We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

The Accommodation Thread (all accommodation available & Q's in here)

1235»

Comments

  • #2


    Sinny2 wrote: »
    still here since 11 this morning! There is actually nowhere to rent :( cant find anywhere and talkin to the locals rockfield had got an absolutely horrible reputation nd it even looks lyk not a very nice place

    Uh oh. Don't think any of us can be too picky at the moment.. Hardship


  • #2


    BahSheep wrote: »
    Uh oh. Don't think any of us can be too picky at the moment.. Hardship
    stressful :/ there is lovely double rooms available in college manor and thats a lovely place


  • #2


    Secured a single bedroom in Rockfield Manor myself today. Delighted! Best of luck to everyone else.


  • #2


    Got a house sorted today in College Heights. Not the best location but it'll do and it's better than the apartments!


  • #2


    Got a place sorted abit far away from the college but only 10 minute drive so happy out :)


  • #2


    Duff wrote: »
    Got a house sorted today in College Heights. Not the best location but it'll do and it's better than the apartments!

    And college heights didnt seem the worst :) i was there yesterday and was better than alot of places i was :)


  • #2


    Sinny2 wrote: »
    And college heights didnt seem the worst :) i was there yesterday and was better than alot of places i was :)

    It'll do the job. Only there until January anyway and then I'll be on placement.:P


  • #2


    Duff wrote: »
    It'll do the job. Only there until January anyway and then I'll be on placement.:P

    What course you doing ? :)


  • #2


    Health Promotion & Physical Activity :D Yourself?


  • #2


    Duff wrote: »
    Health Promotion & Physical Activity :D Yourself?

    Ah deadly we will have some classes together and in the same building :D im psych nursing :) did you visit the college? The nursing building is class and its where all nursing and health courses are :)


  • #2


    Sinny2 wrote: »
    Ah deadly we will have some classes together and in the same building :D im psych nursing :) did you visit the college? The nursing building is class and its where all nursing and health courses are :)

    Ha, no I'm heading into third year! Assume you're heading into first? It's a grand college, you'll love it! :)


  • #2


    Duff wrote: »
    Ha, no I'm heading into third year! Assume you're heading into first? It's a grand college, you'll love it! :)

    Ah sugar i forgot you already told me dat ! :D hope so anyway, im coming from wexford i was gona try dublin but its jus ridiculous expensive so decided to go that bit further :)


  • #2


    Sinny2 wrote: »
    Ah sugar i forgot you already told me dat ! :D hope so anyway, im coming from wexford i was gona try dublin but its jus ridiculous expensive so decided to go that bit further :)

    Haha, no worries. Yeah, Dublin is a joke, some of my mates are paying 100 before bills per week!:eek: You get a house sorted?


  • #2


    Ok so I'm in a bit of a pickle currently, had a place sorted until a week or so ago (it was the same place I'm staying last year) until I was told they wouldn't be able to rent out the house again next year. (after 3 months of me being content that I didn't have to worry about being in a mad rush for accommodation like last year :/) Now I'm in a situation where I know that there's limited places especially for someone who's on his own looking for a room to rent. Not many single rooms will be available and land lords/ladies are constantly looking for at the very least 2 people going into a house to rent as opposed to just a one person moving in with strangers. So I was wondering if there was anyone else finding it hard and are on their looking for a place, on here. Basically because I think it'd be easier if there was more than one person looking to get somewhere to stay, landlords would be far more open to that and it'd be far easier to find a place. PS, am in 3rd year and I'm pretty easy to live with.

    Barring that if there's anyone who knows any places that are looking for people (individuals or otherwise) if they could help me out that'd be great. Or if there's people already in house with places still available that'd be great too, thanks!


  • #2


    OisinS94 wrote: »
    Ok so I'm in a bit of a pickle currently, had a place sorted until a week or so ago (it was the same place I'm staying last year) until I was told they wouldn't be able to rent out the house again next year. (after 3 months of me being content that I didn't have to worry about being in a mad rush for accommodation like last year :/) Now I'm in a situation where I know that there's limited places especially for someone who's on his own looking for a room to rent. Not many single rooms will be available and land lords/ladies are constantly looking for at the very least 2 people going into a house to rent as opposed to just a one person moving in with strangers. So I was wondering if there was anyone else finding it hard and are on their looking for a place, on here. Basically because I think it'd be easier if there was more than one person looking to get somewhere to stay, landlords would be far more open to that and it'd be far easier to find a place. PS, am in 3rd year and I'm pretty easy to live with.

    Barring that if there's anyone who knows any places that are looking for people (individuals or otherwise) if they could help me out that'd be great. Or if there's people already in house with places still available that'd be great too, thanks!


    Hi, I'm going into first year and trying to get accomadation sorted very quick aswel?!


  • #2


    BahSheep wrote: »
    Hey did you head up today after all? Any luck with finding anything? I'm happy to share with anyone who's looking to house share. If there's 3 or 4 people on this we could all go in together if anyone would be interested. Sick of ringing and emailing at this stage. Going up next Monday to look at houses.

    Hey, I'm heading into first year and won't make it up until next Monday as well. Did you get a place sorted??:)


  • #2


    Duff wrote: »
    Haha, no worries. Yeah, Dublin is a joke, some of my mates are paying 100 before bills per week!:eek: You get a house sorted?

    I was just up paying a deposit on a place in glenwood , happy out :D lads i have a number of a fella i was spposed to be viewing a house with today if anyone wants it. One room left at 70e a week which includes wifi and bins. About 15 minute walk from dkit


  • #2


    Sinny2 wrote: »
    I was just up paying a deposit on a place in glenwood , happy out :D lads i have a number of a fella i was spposed to be viewing a house with today if anyone wants it. One room left at 70e a week which includes wifi and bins. About 15 minute walk from dkit

    Can you forward me number please? What's the estate called?:)


  • #2


    KOB19 wrote: »
    Can you forward me number please? What's the estate called?:)

    Its Holly Park, Bay Estate

    http://www.daft.ie/sharing/holly-park-bay-estate-dundalk-louth/748143/

    I was only talkin to him today and he still has a room left :)
    It says double room but its like single room with double bed


  • #2


    Has anyone got any numbers of landlords for rockfield, college manor or college heights? I'm really stuck guys :(


  • #2


    Hey guys,

    I've found an apartment above the Mace just down the road from the college. The landlord hasn't posted it online yet and only stumbled upon it by accident so I'm trying to find people to move in with before he decides to post it. It's a 4 room apartment, with 2 double bed en suites (which I think he said were 70 a week), a double bed (which was 60) and then one more room with a double bed and a single (which I think he said was 60 each as well). He said it was 300 a month between however many people and then the extra 20 a month would go towards internet and bills. It would cover the internet but not the entirety of the bills but it would go towards them anyway. So if you guys know anybody still looking let me know because this bussing up and down is slowly killing me and it's only the first week :L


  • #2


    Hey guys,

    I've found an apartment above the Mace just down the road from the college. The landlord hasn't posted it online yet and only stumbled upon it by accident so I'm trying to find people to move in with before he decides to post it. It's a 4 room apartment, with 2 double bed en suites (which I think he said were 70 a week), a double bed (which was 60) and then one more room with a double bed and a single (which I think he said was 60 each as well). He said it was 300 a week between however many people and then the extra 20 a month would go towards internet and bills. It would cover the internet but not the entirety of the bills but it would go towards them anyway. So if you guys know anybody still looking let me know because this bussing up and down is slowly killing me and it's only the first week :L


  • #2


    Hawkeye182 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

    I've found an apartment above the Mace just down the road from the college. The landlord hasn't posted it online yet and only stumbled upon it by accident so I'm trying to find people to move in with before he decides to post it. It's a 4 room apartment, with 2 double bed en suites (which I think he said were 70 a week), a double bed (which was 60) and then one more room with a double bed and a single (which I think he said was 60 each as well). He said it was 300 a week between however many people and then the extra 20 a month would go towards internet and bills. It would cover the internet but not the entirety of the bills but it would go towards them anyway. So if you guys know anybody still looking let me know because this bussing up and down is slowly killing me and it's only the first week :L


    Hi mate! I'd probably be interested in this! Have been going mental the past few weeks trying to find a place, haha. I'd probably be only able to take one of the 60 a week rooms though as 65 a week is kind of my limit. Kind of a bit lost though about 300 a week bit, does that mean if there was only 2 people living there they'd have to pay 150 a week no matter what happens? But yeah I'm definitely interested, have contacted one or two others places but neither really suite me overly much, not as much as this would anyways :)


  • #2


    Hey guys,

    I'm looking for a room but finding it very difficult, any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance :)


  • #2


    I'll be looking for a room from the first week of January til the middle of March if anyone can recommend a place, I'm up doing phase 6 of my apprenticeship in motor mechanics... I was given a list but God knows who or what the places are like, not into B&B's I'd rather share with people my own age than a family I don't know...

    Cheers


Society & Culture