Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bands/Albums Recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Razor of Occam released their Homage to Martyrs album earlier.Tis very good stuff,modern Black Metal,they actually sound quite like Naglfar.

42e3f8043e0fb0dde26bc81802e.jpg

yes, a very good album. the new Destroyer 666 album will have to be something special to top Homage to Martyrs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I ltried listening to Destroyer 666s back catalogue recently but just couldnt get into it.I dunno what it was about it but it did nothing for me at all.

Just yesterday I came across Six Ft Ditch on another forum and Ive been digging em quite a bit.I guess they are rap metal/hardcore.Would recommend them to fans of Biohazard/Terror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

Vanhalla wrote: »
    whats this forum u speak of hey?

this is a great thread. stick it up there mod dudes

Am I ok to put up a link to another forum??

Another band I'd highly recommend are supporting Amon Amarth in their European tour near the end of the year, cant wait to see them both in Belshaft in October - Evile.

Their debut album Enter The Grave is bloody brilliant. They've a new one due out this year, not sure if its been released yet, looking forward to that too!! :cool:

Still cant managed this embedding business right, sorry!! :confused::o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=924bRfmiJ20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Are Evile supporting Amon Amarth at the Dublin gig at the end of the year?

Class if they are!

Are Evile supporting Amon Amarth at the Dublin gig at the end of the year?

Class if they are!

They sure are, check it out:

http://www.amonamarth.com/

• Advertisement

Deadly stuff, that gig will be even better than I expected.

I was sorry I missed them last time they played, but the whole ac/dc thing kind of got in the way :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

Another band I'd highly recommend are supporting Amon Amarth in their European tour near the end of the year, cant wait to see them both in Belshaft in October - Evile.

Their debut album Enter The Grave is bloody brilliant. They've a new one due out this year, not sure if its been released yet, looking forward to that too!! :cool:

yes go on put up the link. il take the blame if ur not allowed! so serious this boards crowd

Vanhalla wrote: »
    yes go on put up the link. il take the blame if ur not allowed! so serious this boards crowd

Okey dokey, its your typing fingers!! :D;)

http://www.imarocker.com/Forums/phpBB3/index.php

I ltried listening to Destroyer 666s back catalogue recently but just couldnt get into it.I dunno what it was about it but it did nothing for me at all.

not even Unchain the Wolves:(

ah well each to his own:)

people into thrash metal might like this band:

As you Drown released their album Reflection earlier this month.Brutal Swedish death metal a go-go.

Job For A Cowboy also released Ruination this month too.They need no introduction.Heres one of the tracks from the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I couldn't really get into Ruintation, strange because I loved Genesis.

The new Born of Osiris is pretty good though,much better than the last one. The tracks are much more varied this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

People into a slightly more emo sounding groove metal (like pantera) will like this. Theyre probably well known but ive only heard of them recently

One for the fans of Glam metal

(warning explicit language) mods delete if innapropriate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Evile are a great band. Easily my favourite out of the new Trash bands out there. The title track from the second album Infected Nations was released the other day

Its out September 21st :D

Another good new trash band are Warpath

Excellent, new Evile cd out soon, loving the new track & cant wait to get me hands on the new album. :cool:

I like the sound of Warpath, must check them out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Max Power1 wrote: »
    People into a slightly more emo sounding groove metal (like pantera) will like this. Theyre probably well known but ive only heard of them recently

One for the fans of Glam metal

(warning explicit language) mods delete if innapropriate
    I found that 5 finger death punch were savage live but there recorded music didnt have the same balls...Im awaiting there next album though to see what they throw out. They have potential for sure.

Excellent, new Evile cd out soon, loving the new track & cant wait to get me hands on the new album. :cool:

I like the sound of Warpath, must check them out. :D

If the new song is anything to go by its going to be one brilliant album. Can't stop listening to it. You can download it free from the Evile website. Well the labels website http://earache.com/infectednation/ :D
    The intro reminds me of Call of Ktulu :pac: :cool:

These guys are russian dudes called reign the absolute, Kinda a mix of sikth, with a bit more grove and unearth style vocals. The band isnt complete yet but there music is pretty tasty.

Evile are a great band. Easily my favourite out of the new Trash bands out there. The title track from the second album Infected Nations was released the other day

That new track is a bit on the crap side though.

The album art really reminds me of Sepultura's Arise album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

If the new song is anything to go by its going to be one brilliant album. Can't stop listening to it. You can download it free from the Evile website. Well the labels website http://earache.com/infectednation/ :D
    The intro reminds me of Call of Ktulu :pac: :cool:

I thought they were a 'boring Slayer knock-off' or something along those lines.;)

divine-heresy-bringer-of-plagues-2009.jpg

Been listening to these guys a bit.Good stuff.The Fear Factory influence is very evident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I know Evile have been mentioned already but this is just to say that they've posted another new song on their Myspace.

Here

Great song. Can't wait for the album. Both those songs for me are better then nearly everything on the first record

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

The new Municipal Waste should be out soon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvOG8UoyRQM

Speaking of fear factory influences, these guys remind me a bit of FF and there first album was produced by former fear factory bassist/guitarist Chrisian olde wolbers. There called threat signal and there canadian i believe:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

divine-heresy-bringer-of-plagues-2009.jpg

Been listening to these guys a bit.Good stuff.The Fear Factory influence is very evident.
    Funny that you linked a video from their first album while recommening their second one :). From what I've heard so far from Bringer of Plagues it hasn't really grabbed me but I did like the first album. The frenetic pace can be a bit hard to take at times.
    Patricide wrote: »
    Speaking of fear factory influences, these guys remind me a bit of FF and there first album was produced by former fear factory bassist/guitarist Chrisian olde wolbers. There called threat signal and there canadian i believe:
    I had a thread up recently about a project called Arkaea which features Christian, Raymond Herrera and the bass player and vocalist from Thread Signal. It's well worth checking out!

How did i miss that thread....o well nice one for the heads up, these guys are getting a listen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Awesome album, great Tech Death

Sounds like death, pretty cool!

• Advertisement

Advertisement