Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims 3

Options
  • 02-06-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Suprised there is no thread on this already, Sims3 due for release on friday. Anyone have an early copy or know of any where selling it before the release date....??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You might get a Tesco store selling it on the Thursday. They sometimes do that for new titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

It's been leaked on the internet for like 3 weeks -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Every 10 year old girl in the world is going to buy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If they make as big of a leap with this as they did when going from 1 to 2 it will be a great game. Unfortunately, they milk the expansion side a little too much...Trailers look interesting - a lot of scope.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

I get stupid over the Sims :D

I never got any of the expansion packs for Sims 2 cos I dunno, they cost so much and they keep rolling them out and it's like g'way Maxis leave us alone...

Sims 3 looks good though, I like the idea of the new personality stuff and the open plan town (I work in a game shop so I'm supposed to know this stuff - not wierd honestly:p)

Don't think we're gonna be selling it early...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Just on to Tesco in Drogheda, they said they usually release them at midnight but Sims 3 didnt come in on the delivery today so will be sometime tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

Any one got it yet??? Whats it like?

Im in hungary at the moment and its been on sale here a few days already...costs €60, wondering if im better off getting it here or at home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

€60? That's pretty steep, though I'd imagine it's more expensive here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

no way pc games are never 60 - probably be 49

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I had it delivered this morning. Haven't got chance to play it yet, but it looks brilliant from looking at the manual!

• Advertisement

I'm playing it at the moment (don't judge me!!!!), and I'm loving it. There's some bizarre elements to it and some really hilarious elements too. It's a big improvement on the original games.

ooh whats it like!?!

How does it compare to sims 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

ashlingm wrote: »
    Any one got it yet??? Whats it like?

Im in hungary at the moment and its been on sale here a few days already...costs €60, wondering if im better off getting it here or at home?

As far as I know the collectors edition is €50 in Smyths. That includes a free 2GB USB flash drive and some extra content.

stev2604 wrote: »
    As far as I know the collectors edition is €50 in Smyths. That includes a free 2GB USB flash drive and some extra content.

OK so i wont buy it over here then ...going to check i got the price right later - but im pretty sure I did. Im here for another month...soo loking forward to getting back to ireland now :P

Thanks for telling me bout the price :)

ooh whats it like!?!

How does it compare to sims 2?
    As I said, it's a big improvement. Being able to walk anywhere in the town makes it a lot more imersive, and the interactions with your neighbours can be quite funny. There's lots of little things that you notice as you play, like the fact that you can leave your job and go home during the day (handy when you set the kitchen on fire), or being able to hack computers to gain a bit of extra income.

There's a bit of a problem with time though. Time moves more slowly, but it still takes ages to do something. For example, when you get up for work you have a choice between eating or showering as there's no time for both. But so far, that's been the only thing that really annoyed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

The USB key looks deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

OK so i wont buy it over here then ...going to check i got the price right later - but im pretty sure I did. Im here for another month...soo loking forward to getting back to ireland now :P

Thanks for telling me bout the price :)

It's 44.99 for the Collector's Edition in GameStop.

I got it yesterday, it think it's great! There are a few things I'm not into (the time being so slow and when they're all asleep even the ultra fast speed is like...bleurgh) but mostly I'm all over it. Especially the sim creator it's fun!

*nerds out over sims*

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Just been playing it there and it looks great. Gameplay is slow due to the massive town in view but quick graphic changes help that. Customizing is brilliant and so far the only thing that bothers me as well is the time. Especially with sleeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Never really played Sims before but picked this up on a whim yesterday. Next time I looked at the clock it was 5am and fully bright, so I went to bed and tried not to wake the missus. Completely addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LEH

€60 for Sims 3???? I got it on play.com for €39... still hasn't arrived yet, was hoping it would come yesterday, but at least one more weekend sims 3 free :mad:

Can't wait to play it, heard that time doesn't suspend for other characters when you are playing with just the one character. Was always annoying when your Sim grew up but all their other friends stayed the same age unless you played them. On another note, just realised I've been playing Sims for almost ten years now! Got hooked while on French exchange in 2000... my OH considers himself a Sims widower :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

It's slightly annoying that you can't really change the town though...in the Sims 2 you had loads of different ones to choose from, and you could built any type of community lot you wanted. Now it's restricted to the types they have set really.

Also, where's the piano? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Whew thought the time thing was just my computer! Hopefully they fix it in the first expansion pack. It's really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Anyone experiencing lots of crashes with this? I don't have any issues with requirements and everything runs very smoothly but I often crash particularly in build mode. Incredibly frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I got home from work and played until 5am as well. Been playing all day today too. Addictive!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

sims>sims 3>sims 2

very good game.

Newaglish wrote: »
    Anyone experiencing lots of crashes with this? I don't have any issues with requirements and everything runs very smoothly but I often crash particularly in build mode. Incredibly frustrating
    Yeah, it's crashing a lot for me. It also keeps telling me I don't have a legitimate copy even though they were happy to accept my serial no on their registration site. I can only assume a patch will be out soon, so hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Tesco, XtraVision, Smyths & Gamestop sold out in Sligo.

What does a guy have to do to get his Sims 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Has anyone else had problems getting a laptop/pc with high enough spec to play it?
    I'm raging, I only just bought a laptop & it has all the correct spec except the cpu (its only 2ghz).
    The cheapest laptops I can find with 2.4+ ghz is about a grand.
    Wouldnt mind but I bought the game on Friday, so annoying having it to hand but not being able to play it!!:mad:

Has anyone else had problems getting a laptop/pc with high enough spec to play it?
    I'm raging, I only just bought a laptop & it has all the correct spec except the cpu (its only 2ghz).
    The cheapest laptops I can find with 2.4+ ghz is about a grand.
    Wouldnt mind but I bought the game on Friday, so annoying having it to hand but not being able to play it!!:mad:

Chances are your CPU is fine. It's the graphics chip that will hold you back as I mentioned previously, you'd really want a machine with dedicated graphics like the NVIDIA 9600GT or ATI 3650.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Sim's 3 was €39.99 in Xtra-vision last night.

I was considering picking it up, but I think I'll definiitely check the specs of this laptop before doing it.

Advertisement