Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVENTRY and MIDLAND OPENS 2009

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

He looked a decent lad in his interviews on tv.Im glad you changed your nickname aswell.You didnt see any Divils there did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Just back now and have to say the Midland Open on Sunday was one of the best competitions I have ever played in. The standard was very high and with PDC pros like Colin Osborne, Jamie Caven, Mark Walsh, Andy Hamilton, Andy Smith, Wayne Jones, Chris Mason, Kevin Dowling, Dave Honey, Steve Hine, Kirk Sheppard, Dennis Smith, Russ Mason plus quality players like Tony Randall, Mark Robinson, Mark Hylton, Ian Jones, Tommy Aldridge, Paul Cook etc you just knew there was going to be some top darts thrown. My own day started with a 1st round game against a Warwickshire county player and I came through with a 4-0 victory with legs of 17, 18, 21, & 20 and a respectable 79.10 average. My 2nd round match was against a fella called Lee Martin and this time I came away with a 4-1 win in 17, 20, 19 & 21 and an average of 78.09. On to the 3rd round and another 4-0 victory this time in 15, 18, 16 & 20 and a nice average of 87.13. So into the last 32 and I'm drawn against Mark Walsh who has been the stand out player of the day with barely a leg over 15 darts. Well I got beat 4-0 in 14, 12, 15 & 15 dart legs. Leg 1 Mark finished 80 with me on 140, Leg 2 I left myself 40 and he finished 164. Leg 3 was a similar story, I was sat on 60 and he takes out a 140 finish and in the 4th leg it was a 103 finish with me on 134. His average was 107.35 and mine was 101.76. Despite being on the end of a 4-0 beating I was delighted with my performance throughout the day with an overall average of 84.37 and 4 180's. I stayed to chalk my game and was delighted when it was Mark Walsh against Nigel Staniland and Walshie continued his impressive form by winning 4-0 with legs of 13,11,17 & 13 and an average of 111.33.

Forgot to mention I also had the pleasure of meeting S.T.D Ste and his mates.

Last 32
    Mark Walsh 4 V 0 Tomás McGrath :(

Last 16
    Wayne Jones 4 V 3 Neil Birkin
    Joe Palmer 4 V 0 Ian Jones
    Tony Randall 4 V 1 Martin Brown
    Kirk Shepherd 4 V 2 Paul Warwick
    Mark Walsh 4 V 0 Nigel Staniland
    Andy Jenkins 4 V 2 Adrian Genery
    Jamie Caven 4 V 2 Dennis Smith
    Andy Hamilton 4 V 1 Ricky Sudale

Quarter Final
    Wayne Jones 5 V 2 Joe Palmer
    Kirk Shepherd 5 V 2 Tony Randall
    Mark Walsh 5 V 4 Andy Jenkins
    Andy Hamilton 5 V 2 Jamie Caven

Semi Final
    Wayne Jones 5 V 1 Kirk Shepherd
    Mark Walsh 5 V 4 Andy Hamilton

Final
    Wayne Jones 6 V 4 Mark Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Dates for next year -

Coventry Open 10th July 2010
    Midland Open 11th July 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Great darts and I'm glad you had a great day. That was some serious darts and its no wonder you were happy with them. Wayne jones looked like he played well throughout...deservered winner??

Advertisement