Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ArmA II (PC)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

kenon wrote: »
    Is it completely unplayable? I would of thought you would of been able to get it running with that, with the settings toned down a bit.

I have turned everything down and seems ok - ish. Now it is just like OFP - went on multiplayer and seemed ok - was gunner in a helicopter taken down by friendly fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

rordeb wrote: »
    I have turned everything down and seems ok - ish. Now it is just like OFP - went on multiplayer and seemed ok - was gunner in a helicopter taken down by friendly fire!

I played the original OFP again on max settings a few weeks ago but graphically it was very much out of date.

You should get fraps and keep an eye on the frames per second and keep tweaking the settings up until you start to notice stalls, frame rate drops etc.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

ScumLord wrote: »
    From what I've read ARMA2 is a cpu intensive game and a quad core cpu is preferable. I plan to get a quad core soon enough. I currently have a dual core and it runs ok no serious slowdown.

The developers themselves recommend a Quad Core CPU - even over a decent dual core.

Advertisement