Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else feeling really, really down?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,081 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Claypigeon wrote: »
    If you're tired - SLEEP!

Do not feel guilty for being tired, just deal with it the right way and relax then go again later. If you sleep now, you can stay up a bit later tonight. It's 4pm, I do most of my revision between 9pm and 1am for example because I nap or at least lie in bed for a while after eating during these exams
    Sleep... lol

actually the afternoon/evening would be a good time to turn in. University studies in the US have shown increased levels of productivity when working after midnight: if you went to sleep at 4/5, woke up around 10 or 12 and studied until the exams you'd feel pretty pumped. Or, at least I did, whenever I did that kinda crazy **** for my LC and college exams.

But to be honest, I really worry for anyone aiming for top marks. That is a lot of stress to put yourself under. I liked aiming for 450/500 much better: leaving yourself room for error, I think, is very important to your sanity.

Yes, I am both a night owl and an under achiever.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

man your presumptuous! Kinda funny though that they proved you wrong.:pac:
    e that pass math is only "two cue-cards" worth of notes. if you were that amazing youd be in honours. i'll be looking forward to your A1, a genius like you would never make slip ups.;)

It is basically only two cue cards worth of formulae tho:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

e that pass math is only "two cue-cards" worth of notes. if you were that amazing youd be in honours. i'll be looking forward to your A1, a genius like you would never make slip ups.;)

It is basically only two cue cards worth of formulae tho:)
    still, that guy is a prick trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

still, that guy is a prick trust me.

Haha FLAME WAR!! I declare a FLAME WAR!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

and anyways, people at ordinary may just have found the paper difficult. end of. there is understanding and method to it, its not just pick a formula and sub in. so im asking you very nicely to not act like you are so much better than everybody else, and that everybody else is stupid, that pass math is only "two cue-cards" worth of notes. if you were that amazing youd be in honours. i'll be looking forward to your A1, a genius like you would never make slip ups.;)

and just because i know your going to claim in saying this because i probably failed math, i got 84% in my mocks and think i got around the same this time.

I have no idea what you're implying.

OL maths: You get 3 marks for writing down the formula and 4 marks for subbing it in. Out of 10. There are two little cards of formulae, even in big writing. This may sound out of place but do the math. It really is just pick a formula and sub it in. I'm dire at maths but once I actually looked at marking schemes I found it easier to pass.

I don't see where you're getting "I'm amazing" from "I'm bad at maths but it isn't hard to learn off a few formulae". Or how you're linking "I learned the few formulas for ordinary" to "I should be in Honours I'm so good!".

I showed my friends that do honours how little we actually had to learn off going into the exam and they were telling me about how difficult maths is. I know I couldn't do honours and I didn't say I could.

Reading is hard. That thing I did there, the paragraphs? Try them - walls of texts with stuff being shoved in my mouth make me wince.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Saul-Good wrote: »
    Haha FLAME WAR!! I declare a FLAME WAR!!!:p
    I declare it over before it starts.

And Koka, no need to direct such language at another user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

my brains dead,
    im sick of not having a life,
    i need a drink,
    i miss caring about my appearance,
    i miss tv,
    i miss staying up all night,
    i miss not remembering what happened the night before,
    i miss hangovers,
    i miss people i hate

I WANT MY LIFE BACK

im not finished till the very last day

feeling so frustrated !!!!!!!

rant over:eek::cool::mad::D:pac::rolleyes::eek::confused::confused::cool::cool::mad::(

You'll be grand. It's only another 9 days until you're finished. To be honest, things could be a lot worse, and from your post it looks like you're actually looking for things to complain about.

The Leaving Cert. is a hard time, but it's a time you've to go through. There's nothing you can do about it, and complaining certainly isn't going to help in anyway whatsoever.

You'll get over it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lol, I think she was just having a rant, Jammy. That can help too ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

You'll be grand. It's only another 9 days until you're finished. To be honest, things could be a lot worse, and from your post it looks like you're actually looking for things to complain about.

The Leaving Cert. is a hard time, but it's a time you've to go through. There's nothing you can do about it, and complaining certainly isn't going to help in anyway whatsoever.

You'll get over it.
    lol it was only a joke :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

i fell fine:D

lol it was only a joke :)

Ah... Right, that makes sense!

I'm sick of hearing people complaining as if the LC will be the death of them, it happens the odd day at school. I guess I took that anger out of myself in that reply.:pac: This whole LC has broken my sense of sarcasm!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Claypigeon wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're implying.

OL maths: You get 3 marks for writing down the formula and 4 marks for subbing it in. Out of 10. There are two little cards of formulae, even in big writing. This may sound out of place but do the math. It really is just pick a formula and sub it in. I'm dire at maths but once I actually looked at marking schemes I found it easier to pass.

I don't see where you're getting "I'm amazing" from "I'm bad at maths but it isn't hard to learn off a few formulae". Or how you're linking "I learned the few formulas for ordinary" to "I should be in Honours I'm so good!".

I showed my friends that do honours how little we actually had to learn off going into the exam and they were telling me about how difficult maths is. I know I couldn't do honours and I didn't say I could.

Reading is hard. That thing I did there, the paragraphs? Try them - walls of texts with stuff being shoved in my mouth make me wince.

1) please check what time i write my posts. i sincerly hope you did not expect me to write in paragraph form at 6 in the morning.

2) it may be so that its easy to get marks in pass math, thats fine and i do agree with you 100%, i tell my friends that all the time to cheer them up. its the way you said it, im not going to quote you because i cant remember what you said, but it was along the lines of you cant blame the paper if you fail, its a piss easy paper to pass. Thats the bit that i thought was unfair. Some of my friends just cannot grasp math. Its just not gonna happen, and they are smart girls, math being theyr only pass subject. and i could place all the formulas infornt of them and theyrs chance theyd use the wrong one.

anyways, yeah, i thought you were being very belittling to the people who struggle with pass maths

Advertisement