Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ordinary level irish

Options
  • 08-06-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

they must think we're retarded to give us such an easy paper:):rolleyes:
    any tips on whats coming up in the poetry and sceals tomorrow????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Yeah here are the tips given on Countdown to 306.

Every story will come up on the paper in some form.

Jack hasn't come up in a couple of years. An Bhean Og is also tipped.

Lig Sinn i Cagtu and Bimse Buan Gach la.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 electriks

Thanks very much!!!! hopefully it will be as easy as paper 1. Had that done in half an hour except the examiner wouldn't leave me out till an hour was up:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 happyhappyhappy

I think it'll be Bhean Og& Clare Sa Speir
    even though all stories will come up!

Poems: For the short questions

Gealt or Faoiseamh a Gheobhdsa

Compulsory poem: Bimse buan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

We're allowed leave after half a hour..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Thank god PII is only worth 16%.. I did Irish today for the first time in AGES, it was fun though... I was having a great time in australia apparently.

Better go look over some of it now I suppose..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Des23 wrote: »
    Thank god PII is only worth 16%.. I did Irish today for the first time in AGES, it was fun though... I was having a great time in australia apparently.

Better go look over some of it now I suppose..

I, too, was living it up in
    Sráid Koala
    Syndey
    An Astráil
    there today. Was "laughing and drinking like never before" and had to go buy new clothes because I had brought all warm clothes and it was too hot to wear them.. Said I'd met my uncle's friends and we were going for dinner and was planning to meet up with some English lads I'd met at the beach the next day etc then invited mo chara to come and stay with us for the rest of the summer since I'd found a nice restaurant that was opening up belonging to my uncle's friend who was looking for more waiting staff...

High fantasy altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

I kept it simple:

They it fish all day.
    I don't like fish.
    We are going to a restaurant tonight.
    My uncle lives near the beach.
    It is warm.
    Sometimes it is too warm.

It went on in these poetic terms till I did about 120 words...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭carefulnow99

i know i av to say im brutal at irish but i found the paper pretty easy but my god....i made such a big mistake ha well ya know ya have to write like 2 things from ceist1 i.e a sceal or litir??

mise only wrote one

and has always only wrote 1

right back to evry irish test iv ever had

so im stupid but look everyone else dont make my mistake just read the dam paper:mad:

and btw im not blamin my teacher obviously i cant read irish but she never told me and i asked my mate and he said she never mentioned it but he still done 2......yup..guess its just me dats stupid

no point cryin over spilt cider as i say:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

my god if only i could link 2 word of irish :D

i really dont have a clue what to study for this !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Dante

Is it actually true that p2 is only worth 17% or is that an urban myth??

• Advertisement

Yup. dead straight. i think it's actually 18% cause unno the 1% makes such a difference:cool:

Is it actually true that p2 is only worth 17% or is that an urban myth??

true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

18% actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

This "only" thing baffles me :p Did you discount the listening or the oral for being "only" 5% either side of 20%?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Dante

Sweet jesus, Then I've probably gotten near an A already, haha savage! **happy**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

I doubt that child abuser is coming up this year is he :rolleyes:?

would you seriously stop taking the leaving so seriously claypigeon.... its not even that important. whaere do you go to school??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 joh6n

i reckon Gealt will come up in the short poetry questions with Nil Aon Ni and Faoiseamh and Bimse buan being the prescribed poems!?

and from the pattern i'd say Fiche Bliain Ag Fas will come up in the short questions and bean og and Cearrbhach will be the prescribed pros?

ha it really is 18%... well i think i did bad in my oral so i still wanna get as close to the full 18% as possible!:D

stop taking these exams so seriously. not that important. where the hell do you go to school?

joh6n wrote: »
    i reckon Gealt will come up in the short poetry questions with Nil Aon Ni and Faoiseamh and Bimse buan being the prescribed poems!?

and from the pattern i'd say Fiche Bliain Ag Fas will come up in the short questions and bean og and Cearrbhach will be the prescribed pros?

ha it really is 18%... well i think i did bad in my oral so i still wanna get as close to the full 18% as possible!:D

lig sin i gcathu is hottly tipped even though its the crappest story ever

• Advertisement

me? the Bish in Galway
    im relyin on points from irish i think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

electriks wrote: »

Can't remember that at all. I suspect there'll be a lot of blank spaces on my exam script tomorrow.

electriks wrote: »

lig sinn i gcathu is tipped to come up in part a or b? because it was a part b the last three years

lig sinn i gcathu is tipped to come up in part a or b? because it was a part b the last three years

b i think i'm not too sure. ya sorry i was talking 2 claypigeon there who was insulting me so was a bit pissy...sorry:(

me? the Bish in Galway
    im relyin on points from irish i think!!

i was in your year last year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Ugh, I really wish my Irish teacher hadn't gone away as soon as school ended.....Gah I'm so screwed. I don't even understand how to answer paper 2 properly. :( Can someone please explain how you answer it?

hmm i dunno electriks! ha its k i frickin (<im not sure what the policy is on swearing yet haha) hate twats who think their all big and smart behind a computer! anyways im off! better do a tad of study! hope whatever you study comes up and best of luck man!

awhir wrote: »
    i was in your year last year ;)

yeah? who's this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

whats with people saying definatly study lig sinn, its tipped to come up, every story comes up every year and lets jus say ya study 3 pros and they all come up in part a, then just do pros roghnach.

• Advertisement

Occono wrote: »
    Ugh, I really wish my Irish teacher hadn't gone away as soon as school ended.....Gah I'm so screwed. I don't even understand how to answer paper 2 properly. :( Can someone please explain how you answer it?

ya your lucky our teacher had 2 kids in the late two years so we had so many different teachers they wouldn't notice whether you're there r not. hint hint...i wasn't

Advertisement