Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad weekend for dance music

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 130dee

A friend of Gers, the lads from Fun FM invited me to the station for the tribute night.... they did an amazing set, playing all his favorite tunes from right back in the day to present time. Telling me stories that I have never heard before and had me laughing for hours... Lee, Mellow D, Dano and Al Byrne, he would have been blown away by your praise, and all the people that were texting in their love. He will never be forgotten and I know that he wont be far away whenever you drop one of his tunes into your shows... Thanks a bunch.

I am also from Cabra, and although I never met Bippa, when I was there at the weekend, I was told of the tradegy, and much love is sent to his poor mother, it will take alot of effort from friends and family and alot of time for her to reach anything near normality again, but Cabra is the place where she can definately count on neighbours to rally round.... I am very sorry for your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 electroma

Fair play Dee,
    we were delighted to have you and heller there, great to burn the ears of someone who'll listen haha. texts were flying in all night, Ger would of been chuffed!

the futures looking bright ye gotta wear shades icon6.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fiona

130dee wrote: »

I am also from Cabra, and although I never met Bippa, when I was there at the weekend, I was told of the tradegy, and much love is sent to his poor mother, it will take alot of effort from friends and family and alot of time for her to reach anything near normality again, but Cabra is the place where she can definately count on neighbours to rally round.... I am very sorry for your loss.

I second that, just had Bippa's dad in my house he called up for a cuppa (my brother in law) and he said everybody is really rallying around his mother, a reall community down there in Cabra by the sounds of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

This lad dying has really hit me deep,although I only knew him to see and say hello to,we did share an obsession for oldskool tunes,and Im sure if we had of know each other better we would have been buddies,I recently moved back to Cabra,I grew up there,but always hated the place and never gave the place anytime,never associated with the area,was always kind of ashamed to have been from there,so have been living elsewhere for past few years,but as of lately,I have had my son,and I want to bring him up somewhere with a good community and friendly people,and I realise now what a gem Cabra is,so Ive moved back home,Bippas death had such a huge effect on the area,its amazing to see how everyone is so deeply affected by this lad dying,I know this is nothing do with dance music,but it amazing how music can bring us together and help us cope with loss,this tune is case in point :cool:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=715ad58b0817b24908f8df73f2072ed6e04e75f6e8ebb871

hey raver what song is it I can't get into that website :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

mrs crilly wrote: »
    hey raver what song is it I can't get into that website :(

Alright Mrs Crilly

It's this tune here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qca4ARdRaOs

And Great Choice Of Tunes Ro i must say Love this one.......

Very Appropriate Too.....

Its not a song I have heard before but it's very fitting for the occasion xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Don't mean to drag up an old thread, just thought i should mention that i saw "RIP Bippa" written on a wall outside Dalymount Park this evening- thought it was a nice gesture if he was a Bohs supporter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Don't mean to drag up an old thread, just thought i should mention that i saw "RIP Bippa" written on a wall outside Dalymount Park this evening- thought it was a nice gesture if he was a Bohs supporter.
    Bohs were unlucky tonight alright i was in Salzburg for the first leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

I love me dance classics, and if there was a tune I couldn't find , bippa would have it .
    R.I.P

• Advertisement

ah that's nice xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

was actually playing my PS3 for the first time in months recently and he's still there. Also observed some of his handy work while waiting for the train at Broombridge the other day :D

:pac:

Hey Lads

I just wanted to let you know that today Bippa's ashes were buried alongside his Grandparents in Glasnevin, he has reached his final resting place, and just for some good luck, I noticed that one of his friends put a cd into the soil, I am sure it was full of Old Skool :)

RIP Bippa xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

Sad state of affairs...RIP

Advertisement