Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordinary level irish

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 electriks

anywho. you'd be safe just learning the characters and themes for stories. they're at the end of the stories and for the poetry they give question every year to summarise a bit of the poem. just know what the irish means and use LOTS of quotes from the poem in your answer. best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

So so you answer any two of the four sections, or does it have to be one section from the Ainmnithe (Roinn A) and one from the Roghanach (Roinn B) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Electricks - taking it seriously? I'm doing very little and doing very well, more than I can say for someone who admits with a giggle that he loves sitting in bushes smoking in a bid to act impressive :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Electricks - taking it seriously? I'm doing very little and doing very well, more than I can say for someone who admits with a giggle that he loves sitting in bushes smoking in a bid to act impressive :rolleyes:
    Oh, give it a rest.

I'm honestly not sure if you realise how much you get under peoples skin, and are doing it deliberately ... or if you are just totally lacking in empathy, and are oblivious.

Either way, you are straining my patience.

Btw, you will discover soon enough in life that acquiring the ability to get on easily with the people around you will take you far further than the LC will. Cultivate the talent.

And the rest of you, cop on and don't rise to him ... I know everyone's stress levels are high, but that doesn't mean that the handbags have to come out.

Act your age, not your shoesize!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

And for those of you with size 18 feet...How's the basketball going? bet finding shoes is a bítch eh? :pac:

• Advertisement

And for those of you with size 18 feet...How's the basketball going? bet finding shoes is a bítch eh? :pac:
    And for those of you like CM, with size 4 feet (and a good case for proving THAT old myth) ... :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Oh, give it a rest.

I'm honestly not sure if you realise how much you get under peoples skin, and are doing it deliberately ... or if you are just totally lacking in empathy, and are oblivious.

Either way, you are straining my patience.

Btw, you will discover soon enough in life that acquiring the ability to get on easily with the people around you will take you far further than the LC will. Cultivate the talent.

And the rest of you, cop on and don't rise to him ... I know everyone's stress levels are high, but that doesn't mean that the handbags have to come out.

Just because I strain your patience or you don't agree with me doesn't mean I have any less of a right to post afaik, unless you show me where that's stated and I'll change appropriately.

Don't know why you're educating me in the merit of an LC anyway as I'm not the one having a nervous breakdown over it or bragging about how I like to be a waster and oh I'm so rebellious and the drama of it all, oh lads.

bedtiem

And for those of you like CM, with size 4 feet (and a good case for proving THAT old myth) ... :p:D

Er...Size 10-11 depending on shoe there, matey. You'll get a good feel of them next time I see you! :p

Just because I strain your patience or you don't agree with me ...
    Actually, I do agree with you sometimes.

It's your manner of getting your point across which is the problem.
    Just because I strain your patience or you don't agree with me doesn't mean I have any less of a right to post afaik, unless you show me where that's stated and I'll change appropriately.
    The point is that you don't have a "right" to post. This is a privately-owned and run website, and has it's own policies and approaches which have evolved over the years for damn good reasons.

Try reading here

I'll quote you the most relevant bits, because I know you have enough reading to do these days with revision etc. I'm nice like that!

Contribute in a constructive way.
    Nobody is interested in your laser sharp ability to cut someone down.

Comment on the post not the poster.
    Responding to someone's point with personal attacks, regardless of how "witty" you think they are, is not big or clever. It just comes across, at best, as being an ass and at worst a bully with a small doodah (we mean “mind” of course).

It’s much better to stay on the topic of their post, not on the person who posted it. People will respect you for that, take your opinion more seriously and you put the ball back in their court to answer your points.

Respect/manners go a long way.
    Around these parts, people recognise good contribution. This isn’t YouTube or 4chan (*). Being respectful, mannerly and even occasionally acknowledging that someone has made you consider something in a different light, is going to win friends and influence people a lot more than being yet another rude "anonymous" internet keyboard warrior. No one wants to be around that guy.

No freedom of speech.
    This is a private website. There is no "right" to freedom of speech here. We, the Admins and moderators DO want to promote discussion but FREE un-moderated discussion online turns into a screaming match between children. We believe that rules of etiquette should be applied (see below). Shouting about how we have infringed your "freedom of speech" on a privately owned website is silly.

Oh, and one final bit ...

Be Civil (Don't be a dick)
    The internet is full of anonymous keyboard warriors being rude to each other. We don’t want that here. We're not saying you have to be super-nice to everyone and sign each post with a little heart, but we DO require that you are at least CIVIL to the humans on the other end of this intertube. Everyone is tired of the muppets online and if you feel you must be a dick to others, you aren’t welcome here.

So I look forward to you changing your approach appropriately, as promised.

Otherwise, this probably isn't the site for you.
    Don't know why you're educating me in the merit of an LC anyway ...
    I'm not.

I am attempting to educate you in Boards etiquette, because that's my role as a moderator.

I'm also I suppose throwing in a bit of free advice about life because that's a lot of what I do IRL ... I'm an educator. Not a "teacher" as you and your peers think of it, someone who prepares you for Leaving Cert, an educator.

Did you know that the word educate is derived from the Latin word educare, meaning "to lead or draw forth" (the best from someone).

Not, strangely enough given the exams you are all going through at the moment, from the word(s) for "cram in".

Education isn't all about the LC.

In fact, very little of it is.

Er...Size 10-11 depending on shoe there, matey. You'll get a good feel of them next time I see you! :p
    I really don't want "a feel" of anything of yours, mate ... well, I wouldn't mind a go at that camera, I suppose! :p

Now, can we get back to Irish? :cool:

• Advertisement

Ceart go leor! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Paper II is up in a couple of hours, I'm not very confident about it (hence why I'm here and not studying :p). It's good to hear that it's only 16-18% of the whole exam :cool:.

Quick question: Do we get bonus marks for answering in Irish?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

oh yeah an automatic 100% if you answer in Irish:rolleyes:
    if only
    "is maith liom an dan seo":pac:

Advertisement