Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad weekend for dance music

Options
  • 02-06-2009 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Its been a sad weekend for dance music,two very different people from different spectrums have died in very different tragic circumstances,firstly meastro Ger Bryne passed away from what I am told was a battle with cancer,I never knew the man,but I seen him live afew times and listened to a mix or two of his from time to time,and most of you wont know him,but a young lad of 18 from Cabra died tragically in an accident on the 29th,he posted here the odd time,his name was Stephen Young but he was known as Bippa,he wasnt a DJ or anyone important,but he loved his dance music and had a passion for oldskool and classics,he almost had an a-z enclopedic knowledge of tunes,a true raver,a sad weekend for dance music.RIP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

my granny knew everything there was to know about tennis and wimbledon in particular but i wouldnt class it as a sad day for the tennis world when she passed away.

anyones death is sad. particlarly that of a young person.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mango1888

was that the young fella from cabra that drowned on friday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

mango1888 wrote: »
    was that the young fella from cabra that drowned on friday night?

Yeah thats him

jesus that was heartbraking

was on a&e in blanch friday night and all his family were there outside crying and all.

awful shame

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    ...his name was Stephen Young but he was known as Bippa,he wasnt a DJ or anyone important

Thats a bit harsh, just because he wasn't some famous DJ doesn't make his life mean any less...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Thats a bit harsh, just because he wasn't some famous DJ doesn't make his life mean any less...

I think RaverRo is fully aware of that he just posted that in case some smart
    cu*t came on and started saying otherwise.

I'm from Cabra but didn't know the lad myself but tragic news,RIP to the 2 lads.

Thats a bit harsh, just because he wasn't some famous DJ doesn't make his life mean any less

leave it you know what he meant.
    to be honest i'd drop the whole thing.
    r.i.p. to the 2 fellas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

My mate had told me about this but didn't hear anything more until this evening on the various forums.

I liked Bippa. Only through brief online chats and loved his post on another forum of what he found when he googled his username. Anyone remember that? Linked back to some chav name talk on this site actually... He was a nice good-hearted lad from what I could tell from my dealings with him.

It's an awful shame and I live literally one minute from where this happened too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Heard about this earlier on ,very sad indeed.
    R.I.P the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

He is my husband's nephew, was down the hospital on Friday night, very sad but comforting to know that he was well liked my many people :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

mrs crilly wrote: »
    He is my husband's nephew, was down the hospital on Friday night, very sad but comforting to know that he was well liked my many people :(

Condolences to you and the family.

Thanks Vinyl, he has a tribute page on bebo if anybody would like to look at it:

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=9369696010

Just amazing how many people have viewed it in such a short space of time, he defo seemed to be the life and soul of the party, I am with my husband just under 5 years and have only met Stephen a couple of times but he was a gas youngfella.

Such a shame the good ones never deserve to leave this world so tragically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Thanks Vinyl, he has a tribute page on bebo if anybody would like to look at it:

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=9369696010

Just amazing how many people have viewed it in such a short space of time, he defo seemed to be the life and soul of the party, I am with my husband just under 5 years and have only met Stephen a couple of times but he was a gas youngfella.

Such a shame the good ones never deserve to leave this world so tragically.

Couldn't agree with you more, he was a gas lad, very good hearted,

I know for a fact i would be online having a laugh with him now, Very Tragic circumstances,

I will definitely be paying my respects to Stephen tomorrow, and may he Rest In Peace.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisaeire

I heard of Bippa's taste in music through a friend and when i found him on Bebo, it turned out he was a good mate of Damien who in fact was a son of my friend! He is a true legend for dance music and was well liked and respected! i am sorry i can't be at the Church of the most Precious Blood this evening, but my thoughts and prayers will be with his family and friends at this sad time!! Lisa

Luke G wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with you more, he was a gas lad, very good hearted,

I know for a fact i would be online having a laugh with him now, Very Tragic circumstances,

I will definitely be paying my respects to Stephen tomorrow, and may he Rest In Peace.......

Hi Luke

Are you the fella that emailed Anthony about the funeral arrangements?

Hi Luke

Are you the fella that emailed Anthony about the funeral arrangements?

Yes on facebook, i sure am

God it's a small world eh? See ya later on :(

God it's a small world eh? See ya later on :(

Sound, gonna head over now shortly, just back from the canal, left him nice flowers and a card..

Rest In Peace Stephen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

I trying to get off work for funeral,I only live round corner,I didnt know lad well but would like pay respects,be interesting to see what his send off tune will be,something housey and bouncey no doubt:rolleyes:

Anyway it so sad,been thinking bout it all weekend and week RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    I trying to get off work for funeral,I only live round corner,I didnt know lad well but would like pay respects,be interesting to see what his send off tune will be,something housey and bouncey no doubt:rolleyes:

Anyway it so sad,been thinking bout it all weekend and week RIP

Think it might be this for the tune:

went around there a half an hour or so ago on my way home to pay respects. Some lovely messages there too.

R.I.P.

• Advertisement

Good choice of song;)

Removal went well lads, his friends did him very proud walked with heads high like strong young men.

Jay D wrote: »

went around there a half an hour or so ago on my way home to pay respects. Some lovely messages there too.

R.I.P.

Hi Jay, That was a lovely message on the record if that was you, Had tears in my eyes looking at it..

You'll get plenty of good luck for that, Good on ya mate.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gmcgrath

Not ususally on this forum but when i seen the page i had to register ...
    Rest in peace Stephen ... god give strenght to his family and friends to get through this sad time ... you will never be forgotten in our house .. your neighbours McGraths...

Funeral passed off well today lads, he is now gone up to the big rave in the sky ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Very sad news, I didn't know the guy but awful to hear of a life being cut short like that. Thoughts to family and friends.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 electroma

ger byrne was one of dublins best loved pirate dj's and one of my best mates. last sunday he sadly lost his lengthy battle with cancer.
    there was dj's at his funeral from most of the dublin pirates over the years but many were from a station ger owned a couple of years ago called fun fm. the lads sent him off in style, the way he deserved. he is survived by wife tasha and kids ryan breanna and josh.

he had a great ear for tunes and had some of the best tunes you'd hear,
    sat nite between 8-late some of ger's friends will be spinning some of his music on crash fm 107.1 in honour of a great friend and dj.

r.i.p ger
    r.i.p bippa

Sorry to hear about your loss electroma xx

ps love crash fm only station I can get in Ashbourne!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

very sad to hear about these tragic deaths.

good to see a love of music bring people together like this, even in tragic circumstances.

RIP Bippa
    RIP Ger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Jay D wrote: »

R.I.P.

That's one of the all time greatest House music tunes ever,amazing tune still gets played out today.

again my condolonces to the family and friends of the 2 lads..RIP.

• Advertisement

Good to hear Ger's went well, really nice chap, he aint in pain suffering anymore...

Rest in peace Lads

Advertisement