Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArmA II (PC)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Armed Assault 1 is a good game just get the patches for it and its in decent nick. But yeah booo for buggy games on release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Azza wrote: »
    Armed Assault 1 is a good game just get the patches for it and its in decent nick. But yeah booo for buggy games on release.

I enjoyed it, that is to the point where You had to be nightwatch man........in real time :eek: I waited hours and encountered a bug where nothing happened

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Eurogamer's Review is up. 8/10.

Short version: Brilliant but buggy. No real surprise there.

Still buying it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If its getting these scores while still being a buggy mess (havent read the reviews yet as im in work), then it must be pretty damn good. Looking forward to trying this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I dunno if I'll risk this. If I had the internet speed I'd probably pirate it to try it first but I don't fancy paying €33 for a buggy mess. I learnt my lesson from Empire: Total war.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

5uspect wrote: »

Ive downloaded it - trying to get the demo to install now! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

where did you d/l it from?
    demo i assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Seeing all this makes me wanna wip out arma 1 again cause I may as well play that and play arma2 in a years time when its less buggy. I'm not seeing anything about arma 2 thats not in 1 so far. Cept some better effects and animations which are probably horribly optimised and slow down my pc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

cianr wrote: »
    Ive downloaded it - trying to get the demo to install now! :rolleyes:

Sorry, I'm such a dope, I've downloaded the demo for the first one! :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Feck! GAME in galway say they wont release it until friday week. Is this the same for all other stores in Ireland? I read the EU release date was tomorow

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Krieg wrote: »
    Feck! GAME in galway say they wont release it until friday week. Is this the same for all other stores in Ireland? I read the EU release date was tomorow

Any1 know wheres selling this 2morro? If not im ordering online. I was thinking GAME would have this, anywhere else in Dublin that may have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Can anyone tell me whats better about this V Arma 1 in its current state?

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me whats better about this V Arma 1 in its current state?

AI is better, campaign is better and alot more slight graphical differences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jackalxx

so anyone know what retailer will be selling this around dublin/kildare, im guessing GAME in liffey valley might,they are good at having a load of pc games,im also gonna try smyths in naas and gamestop

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,177 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Jackalxx wrote: »
    so anyone know what retailer will be selling this around dublin/kildare, im guessing GAME in liffey valley might,they are good at having a load of pc games,im also gonna try smyths in naas and gamestop

Game should, they've had display boxes out for several weeks now.

This game is going to set me back 260 quid >_< God damn BIS why did they have to make such a technical game and pretty much nudge me into upgrading my GFX.

im sorted, i got a striker ii extreme mobo,
    core 2 quad 3.ghz not overclocked
    a geforce gtx 260
    2gb ddr3

runs crysis no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

Just like to mention a little review + youtube movie on fidgit.com
    http://fidgit.com/archives/2009/06/are_arma_iis_features_commonly.php

Not a big fan of the genre, but movie is impressive

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

To anyone wondering what the difference is between OpF/ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 or why it's worth putting up with bugs - here is the answer (below).

Click below and watch this from you tube, in HD and fullscreen. If you don't say to yourself at any point "Holy shiit this is amazing", then your gaming soul has died. Please report to Nintendo Wii immediately.

It's the grass

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

ive been a console gamer for years and recently got a proper pc for gaming
    i've been playing crysis aa3 beta
    postal2 demo and a few others and to be honest i cant wait for ARMA2 the only thing is i'm useless @ using the keyboard
    and i need to get a xbox360 controller to play on a pc SAD i know

any info on setting up a 360 controller would be great i have no idea how to do it ' do i configure my own controls for each game are is there default settings for shooters/driving/ fighting
    i have a serious amount of respect for you PC gamers that use the keyboard

i'm using a HP pc with nivedia graphics card if thats any help

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Believe me you will want to learn and get use to a keryboard and mouse. Its the best way of playing FPS games and that goes triple for Armed Assault games. Simply not enough buttons on a pad for a game like this.

Once you get use to a keyboard and mouse you will never want to go back to a joypad for FPS games.

Can't stress what I said above enough.

yeah its true,especially with of or arma, a keyboard is alot better, simply because theres so much buttons assigned to actions and commands etc

Maximilian wrote: »
    To anyone wondering what the difference is between OpF/ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 or why it's worth putting up with bugs - here is the answer (below).

Click below and watch this from you tube, in HD and fullscreen. If you don't say to yourself at any point "Holy shiit this is amazing", then your gaming soul has died. Please report to Nintendo Wii immediately.

It's the grass

i love how in that video the cats eyes on the back of their helmets actually glow in the dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Jackalxx wrote: »
    im sorted, i got a striker ii extreme mobo,
    core 2 quad 3.ghz not overclocked
    a geforce gtx 260
    2gb ddr3

runs crysis no bother

i wouldnt bank on it. Check the official arma forums, tons of people reporting that the max fps they can get is like 30 -35, regardless of how hardcore their rig is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

operation flashpoint 2 is out soon as well....its startrd the genre then the two companys split and bohemia mad the arma series

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

ive been a console gamer for years and recently got a proper pc for gaming
    i've been playing crysis aa3 beta
    postal2 demo and a few others and to be honest i cant wait for ARMA2 the only thing is i'm useless @ using the keyboard
    and i need to get a xbox360 controller to play on a pc SAD i know

any info on setting up a 360 controller would be great i have no idea how to do it ' do i configure my own controls for each game are is there default settings for shooters/driving/ fighting
    i have a serious amount of respect for you PC gamers that use the keyboard

i'm using a HP pc with nivedia graphics card if thats any help
    You can buy xbox 360 controllers for PC's in pretty much any computer store, I think. It'll depend on the game, if you have to set up the controller or not. You'll find that a lot of games are set up for xbox controller anyway. Others, you'll have to go into the games settings and see if you can set it up there. But as said before, it'll be worth the effort to get used to a mouse and keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Just bought arma 2 in GAME for 35euro. :D
    Will report back with my FPS etc.

Advertisement