citizen? WHERE ARE YOU??

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Like he is gonna tell.
    Are you trying to infiltrate his whereabouts?

/why :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Like he is gonna tell.
    Are you trying to infiltrate his whereabouts?

/why :cool:

I spent 4 hours on my roof with a torch shining his name for nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I would also like to know where...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Buy a gun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Has anybody experienced a mugging in Dublin 8? I used to consider where I live quite safe. But yesterday I was mugged and beaten. Thankfully they only stole my handbag with 50 euros, makeup and my camera in it (my phone was dead so I had it charging in my house). They bruised me too though. I have a bruise on my neck thats more unsightly than painful. I was so shaken for it that I do not see myself going out at night for the forseeable future. Can I just say these two men who did this are bastards and I hope they get caught.

But it raises an interesting argument: is crime on the rise in your area?

Jaysus, that reinforces my opinion of Dublin lately. have you been to a doc? were these scum bags old?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I was going to ask the same, it has Portobello and Rialto, two COMPLETELY different areas...

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Sorry to hear, hope you called the gards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Overheal wrote: »
    So unless youre a boxer or a Tae Kwon Do instructor the guy on top is always going to be the scumbag illegally carrying the gun/knife.

If you give one of these idiots a hiding, you're likely to go down yourself. If they're armed, you'd probably get away with doing just about anything to them though - you can plead self defence in such a situation.

There's a very distinct breed of violent scumbag in Dublin and they aren't restricted by class in a lot of cases. The big problem is that that Gardaí seem largely apathetic to the plight of their victims.

I can't stress this enough - if you're mugged or assaulted in Dublin and you go to report it to the authorities, bring a solicitor with you to represent you. The Gardaí won't give you the runaround and will have to investigate the matter properly.

Regardless though, the justice system in this country is far, far, far too lenient on these pissant knackers and they're back on the street in no time, ready to destroy the lives of their next victims. The people of this country should really be up in arms about it but it'll continue unless enough people make enough noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

In future I will look confident and alert. thank you for the support peoples. xx

In the future, avoid taking short cuts through dark streets. Hell even I don't do it, and I'm male.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Has anybody experienced a mugging in Dublin 8? I used to consider where I live quite safe.

There is nowhere in town where I would walk down a dark, quiet street on my own.

I've lived in D8 for three years, in one of the 'spicier' areas, and I've never been blinked at.

You could also make your own pepper spray, with all fully legal ingredients.
    Im so sorry for what happened toyou. I know how scared you must have been. I had some bother from junkies in town last year, they were going to stab me, because I wouldnt give them a cigarette.Scumbags. I was so raging I didnt have either a weapon or pepper spray to get rid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Calling people like that scum is an insult to scum, they're worse than that. People like that deserve to be strung up by there gizmo (or other relevant body part). Soz to hear about it,:(

My area hasn't changed that much, then again I live in D12 so it never was calm really to begin with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Quite true but putting them together in a spraycan would still make it a prohibited weapon. Deodorant spray stings like hell when you get it in your eyes as well by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have little or no interest in the state of criminal affairs of D8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I caught a scumbag after he robbed a lady in my area a few weeks back. I was on my lunch break, seen a comotion, knew straight away what happened, took chase and caught the little yellow* bollox. Gave him a slap for making me run and another for saying ''ill loof de hed off ya'' Held him there with his chest pushed into some spikey railings till the Gards came.

The victim came along and ive never seen someone so scared and shaking in my life. The bastard used a knife and balaclava while she was putting a child into the car.

*He wasnt Asian, it was from the heroin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

There's big a huge increase in break-ins in houses lately around the Donore Ave area I know of that, something like 5 attempted break-ins in 2 weeks within 2 roads. Only heard of one mugging tbh in the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

mike65 wrote: »
    I have little or no interest in the state of criminal affairs of D8

Thats because you live in Waterford Do'h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yes. Well spotted on After Hours, Sir.

dancor wrote: »
    I caught a scumbag after he robbed a lady in my area a few weeks back. I was on my lunch break, seen a comotion, knew straight away what happened, took chase and caught the little yellow* bollox. Gave him a slap for making me run and another for saying ''ill loof de hed off ya'' Held him there with his chest pushed into some spikey railings till the Gards came.

The victim came along and ive never seen someone so scared and shaking in my life. The bastard used a knife and balaclava while she was putting a child into the car.

*He wasnt Asian, it was from the heroin.

Was it Bart Simpson ?

mike65 wrote: »
    Yes. Well spotted on After Hours, Sir.

Its not Sir its Mr to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Tannylan wrote: »
    Was it Bart Simpson ?

No, Nelson Muntz

Quite true but putting them together in a spraycan would still make it a prohibited weapon. Deodorant spray stings like hell when you get it in your eyes as well by the way.

as does that Deep Heat Spray. ID NEVER carry it as a weapon, but if I did, Im sure it would hurt ;)

*He wasnt Asian, it was from the heroin.[/quote]

It was from the Hep C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Advertisement