Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupidest thing you ever done?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

brummytom wrote: »
    A few patrol cars turned up within half an hour demanding to see my mom (who was in bed after having my brother) "Well can you get her down please?" - weren't best pleased
    Your brothers birthday ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Do they not drive jeeps these days?
    not since they were able to sell the €600 laptops

• Registered Users Posts: 34 amy-marie

Bought €20 euro credit a while ago along with other bits and pieces. I get out of the shop and don't want to carry a reciept around with me so I toss it in the bin. 30 minutes later I realised it wasn't a reciept, but the credit.

Still pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

When I was younger, ate a full bar of soap in a hotel on holiday thinking it was white chocolate

How the hell was the taste not a giveaway??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Loopy wrote: »
    I was going out with this guy years ago and he was really annoying me and getting on my nerves. He asked me to go out that night for a few drinks..

I went upstairs and text my mates saying something like 'your mans wrecking my head, think Im gonna dump him, he's sh1t in bed and so boring, ring me in a min to ask me to meet yous'..

Sent..
    To him:mad::mad:

Probably just as well you told him instead of her. Honestys the best policy - bitchiness isnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

When I was younger, ate a full bar of soap in a hotel on holiday thinking it was white chocolate

I did that too, can barely remember as I was about 5. I spwued everywhere in the shop haha. It was a soap shop in wexford I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I was a really helpful child :)

I remember my Mam was down visiting my Gran once (she lived in the house next door - joined onto ours) and my 1 year old brother was having great fun playing in the playpen. Aw. It was a sunny day and I thought, what would a 3 year old like to do today? To help her Mammy? I know, I thought, I'll clean the baby for her. How nice!! So I got into the press under the sink, retrieved a can of Mr Sheen and a nice yellow duster and got to work cleaning my 1 year old brother.... Mammy wasn't very pleased, especially since he had eczema from head to toe..... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I was fairly thick the other day as it happens.

Was looking after my two cousins, one 8, one nearly 2 in a car park the other day, anyway got talking to the older kid and walked him back into the shop, completely forgrtting about the little fella. Was a good 60 seconds in the door before I remembered, turns out he'd followed me back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

I went out the night before returning from Berlin, about a month ago.

Lost my jacket with my wallet and phone. Luckily, I didn't lose my passport.
    Scored in the nightclub, woke up on the far side of Berlin at 8am. At this point my flight was taxying down the runway I guess, so went back to, whatever I was doing.

Left for my hotel at about 10. Sobriety kicking in, realised I was stuck in Berlin with no phone, wallet or cash. My mate had got on the plane back to Dublin, and even the Irish embassy was closed for the weekend.

Labour Day riots at least provided free entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

when we finished our exams one year we went drinking bottles in one of the lads' garden. getting along nicely, lovely weather, so we decided to play a game and decided on american foot ball. however without a football the closest thing to hand were the bottles so we started kicking field goals over the back wall of this lads house. the next thing a big **** off log appears on the wall followed by a big knacker head followed by a couple more knackers. we just stood there in disbelief as 4 big ****ing bastards with a big **** off stick came towards us with rage in their eyes. they explained that we had broken a window, so we gave them 60 quid and they went on their way.

later found out that there was no window broken so we basically paid them 60 quid to leave us alone and not beat us up.

while all this was happening one of the lads (the instigator) was inside and saw the big ****ers hop the wall through the sliding door. he then ran upstairs and locked himself in the bathroom. we found him hiding in the shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Your brothers birthday ?

Naah, a few weeks after she'd given birth I think

Kablamo! wrote: »
    How the hell was the taste not a giveaway??

Hungry child, small bar of 'chocolate'... eaten in one go, screaming ensues
    I can still remember the taste of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I ate a mouldy muffin, I thought it was white chocolate in it :o then I started to wonder why it tasted so disgusting. but I just thought it was that chocolate that isn't very nice. then I realised. ugggh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Not my story, but my mother's a nurse and a kid came in before with a 5p piece stuck in his nose, she says kids are always doing stuff like that, got it out and sent him off home with his dad. Ten minutes later the dad comes back...he'd been wondering how the boy managed to get it stuck so tried it out himself...bit embarrassing for him I'd imagine.

For me, I split my head open on the metal thing that flushes a toilet...3 weeks after my brother had done the exact same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Posted this before but anyways.....

I was landing a plane once and instead of aiming for the runway i lined it up for a straight road beside it. I still have no idea what i was thinking. The co-pilot pointed it out to me in time thankfully. Pity though cause it was a lovely approach!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I just ordered the most expensive pizza of all time from Apache Pizza via just-eat.ie - see attached.

At €175.00 per topping, this better be the best damn pizza EVER dagnamit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

A few weeks ago, while I was quite preoccupied and distracted after the death of a pet, I carefully loaded my laundry into my dishwasher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭stiff kitten

stupid things i've done lately

lyed out in the sun and i went raw red...sunburns now REALLY itchy

asked my friend if a sunroof was important to her when buying a convertable!??

did shopping and arrived at the till without a penny

ate chocolate when i was on a diet

walked into the sea with my mobile in my shorts back pocket

most stupid thing(S) ive ever done...theres probably a lot

wasnt watching traffic properly and took a mirror off a car

kissed a girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

stupid things i've done lately

lyed out in the sun and i went raw red...sunburns now REALLY itchy

asked my friend if a sunroof was important to her when buying a convertable!??

did shopping and arrived at the till without a penny

ate chocolate when i was on a diet

walked into the sea with my mobile in my shorts back pocket

most stupid thing(S) ive ever done...theres probably a lot

wasnt watching traffic properly and took a mirror off a car

kissed a girl

I presume you are a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My boyfriend had to leave my house in a big rush one night to get the last bus into town and I was afraid he'd forgotten something so I rang him as he was on his way to the bus stop... "do you have your wallet" "yep" "your phone?" Just silence!

Also when in PortAventura with him I took out the little map of the resort they give you from my bag and was trying to figure out where we were but I couldn't figure it out and started complaining that there was no "you are here like most places usually have!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭yourmano

Ended up parenting a child by an absolute whack job, love my kid but jeez not the mother. That's what you get for not covering your tool!

• Advertisement
Advertisement