Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Match thread ** Tue 2/6 20:15 WES2 Boardeaux Vs Ketamine Rovers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

what about our own little lionel messi upfront.our little forward was winning everything up there.giving your back four the run around all night.best player by far on the night.smallest lad on the pitch winning everything.your lads didnt have the minerals to keep up with him.

This made me laugh out loud. You scored from a penalty. One shot on target in the rest of the game. Your lads up front were decent but we owned you the whole game :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    This made me laugh out loud. You scored from a penalty. One shot on target in the rest of the game. Your lads up front were decent but we owned you the whole game :cool:

The little red head lad.. Bullet... Reminds me the The black eyed peas new song... "stepping on leprechauns..."

Rasher was his name. Mmmm, rahsers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

First and foremost.ketamine rovers are gonna be challenging for top spot this season.boooommmm.in our debut season the lads are gonna do everything in there power to win this league.not just for us but for the supporters that are up every week cheering the lads on.through thick or thin.sunshine or rain.there's always a good level of support.fair play lads.keep up the good work.id say every team in this league would love the support ketamine have.you can see teams cracking under the preasure of the 12th man.but's that football.it happens everywhere.plus our lads get some stick if a shot goes wide so there's a little bit of preasure on our lads aswel.

As ketamine rovers are a local team,every match is a home game for us.we will always have supporters to cheer on the local team.eventually formed in 2009 ketamine rovers will be here for the forseeable future.the lads came up with the name when stuck in ket corner in ibiza last year.

collie-best player on the pitch..........BEHAVE YOURSELF

what about our own little lionel messi upfront.our little forward was winning everything up there.giving your back four the run around all night.best player by far on the night.smallest lad on the pitch winning everything.your lads didnt have the minerals to keep up with him.

well anyway.it was a great game and you never know.it might just go down to the last game of the season.would be a great finish to the season.

GO ON THE KETAMINE ROVERS............GET AMONGST IT.............

Well played fella and thanks for posting, good to know about the background to your team and the name. Great spirit there and good to know it was founded from a bunch of mates. Don't doubt for a minute that Ketamine will be challenging for the title but if you aren't acknowleding that it'll Boardeaux up there fighting for it, then fire ahead cos that can only work to our advantage ;)

Nothing out of order has been posted on here but we all know the way these things go so let's keep it decent, lads have a tendency to type more direct things on the web than they'd say in person and our lads don't know each other outside of this forum so while Ketamine can probably go on about the matches when they see the lads at the weekend or whatever, this is our only spot to do it, so let's none of us overreact to anything on here, both teams will do their real talking on the pitch.

It's all only a bit of banter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ketamine rovers

Fair enough we scored from a peno.but there was no denying it.your player was like pique in the semi final.so blatant.but its all about composure.we hit the back of the net.seen one of your lads miss a peno two weeks ago from about seven yards out.could all come down to goal difference at the end of season.should be putting them away.and what about your goal.not taking anything away from the goal scorer.cracking goal.but your goal came from a hop ball which most of our players and some of the supporters said the ref through it straight to your players foot.didnt think the ref had a good game at all but thats life.you just have to get on with it.it always was gonna be a tough game for the ref.

You owned us for the whole match.dont think so buddy.not from were i was standing.we were increasing the preasure throughout the whole game.i say your lads were blessing themselves when you's were saved from the bar in the last few mins.

The league is gonna be tight alrite which is good.looks like three teams will be battling it out.for now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 casiof91w

Great game of ball the other night proud of the lads worked up a good Ket Sweat. I was one of the more vocal lads on the sideline and I have to apologise for the unsporting behaviour I was involved in namely abusing the number six :D

GO ON THE KETAMINE

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

First Of Fair Play To Casio
    There is nothing wrong with a bit of support for your local team
    I would also like to say that the game the other night was possibly the toughest i have played in since i joined boards.I feel that the two best teams in the league at the moment played out a great game, It was a great battle in the middle of the park between Collie and Lad that scored the peno for Ketamine. Possibly the two best players on the pitch on the night. I feel that the Ketamine Keeper Made two very Good saves in the first half to deny Art and Feel I made two Very good saves in the second half. One Being the one the was tipped on to the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Howya Clay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We've conceded 7 goals in 8 games. With one of them a peno, 2 ogs and a shot from tip off. So only 4 goals down to defensive errors. That's fantastic really.
    We have the second best defence in the league, conceding 7 in 8 games.

That's less than a goal a game, which is bloody brillint, imo.

There's nothing wrong with our defence.

As you point out, the majority of the goals are not down to errors, so we seem to have cut that right out of our game.

I think the defence is well disciplined, and works well as a Unit, even when we have to make changes, the people who step in are well up to the mark needed to be at the top of the table.

Our defence is as solid as can be expected at this level I think.
    But I agree with Keith that when we play Shaktar and Monks we need to try carve them open and bang in a few goals.
    A few more goals would be nice, but we are the third highest goal scorers in the league too.

What I never understand is why we can't score in the second half of matches where we go well up in the first half.

But then pull out vital goals, like the other night, late on in games.

It can't be a fitness thing, we are well up to standard in that part of the game.

I think it's a little bit of complacency.

• Advertisement
Advertisement