Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Muse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

budgemook wrote: »
    Has to be said though, the deluxe box set is pretty darn cool.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Of course it did.

Some of it is a bit unnessecary but...

- CD+DVD in foldout softpak including The Making Of The Resistance DVD (43 minutes 53 seconds)
    - 180g Double heavyweight vinyl
    - Muse USB pre-loaded with WAV, Apple Lossless and MP3 320 files plus bespoke audio player
    - 12" Art Print

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Col Man

I'm loving "Uprising". Actually my parents left the house this morning, so I said to myself, ah might roll downstairs and play uprising nice and loud for the laugh (from my computer). Right there and then the legendary station Phantom just started playing it. Oh yes. Oh yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

30 second clips from each song on itunes store now

OMG Sweet!! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Jaysus I used to love that band. Showbiz was all I would listen and the second album was decent enough too, but after that kinda lost interest.
    It's like That 70's Show. You watch it, and you kind of like it, so you keep watching it. Then one day, you have a few smokes and you whack it on and all of a sudden you realise; 'This isn't funny' so you watch some of the older episodes and you think 'Holy sh*t, this was never funny!'

That's what happened when I heard Black Holes. 'This isn't very good', 'Holy crap, they were never very good!'

Kold wrote: »
    That's what happened when I heard Black Holes. 'This isn't very good', 'Holy crap, they were never very good!'

It's the minor rock riffs, top notch bass, great distortion and of course great range of the singer that make them the best all round rock band for me. I genuinely don't think anybody has come close with a package like that.

Each decade has one defining band

Muse are the band of the 'noughites'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,108 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Damn my lack of iTunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

Jesus, listened to the previews. By the sounds of things Uprising will be the best song by far. I'm pretty worried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm worried too. I know 30 seconds is not at all fair to judge a song, especially when it comes to Muse but what hits me most is that too many of the songs sounds like the filler of the last 2 albums.

I'll not judge until I hear it fully.

I dunno. The preview of Uprising plays one of the best parts of the songs so wouldn't the other previews not do the same? I have a feeling that this album may not just be mediocre, it may be a pile of sh!t. I don't mean to be pessimistic but thats how it sounds. TBH i smelled this happening after the last album...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I dunno. The preview of Uprising plays one of the best parts of the songs so wouldn't the other previews not do the same?

Nope, It's pretty random the 30 seconds that gets chosen for preview. I've often tried listening to songs I hadn't heard in ages on preview and often times hear damn all interesting in the song because of the crap 30 seconds selected.

Nope, It's pretty random the 30 seconds that gets chosen for preview. I've often tried listening to songs I hadn't heard in ages on preview and often times hear damn all interesting in the song because of the crap 30 seconds selected.

Ok. There is still some hope. I wonder where this 12 minute space rock solo is going to be, or is it there at all? I could be wrong about the 12 minutes part.

Ok. There is still some hope. I wonder where this 12 minute space rock solo is going to be, or is it there at all? I could be wrong about the 12 minutes part.

It's the last 3 songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

The 30 second previews are nearly always randomised. A friend was telling me he heard 30 seconds of the first half of Knights of Cydonia and didn't think it was all that much. Then he listened to the full thing when it came out and out of nowhere that riff kicked in leaving him fairly gobsmacked. Plus, it would be commercial suidide to select the best part of every song as previews. I like to think of the previews as little teasers thats all, just a little snippet of what's to come, but does nothing to tell us what to fully expect from the full album. After a couple of listens to it, I'm thinking...

Resistance - probably the most surprising, and weakest of the previews. I was fully expecting this to be one of the harder songs on the album, along the lines of Apocalypse Please, but those "he could be wrong" bits just made me squirm.

Undisclosed Desires- now this is more like it. Again, very different to what they've previouslu done, but I think it works, and the chorus is really funky; very Timbaland. Possible new single I'd say.

Guiding Light - booo. Basically Invincible part 2 from the sounds of it, which isn't a good thing. Nice to see a bit of guitar eventually though.

Unnatural Selection - not much we can make of it so far. It's over 6 minutes long that starts with a church organ, so this ones going to go through a fair few genres I'd say. More Queen again here too.

MK Ultra - one of my favourites. Good to have another guitar/drum heavy song which is what Muse do best, and some really nice harmonies going on in the chorus too

I Belong To You - Showbiz re-run :D I thought this might be one of the weakest, but I really like the sound of it, feels like thery'll be going bad to the old days with this one. Pretty ridiculous lyrics as usual.

Exogenesis - Now this is going to be incredible. The vocals seem very like Micro Cuts and the OoS album in generally which is great to hear, amazing orchestrations too. I've seriously high hopes for this now.

Heard it now. Very over-blown style, big mix in genres. Pity I Belong To You reminds me of Maroon 5:eek: The Resistance, I kinda dont know what to make of it. More hear the preview I love that section.

Te symphony...it'll blow us away I'd say.

Now that I'e had a day to fully listen to all three pieces heres my verdict:

Resistance - Very catchy, it is probably the weakest song on the album but it will still a joy to listen to.

Undisclosed Desires - Wow.. that hit me face hard. I had read the informal reviews that said Timbaland influences but wow. It actually is quite good, very depeche mode, MOTP I think.

Guiding Light - a heavier Soldier Poem... i like it

Unnatural Selection - I think its a similar song to USoE as it may have a few surprises up its sleeve. Not much telling from the 30-seconds but I would be surprised if it was a belter.

I Belong To You - Was expecting something quite soft, and I guess it shall be if it goes into "Mon Cœur S'ouvre à ta Voix". Again very catchy..

Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture) - Micro-cuts II, first falsetto I really hear, but its quite heavier than expected.

Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination) - Sounds like B&H, very epic and climatic.

Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination) - What an ending to an epic preview. "Lets start over again" almost asking you relisten to the album. Highlight perhaps...

Has the album been leaked?

No, just 30-second previews that are on iTunes.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    No, just 30-second previews that are on iTunes.

Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Mushy wrote: »
    Damn my lack of iTunes!

Fear not

Chhers Cool CM, but had gone to that last night. Originally posted that in the morning, and weren't on youtube yet. Listening to them once again, I'm enjoying the clips.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Each decade has one defining band

Muse are the band of the 'noughites'
    One defining band? What the hell is this nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Like Uprising, but being an ex-Queen fan, I LOVE USoE ...... think it's got that awesome epic feel that very few bands deliver successfully today.

The 30 sec snippets have me waiting anxiously for the new album too, can't wait to hear it.

Just got to find some tickets for the concert now!

Kold wrote: »
    One defining band? What the hell is this nonsense?

Hardly nonsense

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Like Uprising, but being an ex-Queen fan, I LOVE USoE ...... think it's got that awesome epic feel that very few bands deliver successfully today.

The 30 sec snippets have me waiting anxiously for the new album too, can't wait to hear it.

Just got to find some tickets for the concert now!

Dude... how could you be an ex-Queen fan. They were and always be one of the greatest bands to walk to the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Dude... how could you be an ex-Queen fan. They were and always be one of the greatest bands to walk to the earth.

Badly worded ........... I'm still a huge fan, I mean Queen no longer exist :p

Went to see We Will Rock You in London a few years ago, was superb ........... as was Flash Harry in Belfast Odyssey a few months back.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

sweet.... im jealous :o

as for muses new stuff, definately do prefer ESoA over Uprising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

Getting to listen to the album in its entirety tomorrow... can't wait! :)

Advertisement