Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elton John Thomond Park..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,822 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I was the first person at the stadium and the first person in the Green entrance queue! I got absolutely soaked, it was so cold. I feel a cold coming on now...I was directly in front of him and he POINTED AT ME and the young lad in front of me! He put on a great performance. The sound was perfect, it put Bruce Springsteen's sound engineers to shame! Elton sounds fantastic and looks so well after years on drugs. His interaction with crowd is just out of the world.

I would gladly give me Granny and my arm and a leg to see him again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I thought it was an excellent concert. It was a bit mental hearing Elton John saying 'Hello Limerick'! Was down on the pitch and got absolutely soaked but the dancin and drinkin kept us warm.
    Its great to see acts of this calibre coming to Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

aw he was brilliant,,rain or no rain i really enjoyed it!!danced me little socks off:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I think Elton John looks like a slightly older version of Kiefer Sunderland
    look here at the two of them side by side:
    http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNjY0NzQ0MzIyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM5NjQzMg@@._V1._SX266_SY400_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Berty wrote: »
    You wont hear about a concert in Limerick.

You will hear about a concert 201km from Dublin instead. Heaven forbid they speak of Limerick without shaming us.(the media)

In fairness its the middle of the elections, this would hardly make news on a normal day.

Its also reported in the Independent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

RonMexico wrote: »
    Should be watched without sound .... tis a great laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 31,822 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ahaha, that is funny without sound! Everyone is just bouncing! You had to though just to keep warm!

Spot the bouncing brolly too!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

The locals got enough money for their houses in fairness, well the ones that were affected by the construction

But only a handful of locals got money to move, the whole of Mayorstone, Greystones, Clareview, Brookville could hear the concert (whether they wanted to or not) and didn't get a penny during construction or even offer of pre-purchasing concert tickets. Parents locked into house for the night cos of traffic - they were delighted it was raining cos at least they weren't missing out on BBQ/gardening time. They are delighted at least that the stadium is being used - not like the white elephant the GAA have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elton fan

The concert in Thomond for Elton was great - if I could have heard the music properly!!! I have compained to Aiken Promotions. They said I should have contacted them during the concert. They also said that they received no other complaints about the sound, but the people all around me in the East stand were disgusted and were leaving early. Any one have the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elton fan

ya I was at the back of the east stand towards the stage. Terrible seats. Sound dreadful. Made complaint to Ailen promotion, but they say no one esle complained - Did you complain??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

lol_wut.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The concert was 2 months ago.... time to let it go.
    Please don't dig up old threads, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement