Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Match thread ** Tue 2/6 20:15 WES2 Boardeaux Vs Ketamine Rovers

Options
  • 02-06-2009 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Big game tonight guys, We need to go all out to win this one.

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes
    Ed - No
    Dan - No (hols)
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - Yes
    Conor - No
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules -Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - Yes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 wolfenstein

Its a shame I'm going to miss a top of the table clash coz this game, which will have a big bearing on where the league ends up, is type you want to play in. I've no doubt we'll win tonight but its going to be tough and everyones going to have to be on top of their game. Best of luck lads and hopefully when I get back we'll be out on our own at the top of the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes

Ed - No
    Dan - No (hols)

Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - Yes

Conor - No
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules -Yes

Eddie - Yes
    Art - Yes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Gonna be a tough game lads, but as Dan says we are more than capable of pulling out a good win here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

At this stage can I say what is the ****ing story with Conor? 4 games in a row ffs. At least Pat is out tonight but if he hasn't played with injury he might be unfit. Eddie hopefully will be available.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - No
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Yes

Ed - No
    Dan - No (hols)

Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Yes
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo - No
    Dave - Yes
    Pat - No
    Conor - No
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules -Yes

Eddie - Yes
    Art - Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

though missing some key players, we have a strong team out. a win here would be super, but given the fact that these lads (i think so anyway) have 2 very tough games coming up over the next few weeks,a draw may still give us a chance to open up a gap over the next 2 weeks. anyway, aim for the win of course as we always do. best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I'm nursing a bad case of (i won't say what illness, but you can guess). Hoping to be ok come evening time. Will let ye know, would hate to miss this one after missing last week too.

Great result last week, fair play.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

thelepo wrote: »
    I'm nursing a bad case of (i won't say what illness, but you can guess)

Someone bring the pampers.. extra tough! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

I'll be sitting this one out again unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ed, are you online at the moment.

When you get online or read this, I need a copy of that Team Photo you took at the start of last season please.

• Advertisement

1-1 draw according to a text off one of the lads. hard earned draw, in a tight game played in really hot conditions.

looks like we can officially count ourselves in a title race! 2 months into the season and still joint top, best position weve ever been in.

Actually we're now joint top with Ketamine and Roys Rovers. We're third on goal difference. Fantastic performance tonight. What a game too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That was a hell of an equaliser you lads got....bit of a lett off too at the end with the shot off the bar.

We hit the post too so I think a draw was a fair result. Cracking game though. Whoever wins this league has a hard slog ahead of them.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    We hit the post too so I think a draw was a fair result. Cracking game though. Whoever wins this league has a hard slog ahead of them.

I only saw from just before your goal, looked an even enough game. The other lads had some support :eek:

Ah ok, thought you were playing for them. The boys on the sideline were laying into the Dutch as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭colly10

Ah ok, thought you were playing for them. The boys on the sideline were laying into the Dutch as well :D

They always seem to have a huge turnout of support, it's fairly weird, wonder how the team was formed

No I was playing in the match after.

Was a good result though I think we just edged it and deserved the 3 points. We had a few more chances than them and really battled hard.

Cracking goal by Jules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thought that was an excellent quality game from both sides and while both sides can make an argument for the 3 points, I’d say a neutral would reckon a draw was a fair result. They are a very good side with footballers throughout and they fight hard for every ball. Ketamine started the stronger and were in control but we gradually got into it and I thought we were the stronger in the second half until the last 3 minutes when Gav got sinbinned. That ref is normally decent but he had a nightmare last night from both sides’ point of view; there was a 10 minute stage where he was giving them our throws and us theirs, balanced out overall though.

Have to say, I’d love to have the level of support Ketamine do, you could see it giving them a lift and bar a couple of ‘the number X is brutal’ shouts which I have no time for, it was all in good spirits and intended to upset the opposition and boost their own team which is exactly what you want from supporters. Would love to regard that as our Away game against them and get some of the Boards.ie faithful out to give us the Home support in the rematch...Des, start recruiting!

It’s been a long time since I played in the centre midfield and when I came on I just couldn’t get used to it and felt I wasn’t contributing as much as I should’ve been, though have to say the talking from Collie is top notch and really helped. I felt much more comfortable up front and resolved to capitalise on the chance I knew was coming, was sheer relief when it did.

• Advertisement

We'll need to try and improve our goal difference in the next few games.

theres a group of lads who "follow" boardeaux off the soccer forum, they are the sound lads that have a small interest in the team and regulary ask about us. indeed, 4 of them have been down to games before, and we never noticed ;). i will ask them to go to the 2nd game as they probably would have turned up to a game anyway at some stage, would be good, add to it! they play roys rovers and ravenhill coming up so something has to give, hopefully if we get the wins in our next few games, we will go clear at the top.

They kept calling Collie brutal. Which made me laugh cause he was the best player on the pitch. Obviously they don't do jealousy well :D

We've conceded 7 goals in 8 games. With one of them a peno, 2 ogs and a shot from tip off. So only 4 goals down to defensive errors. That's fantastic really. But I agree with Keith that when we play Shaktar and Monks we need to try carve them open and bang in a few goals.

We've conceded 7 goals in 8 games. With one of them a peno, 2 ogs and a shot from tip off. So only 4 goals down to defensive errors. That's fantastic really. But I agree with Keith that when we play Shaktar and Monks we need to try carve them open and bang in a few goals.

Dan gave away penalty too recently so that's 2 soft goals given away.

Either way Ketamine have conceded 1 less than us and scored 4 more. they had a couple of big wins. We were 4-0 up against Perrem and really should have went near to double figures.

At the end of the season it could come down to goal difference.

What game was that in? Don't remember that! We must have won if I've forgotten.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Was that the penalty in the cup game?

What game was that in? Don't remember that! We must have won if I've forgotten.
    dfx- wrote: »
    Was that the penalty in the cup game?

Yep it was the cup game, I was looking back over our results there trying to figure out who it was against!

Ah yeh, I'd forgotten about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ketamine rovers

First and foremost.ketamine rovers are gonna be challenging for top spot this season.boooommmm.in our debut season the lads are gonna do everything in there power to win this league.not just for us but for the supporters that are up every week cheering the lads on.through thick or thin.sunshine or rain.there's always a good level of support.fair play lads.keep up the good work.id say every team in this league would love the support ketamine have.you can see teams cracking under the preasure of the 12th man.but's that football.it happens everywhere.plus our lads get some stick if a shot goes wide so there's a little bit of preasure on our lads aswel.

As ketamine rovers are a local team,every match is a home game for us.we will always have supporters to cheer on the local team.eventually formed in 2009 ketamine rovers will be here for the forseeable future.the lads came up with the name when stuck in ket corner in ibiza last year.

collie-best player on the pitch..........BEHAVE YOURSELF

what about our own little lionel messi upfront.our little forward was winning everything up there.giving your back four the run around all night.best player by far on the night.smallest lad on the pitch winning everything.your lads didnt have the minerals to keep up with him.

well anyway.it was a great game and you never know.it might just go down to the last game of the season.would be a great finish to the season.

GO ON THE KETAMINE ROVERS............GET AMONGST IT.............

Advertisement