Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Accommodation Thread (all accommodation available & Q's in here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BahSheep

Sinny2 wrote: »
    I sure will :) hopefully i will find something decent.. I jus wana try get up before it gets crazy busy with lc students. What is your budget for rent if you dont mind me askin :)

Obviously the cheaper the better myself but I pay 375 monthly where I am at the moment. If I was paying around 75-85 a week that's probably what I'd expect. Best of luck in finding something, if nothing comes up keep me in mind because I'll be up there the weekend coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

BahSheep wrote: »
    Obviously the cheaper the better myself but I pay 375 monthly where I am at the moment. If I was paying around 75-85 a week that's probably what I'd expect. Best of luck in finding something, if nothing comes up keep me in mind because I'll be up there the weekend coming.

Yeah i defo will! :) thats what im kinda expectin to pay too so will defo keep you in mind when looking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Myself and 3 of my mates are having an awful time trying to find decent house. Looks like the campus apartments are our only option and they're a complete rip off for what they are.

Duff wrote: »
    Myself and 3 of my mates are having an awful time trying to find decent house. Looks like the campus apartments are our only option and they're a complete rip off for what they are.

Can i ask wat is your budget? I was talkin to someone today that has a lovely house but wont rent just rooms, needs the whole house rented. What course and year are you's? The campus apartments are a total rip off all right and not even decent

Can i ask wat is your budget? I was talkin to someone today that has a lovely house but wont rent just rooms, needs the whole house rented. What course and year are you's? The campus apartments are a total rip off all right and not even decent

Budget would be €70-80 or so per week. Oh really? Where was the house? We're 3rd years in the Health & Physical Activity course.

• Advertisement

Budget would be €70-80 or so per week. Oh really? Where was the house? We're 3rd years in the Health & Physical Activity course.

I'll post a link to it now in a min.. Its 85 thou per week, includes all bills he just cant find students to take a twin room well thats what he said anyway

Thanks, I'll show it to my friends. Don't think they'd wanna share the twin room either, though.

Thanks, I'll show it to my friends. Don't think they'd wanna share the twin room either, though.

No probs, ya same here and he charges the same for the twin room :/

No probs, ya same here and he charges the same for the twin room :/

Yeah, that's a bit of a pain in the arse alright. We can't really afford to be fussy at this stage though 'cus we really don't wanna end up in the apartments..

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's a bit of a pain in the arse alright. We can't really afford to be fussy at this stage though 'cus we really don't wanna end up in the apartments..

Im tryna go up as soon as i can to get something sorted, i rang another fella there and he sounds really decent, if i hear of anything i will let ya's know

Im tryna go up as soon as i can to get something sorted, i rang another fella there and he sounds really decent, if i hear of anything i will let ya's know

Hey did you head up today after all? Any luck with finding anything? I'm happy to share with anyone who's looking to house share. If there's 3 or 4 people on this we could all go in together if anyone would be interested. Sick of ringing and emailing at this stage. Going up next Monday to look at houses.

Hey did you head up today after all? Any luck with finding anything? I'm happy to share with anyone who's looking to house share. If there's 3 or 4 people on this we could all go in together if anyone would be interested. Sick of ringing and emailing at this stage. Going up next Monday to look at houses.

I am having no luck what so ever. Didnt go today but been ringing everyone :/ i would be more than happy for a group of us to arrange to all go together

I am having no luck what so ever. Didnt go today but been ringing everyone :/ i would be more than happy for a group of us to arrange to all go together

You said there was four bed houses? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

Interested in this. Shame he wants a full group.

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Interested in this. Shame he wants a full group.

Well theres six beds altogether, 2 single and 2 twin.. If dars six of is willing to rent it? Im blue in the face of ringing so getting in the car nd going early tomorrow for definite nd going and ringing people when im there

Well theres six beds altogether, 2 single and 2 twin.. If dars six of is willing to rent it? Im blue in the face of ringing so getting in the car nd going early tomorrow for definite nd going and ringing people when im there

I'm in anyway

I'm in anyway

I'm in :)

I was talking to this guy aswell :) he was really nice, has a few places in Dundalk.. It says there's one current occupant so I wonder which room is gone or is that wrong?

I was talking to this guy aswell :) he was really nice, has a few places in Dundalk.. It says there's one current occupant so I wonder which room is gone or is that wrong?

When i rang him he just told me he cant get anyone to take the twin rooms ... I was talkin to another lady today and she was lovely but only has a twin room ensuite... 275 a month including all bills.. Would anyone be interested? She did sound really nice but anyway shud have a good bit of info after tomoro :)

• Advertisement

When i rang him he just told me he cant get anyone to take the twin rooms ... I was talkin to another lady today and she was lovely but only has a twin room ensuite... 275 a month including all bills.. Would anyone be interested? She did sound really nice but anyway shud have a good bit of info after tomoro :)

I'd share an ensuite twin with a girl except that means neither of us are gonna get any sort of action for a year hahahaha ah no I'm joking... Are any of ye on Facebook by any chance? 275 a month each? Do u know where it is in dundalk?

So many places that are only looking for groups of people. Incredibly annoying as an incoming 1st year student. I'll be lucky if I don't end up living in the DKIT library :V

I'd share an ensuite twin with a girl except that means neither of us are gonna get any sort of action for a year hahahaha ah no I'm joking... Are any of ye on Facebook by any chance? 275 a month each? Do u know where it is in dundalk?

Ya its in rockfield and 275 each.. Theres 4 lads already in the house ;) no im not on facebook thou probably the only person in the country :p

So many places that are only looking for groups of people. Incredibly annoying as an incoming 1st year student. I'll be lucky if I don't end up living in the DKIT library :V

Im looking at a house tomorrow mornin that has 2 single rooms available one at 65 and one at 70 but doesnt include any bills apart from bins... If its decent i'll let you know, im also looking at a different place that has 4 rooms available if it didnt go between this morning and tomorrow morning and both are ok with first years

Ya its in rockfield and 275 each.. Theres 4 lads already in the house ;) no im not on facebook thou probably the only person in the country :p

Ha ha ha that's not even 70e a week each. Not bad atal atal. Oh would depend on the lads. Dont know if I'd cope living with slob 18 year old lads ha ha

Ha ha ha that's not even 70e a week each. Not bad atal atal. Oh would depend on the lads. Dont know if I'd cope living with slob 18 year old lads ha ha

Well there all in second or third yr she said so you would hope they'd be mature abit ha.. Ya she was charging that for single rooms as well but they were gone :(

Well there all in second or third yr she said so you would hope they'd be mature abit ha.. Ya she was charging that for single rooms as well but they were gone :(

If you're going to view that place tomorrow let me know how it goes please :)

If you're going to view that place tomorrow let me know how it goes please :)

Yeah sure, im really looking for a single room but if the house is upto the standard she says it is and for that rent i might as well take a look when im there :)

Yeah sure, im really looking for a single room but if the house is upto the standard she says it is and for that rent i might as well take a look when im there :)

How did you do today?

• Advertisement

How did you do today?
    still here since 11 this morning! There is actually nowhere to rent :( cant find anywhere and talkin to the locals rockfield had got an absolutely horrible reputation nd it even looks lyk not a very nice place

Advertisement