Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help working out my results!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spjhalion

Hey. I got an E in my Core module from last semester (im in 2nd year arts now) and one of the programme's officers told me that depending on my results for the next few semesters I could compensate it. I'm fairly positive I told her it was a Core module at the time but am doubting it now. Either way does it matter that it is a core module as long as it is not say beginners or I of II (It is Critical Theory and as far as I know there is no Critical Theory II or anything next year). Basically if I get good grades can I, at some stage, compensate this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

White_Wolf wrote: »
    Hahaha no exams in any yet but i like to dabble with linux have a Ubuntu server running im my house

Hahah...this just got terribly geeky. Anyway to Leisha, the OP. Don't stress I'm in the same boat. Greek and Romans a bitch ain't it? I mean in theory it's easy, but when you're spending your time having coffee, or pints and pool in my case, then it's difficult to get a hold on Thucydides and his Pelopenesian wankydoodle. Just knuckle down, nail these exams. If you're really up ****s creek, go talk to one of the student advisers. That's what I did and they explained it all. I don't remember what they said, but it was basically...pass as much as you can and come back and see us afterwards. There are ways to beat the UCD monster. What I always think to myself is...if a blonde D4 bimbo can be in second year, then there's hope for all of us. No offense to D4 heads but you're probably all on Facebook anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

spjhalion wrote: »
    Hey. I got an E in my Core module from last semester (im in 2nd year arts now) and one of the programme's officers told me that depending on my results for the next few semesters I could compensate it. I'm fairly positive I told her it was a Core module at the time but am doubting it now. Either way does it matter that it is a core module as long as it is not say beginners or I of II (It is Critical Theory and as far as I know there is no Critical Theory II or anything next year). Basically if I get good grades can I, at some stage, compensate this? Thanks

You can compensate some core modules.
    At a guess, if that core module is a prerequisite for another core module, then it's probably less likely that you can repeat it.

Saw the question asked earlier, they are pretty loose about letting people through the years, I've never heard of anyone being asked to leave or anything.

At the end of the day, no one really cares (be it the university or otherwise) if you fail. You/your parents have to take the financial cost and time cost, so at the end of the day, it will be you who feels the pinch. If you've got the money and the time, by all means get hammered/drink coffee and fail modules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 spjhalion

I'm fairly sure its not a prerequisite but is there any way of seeing if its a compensatable core module on the website or anything? I emailed the education SU guy twice but no reply.

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure its not a prerequisite but is there any way of seeing if its a compensatable core module on the website or anything? I emailed the education SU guy twice but no reply.

That was your first mistake :D

I think the module coordinater or the programme office would be the best places to email.
    Programme office are very helpful and usually reply pretty quickly to emails.
    Just be polite and directly ask them exactly what you want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jbuckley

It doesn't matter, you're doing arts anyway!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I'll thank him for you to boost his precious thanked posts : post ratio.

Advertisement