Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVENTRY and MIDLAND OPENS 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

I'm using my phone at the moment whats the details dates and all might go over for this have mates in cov

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Bishopsgate Club Coventry - Coventry Open - Sat 11th July

Barras Social Club Coventry - Midland Open - Sun 12th July

See you over there mate

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    See you over there mate

You got sorted then

Yeah my mate is playing in them both too so i'm well sort double top might be coming with me too

• Advertisement

Will have to exchange mobile numbers so we can meet up over there

Will do mate i'll private message you tomorrow with my number i'll show you the best parts of coventry mate i've been going over there the last ten years and never heard of there two comp's i've a pub for practise too

There is two of us from dunlaoghaire confirmed for this tournament my self and gary gregory with double top a possible third

3 lads going from the brough league

Stephen Andrews
    Gary Gregory
    Daniel Boyce

Come on the lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

Thats brilliant lads.Hope yous take a trophy back across the water.Are the 3 of yous going over together and staying in same accomodation?

• Advertisement

Might still be there, going over but not sure if I'll be arsed about making trip from London to Coventry.

clive yeah we are staying in cov city center

ciarribhoy if your there you'll see us with out a doubt its only an hour from london to coventry

Hamilton won the Coventry Open and Tabern won the Midland Open last year

So what your saying is that it will be easy for up then

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

3 lads going from the brough league

Stephen Andrews
    Gary Gregory
    Daniel Boyce

Come on the lads
    BEST OF LUCK LADS HOPE YOUS DO WELL

Flying over tomorrow, Good Luck to the lads heading over for this. Still not sure if I'm gonna bother playing in it, will make my mind up at the weekend.

Cheers lads hope to do respectivally in this darts are going well at the moment so a good run and i'd be happy hope to do boards proud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mardle180

Cheers lads hope to do respectivally in this darts are going well at the moment so a good run and i'd be happy hope to do boards proud

S.T.D

How long you playing the game, did coventry cost much would like to play a few circuits myself but havent had time.

Mardle180 wrote: »
    S.T.D

How long you playing the game, did coventry cost much would like to play a few circuits myself but havent had time.

playing just 12years its cheap enough for cov flight was fourty five hotel was fourty for two nights and is only 20pound in for both competition

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

well done ste on getting to the last 16 today,best of luck tomorrow in the midlands open.

• Advertisement

Dan Boyce is playing against Dennis Smith in his first game in Midlands Open.
    Ste Andrews and Gary Gregory are playing two county players.
    Yesterday Ste Andrews made the last 16.Dan Boyce and Gary Gregory went out in their first game.Hope they do a bit better today;)

Wayne Jones won 6-4 against Mark Walsh in final

Alright lads i'm back from coventry with a new out look on the gap between us and then and lads its not that big and i'm also back with a change of nickname gone is the hammer all hail the barrel have to say lads best thing ever beaten english county players and a scottish international along the way and the way top pro's are to players like us was talking to andy jenkins and he have me the best advise of the day but other little tips you pick up also had colin osbourne mark my first game yesterday which i won and for him to say excellent darts shivers ran down my spine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bettyswollox

well ste how did u get on, do you think anybody in the borough could make a name
    for themselves in the mighty pdc

A few lads could alright betty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bettyswollox

fair play toyou ste, must have been a great experience. can only be a good thing
    rubbing shoulders with the top men. im sure it will stand to you in the future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well done Ste, takes guts to enter competitions like that and to get to the last 16 is a great run.

Great to see Boards lads doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

well done steve. great to see you doing well. entering comps like that is leap of faith but I am sure that it will stand to you and improve your game.

any chance you would post some of the tips you picked up?

Id say one of the tips was eat more pies:D

• Advertisement

That was the moment of the weekend for me clive meeting the pie man him self legend

Advertisement