Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics LC 2009 (H + O)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Rob! wrote: »
    You know they'd totally capitalize upon our ideas!:p

Did you ever notice whilst studying economics over the past 2 yrs you could point out straight away errors in the government ideas to fill the budget deficit?

Its kinda sad just how beneficial the basic principals of a second level economics book could be to our political figures - also shows you how ridiculously unqualified they are to be in a position to dictate the financial running of a nation........

You got that right, which moron I wonder had the bright idea of letting a solicitor handle the finances of our country:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Mallox wrote: »
    i get the feeling alot of ppl really dont like economics :eek::eek:
    i love this subject .. its one of the shortest courses in the leaving cert and you have a choice of 8 questions to do 4 how bad like!!!
    most of my class will be aiming for As in this ..

Yeah I mean you could get away with doing well without answering any waffle-y(?) government questions, there's loads of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah but the government has economic advisors! it's not your man brian lenihan deciding what to do :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

yeah but the government has economic advisors! it's not your man brian lenihan deciding what to do :pac:
    Basically, economics is all theory. Why do you think there's so many 'assumptions'? :D That's why it's so interesting though, Different theories, keynesian, monetarism etc.

Make sure you do all the amrkets if studying them. There could well be a question incorporating all of them, seeing as it's common to predict which one is coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 podgedurka

imperfect (be able to compare with monopoly/oligopoly/ perfect)
    capital
    elasticity/demand
    costs and revenue
    national income (multiplier)
    foreign trade( if u dont know it dont touch it now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

My tips:

Imperfect competiton/ oligopoly
    Elasticities
    Capital
    International Trade- Especially the drop in the value of the sterling compared to the euro
    Government- Current budget deficit is going to be ****ing there! It has to be! Also the effects of income levys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

2 definitions for the government which are worth knowing are the exchequer borrowing requirement and the public sector borrowing requirement. I dont have to give the reason do I?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 podgedurka

These are also likely as shorts
    effect of deflation(disinflation)/ how a govt could reduce it
    characteristics of oligopoly/ methods of collusion
    point and which dmr sets in
    calculation for CPI consumer price index
    know contributions by monetarists or supply side economists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭7Steve

podgedurka wrote: »
    know contributions by monetarists or supply side economists

And what would they be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

^ Advocation of free markets (no government intervention, some regulation), Privatisation (of healthcare, education etc.), Low income tax to increase the incentive to work and increase the gap between those working and those on social welfare, less power of trade unions etc etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement