Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Insurance Broker for Performance Cars?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Just heard back, apparently Travelers don't quote for Subaru and don't offer open driving. Looks like i'll be renewing with Hibernian so.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭marknoonan1974

Anan1 wrote: »
    Just heard back, apparently Travelers don't quote for Subaru and don't offer open driving. Looks like i'll be renewing with Hibernian so.

Thats strange, did you try on quoteline.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Thats strange, did you try on quoteline.ie?
    I did, i've tried everyone I can think of at this stage. Best quote was Hibernian, €560 comp on a Subaru Forester 2.5XT including full bonus protection and open driving. Quite a few won't do open drive. Second best was FBD, €775, all the others were in the €850-€1200 range. Hibernian initially wanted €696, but I brought them down in stages to €560. Last year they charged me €525ish for the same cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭marknoonan1974

Anan1 wrote: »
    I did, i've tried everyone I can think of at this stage. Best quote was Hibernian, €560 comp on a Subaru Forester 2.5XT including full bonus protection and open driving. Quite a few won't do open drive. Second best was FBD, €775, all the others were in the €850-€1200 range. Hibernian initially wanted €696, but I brought them down in stages to €560. Last year they charged me €525ish for the same cover.

Thats not to bad, lots of people are getting 20% increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Pretty happy with Travellers.

730 on the ST, Fully comp & Protected NCB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 tytlak

daRobot wrote: »
    Pretty happy with Travellers.

730 on the ST, Fully comp & Protected NCB.

I got 1090 euros for excellent fully comp from 123.ie[FONT=&quot] underwritten by Travelers Insurance Group. Only First Ireland was close enough at 1250 euro. I asked them if they can beat this quote from 123.ie they said they were not in the market for that price!!

I am in late 20's, 1 year bonus and high performance car. Other companies wanted to charge me between 1700-2500.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

I talked to a few brokers and they said they could not match or beat the quote from 123.ie in general. They are by far the cheapest in the market at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I've found brittons will almost always match any other quote you get. There online prices aren't as competitive as they used to be, but they'll drop prices quite quickly on the phone when you give them other quotes.

Tried them too. They didnt want to match 123.ie quote and even First Ireland one. Gave me 1700 full comp and couldnt get any cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Weird, they matched 123 for me. Came down €200!

actually I will give them a call. I didnt have a quote from 123.ie in the morning when talked to Britton. They said they won't match First Ireland and their quote was 1924 euros. I have time till 4pm to decide.

Can they beat the quote from123 or just match it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭tooler7

Lads Britton are brilliant im 21 2yrs ncb on a Honda Prelude 2.2vti 1998 for 1800 and last year i was paying 3500 on a 1.4 Honda Civic no body would quote me except for them and they are a very nice crowd aswell. Just ring them i was declined online but rang after and they said they will call me back in a few days and that was it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

tooler7 wrote: »
    Lads Britton are brilliant im 21 2yrs ncb on a Honda Prelude 2.2vti 1998 for 1800 and last year i was paying 3500 on a 1.4 Honda Civic no body would quote me except for them and they are a very nice crowd aswell. Just ring them i was declined online but rang after and they said they will call me back in a few days and that was it
    Whats your excess on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

In December 2007 I was looking for quotes for a JDM Mazda RX-8 250bhp. I was 21 with 3 years NCB and no penalty points. Here's how it went:

FirstQuote - €2500
    Quinn Direct - no quote
    FBD - no quote
    123.ie - no quote
    Hibernian - €4500
    AXA - no quote

Needless to say I went with FirstQuote. After a year I got my renewal and it had GONE UP to €2750. I got onto them and tried to sort it out. No luck. Again I shopped around but only got dearer and dearer quotes. When I rang FBD they recommended Aaran Insurances. I rang them and got a quote for €2100. I haggled a bit (playingly) and got it down to €1960.

Aaran are good. A few minutes ago I got an online quote from Britton due to what I saw on this thread. €2050. I like it!

It really does pay to shop around and NEVER take the first quote you like the sound of!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ferris wrote: »
    Sorry if i'm repeating myself as I have made this recommendation before but myself and some mates find First Ireland very good for performance cars.

Thanks for the info. The cheapest I could get my renewal down to through Aaran Ins. this year is €1870. Just rang First Ireland and got it down to €1550. Cheers mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Joe 90

Don't know if this is of any help but I an insured with a UK outfit called A Plan. £325 for an Exige, OK in ancient but still bloody good. When I was heading for Ireland last summer I called to check that I was insured for Ireland. The answer was 'Yes, 365 days a year'. Apparantly some of the underwriters they use provide EU wide cover as a matter of course so could be worth trying them.

Advertisement