Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My bf`s dog has become fascinated with me!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

That's the great thing about dogs, no matter how bad a day you've had your dog still thinks your the greatest person who ever lived.

Aww :) So true :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Our cat follows us around like that - he's like a dog. He runs to the door when you get home to welcome us and follows us around the kitchen while your cooking and every time we sit down he's straight up on your lap. It's sweet but quite annoying when you're only sitting down for a second and the cat lands in on you.

He also follows me in to the toilet and tries to sit on my lap and sits patiently outside the shower door waiting for me to come out.

He's a keeper! :) I love that about pets. No matter what, they think you're great and are happy to see you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

That's unusual for a cat alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Hellrazer wrote: »
    The post was reported for back seat modding.
    That surprises me I have to say.... that disagreeing with a poster is seen as back seat modding and gets reported, but blatant bullying and disrespect for the OP seems to be acceptable:confused:
    I am not in any way trying to do your job as a moderator. I simply posted my opinion in reply to a nasty post. Maybe I should have chosen the username 'Call me opinionated' heehee!!:D

And the final warning thing....I have never been given a warning or infarction so I thought when you said it was final that you had me mixed up with someone else, was just letting you know it was my first.

Where is the Report button anyhow?...I can't find it...?

Dave147 wrote: »
    I find it ruder to use text speak than to complain about it, its headwrecking and horrible to read. FASCINATE.
    Isn't it possible that she didn't use text slang?...maybe english isn't her first language? She didn't use apostrophes or commas and there are incorrect spellings everywhere....my first instinct was that her english wasn't fluent (no offence intended OP)
    She's edited the spelling in the thread title anyhow.
    Hope your head feels better soon.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Thats your opinion.The post was reported for back seat modding.In an earlier thread in this forum the general consensus was that we were slow to act on reported posts so in response we agreed to start acting on every reported post.

Also instead of issueing an infractions or bans to any of the users which by the way we usually do for back seat modding I warned the posters on thread which in my opinion is quite fair.

And all I can say is that its written in the rules very clearly for all to read.If anyone has a problem with the way we mod this forum then make a complaint in the feedback forum.

As I say, you can feel free to mod your forum how you feel. That is entirely up to you and I'm not involved in the process at all. Aside from mooching about in here the odd time, I don't generally partake in the discussion in this forum, so it wouldn't affect me anyway.

All I'm saying, is that I think you're confusing his post or taking it wrongly. In his post he politely responds to another persons post saying they should lighten up in regards to the OP. The person he quoted was much more vicious in their posting style, yet socket was the one to be complained to.

If Socket's post told the user that they shouldn't post something like that, as it is against the rules, or told the user to "stay on topic" (or anything of similar effect) then I would fully understand where you're coming from with your back-seat modding comment.

Considering he didn't say anything about the user getting punished, didn't mention the rules of the forum, and didn't act in any kind of insulting manner, I feel you are being very unnecessarily harsh on him.

As I say, however, your forum; your rules. I'm posting merely to encourage you to take another read through of this thread and see if you may be warning the wrong member. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

If Socket's post told the user that they shouldn't post something like that, as it is against the rules, or told the user to "stay on topic" (or anything of similar effect) then I would fully understand where you're coming from with your back-seat modding comment.

Considering he didn't say anything about the user getting punished, didn't mention the rules of the forum, and didn't act in any kind of insulting manner, I feel you are being very unnecessarily harsh on him.

As I say, however, your forum; your rules. I'm posting merely to encourage you to take another read through of this thread and see if you may be warning the wrong member. :)

i think socket is a girl?!!

It doesn't really matter...but yeah, I'm of the female variety....(my husband's name is Plug :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Guys

On-thread arguing regarding any moderation decision is considered to be extremely bad form across the entire boards.ie site.

If you weren't aware of that before, you are now. If you're unsure of the way in which you're supposed to conduct yourself on these forums, read the charters that are stickied on the first page of each forum.

The animals & pets forum mods have just had a new sub-forum open and they're busier than usual, and this sort of bickering distraction doesn't help.

Now hear me clearly:

No more on this thread. That includes responses to this post - I'm not interested in hearing you justify you contributions, especially on this thread. If you feel the need to tell me something, PM me. DO NOT POST ANYTHING OFF TOPIC ON THIS THREAD AGAIN.

If you didn't like the thread title, you should have reported the first post and requested that the mis-spelled words be spelled properly. If you don't like individual posts, report them. The report post icon is the triangle with the exclamation mark at the bottom left of each post.

As it stands, this thread is now a mess full of off-topic contributions that would need to be deleted for it to continue as a useful thread in any way.

And folks, so you know, I will go straight to banning for any poster who comes back at me on this thread. Use the Help Desk or PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭heavymetalrock

im very sorry for all the trouble i caused on this thread, and the spelling mistakes, wish i didnt start this thread in the first place, i just wanted to talk about my dog, sum people can be so hurtful..
    thats all i have to say on this subject.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

im very sorry for all the trouble i caused on this thread, and the spelling mistakes, wish i didnt start this thread in the first place, i just wanted to talk about my dog, sum people can be so hurtful..

Don't sweat it, personally I was happy to see & read your story - thanks for sharing it.

Dogs are brilliant, sometimes I think WE need dogs more than they need us.

Case in point is this evening, I came home from work feeling completed knackered. Because of public sector pay cuts, levies and a recruitment embargo I'm working exceptionally hard at the moment.

Those cuts and levies have put me on my arse, so I'm very stressed over that.

Plus I'm training very hard at the moment also and fighting (no pun) to find the motivation not only to fight/train to fight - but even the get out of bed these days is a hassle.

So this evening I'm walking up the garden deciding that I'm going to go to bed for a sleep and skip training tonight, only to be met by the two guys (my dogs) - and those two running out to meet me gave me the energies to get my ass in gear for another night.

My youngest dogs biggest pleasure sometimes is to run around the house and garden gathering all sorts of things in her mouth and bringing them to me as a little gift - she's delighted with herself!.

So some people decided to poke fun at you, 'feck the begrudgers' (was that Father Ted?), I bet the smile is on the other side of their faces now.

As for your spelling, I'll just say this. Both my daughter and I are dyslexic - I struggle to get a coherent post together sometimes. I normally proof read a post at least two - three times before posting, then finding I've to edit parts.

So I'm telling you now, don't sweat the spelling - if people want to poke fun its to their shame. Personally I'm glad you posted, I hope you stick around this forum and share more of your stories with us & I loved the photos you posted too, thanks again.

Kindest regards, and sincerely - I do hope you stick around.

-M.

Don't sweat it, personally I was happy to see & read your story - thanks for sharing it.
    I second that....
    There's enough negativity in life that gets dragged onto forums everywhere, and everyone clambering to be better than others...it's nice to read a post that was sincerely innocent and joyful on the wonders of dog ownership.
    Keep sharing....

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Hey Heavymetalrock,

don't be put off posting here. Were usually a friendly bunch (the regulars here) and sometimes were helpful too ;)
    I thought your story was a lovely one regardless of spelling I knew what you were saying and it was lovely to read.

I'm getting a dog soon and I personally can't wait and hope I'm as happy with him as you are with your boyfriends dog :)

It;s always nice to read a lovely story like that and don't be afraid to post one similar in the future I'm sure the majority of us will look forward to reading it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

it's nice to read a post that was sincerely innocent and joyful on the wonders of dog ownership.
    Keep sharing....

Best line of the whole thread.

Innocence, shameful how quickly some will knock it.

Btw, just back from training, battered and beat and the lads wanna go out for a run on the green - I sometimes jog & wrestle with 'em!.

You can picture the scene, Martin's home and they think its play time, but Martin is feeling all of his 43 years so I'm getting the big brown eyes, the waggly tails and a pawing of the older guy (he's learned the trick which pull on my heart strings).

regards to all you dog owner's tonight :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Nice story. My girlfriends dog stil dosn accept me or my dog. Nice to hear the dog likes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Ahhh, I know the feeling, have the builders in this week, busting my ass to get the new site up and running, doing my 'day job too' and after all that I get the 'white mafia' twisting my arm to take them out to the park for a run and a play even though I just want to curl up on the sofa.

Still, once I'm out and start living in the moment like they do, the aches and pains are forgotten.

Some of last night's madness with their mate Jake:

Best line of the whole thread.

Innocence, shameful how quickly some will knock it.

Btw, just back from training, battered and beat and the lads wanna go out for a run on the green - I sometimes jog & wrestle with 'em!.

You can picture the scene, Martin's home and they think its play time, but Martin is feeling all of his 43 years so I'm getting the big brown eyes, the waggly tails and a pawing of the older guy (he's learned the trick which pull on my heart strings).

regards to all you dog owner's tonight :P

Advertisement