Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupidest thing you ever done?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

When i was in college, i once paid €600 for 4 litres of milk.. too add insult to injury they were semi skimmed..fuppin cnunts.
    Want to know how..just ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

whycliff wrote: »
    When i was in college, i once paid €600 for 4 litres of milk.. too add insult to injury they were semi skimmed..fuppin cnunts.
    Want to know how..just ask!

How?

i'll say one thing, never ever buy a "laptop" from business men driving a Hiace as a company car...
    Recipe for disaster...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

an endless list of utter stupidity in my case, one of the worst being, i asked my friend could i use her fone as i had no credit, sent a text asking a lad i was seeing, was he comin over for a joint? sent it to my friends dad. (in my defence, i was only 18)

another time i was driving at night and the boot was open so i stopped to close it, i was terrified in the dark so i legged it really fast, hopped into the car, slammed my hair in the door and drove up the road roarin laughin with my head tilted to the side :rolleyes:

I think you can do better we'llallhavetea!!! In fact these are mild cases!

whycliff wrote: »
    i'll say one thing, never ever buy a "laptop" from business men driving a Hiace as a company car...
    Recipe for disaster...

Do they not drive jeeps these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Once I took a dump in a pint glass and carried it all the way home (was hammered), then put a daffodil in it and left it outside my neighbours house

stupid or disgusting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh comment on this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Supercroc wrote: »
    I think you can do better we'llallhavetea!!! In fact these are mild cases!

you're right supercroc! but now, you'll have to post some stupid things you've done before i divulge anymore of mine! :D if you need help....

bryanjf wrote: »
    Once I took a dump in a pint glass and carried it all the way home (was hammered), then put a daffodil in it and left it outside my neighbours house

stupid or disgusting?

No that's just funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

stupid or disgusting?

stupid, disgusting, but well thought out. mwah!

• Advertisement

i was approached by couple of Fella's selling a top of the range Sony Vaio laptop.
    Now as it turned out i was in the market for a laptop and had saved €500 to but one for college.
    The lap top was top spec, prob robbed or maybe bought for the scheme they were about to pull.
    I had €500 in my bank, got another €100 from a mate to cover the difference.
    was delighted with myself, as i had initially planned on getting a crappy IQON laptop in Tesco, now i was gettin a Sony Vaio...
    Anyhow,came back from the ATM seen the laptop being folded up in the Hiace and put in the black laptop case.
    About to hand over the cash they boys said ok so €650.. obviosly knowing i didnt have it i walked away and they drove few yards and then said ok €600, handed out the black laptop case through the window of the van i handed over the cash.
    Open the case.... 4 cartons of semi skimmed milk?
    Laptop? Still in the Hiace with my €600.
    The Lads? on their way to the next town to fool some other young fella.
    And then they go on about rights for these people...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

you're right supercroc! but now, you'll have to post some stupid things you've done before i divulge anymore of mine! :D if you need help....

I dunno nothing comes to mind!! I have got great nipples tho!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Not so stupid.....mabey just blonde...
    I always manage to ring my sisters house phone & when she answers Ill ask ''where are ya?''duhhh house phone might be the answer!
    Another time I went to the pass machine took the money & left the card in the machine.....
    Also there was the time when the gardai stopped me for breaking the light & mister garda asked me did i realise i had broke the light & my response was ''but I didnt look at the lights i was following the car in front''2 penalty points , 80 euro fine & a near dangerous driving conviction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Maddison wrote: »
    I always manage to ring my sisters house phone & when she answers Ill ask ''where are ya?''duhhh house phone might be the answer!
    Another time I went to the pass machine took the money & left the card in the machine.....
    Also there was the time when the gardai stopped me for breaking the light & mister garda asked me did i realise i had broke the light & my response was ''but I didnt look at the lights i was following the car in front''2 penalty points , 80 euro fine & a near dangerous driving conviction :(
    Repeated incidents is never a good thing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭veryangryman

This thread was made for me....

This ones a 4-way tiebreaker
    1)Got a peanut stuck up my nose as a child
    2)Have also knocked a telly on my head while trying to retrieve my toy dart gun from behind it. I felt myself slipping so grabbed the telly and down it went on top of me. 5 stitches later i moved on with my life
    3)Not got out of the way of a mattress that was falling down the stairs. This knocked me out the hall window into the garden. Passers by thinking WFT!
    4)Went temporarily blind from jumping from the top floor bannister onto a pile of cushions*

*I missed the cushions

Theres also numerous bad decisions you make over the years like getting with hood rats etc but no more or less than the next man

Overall im quite clumsy, spilling things, tripping over stuff etc. But i still consider myself above average on account of punching above my weight in most things in life. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

when i was young and had no sense ,
    ripped my balls on a barbed wire fence

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

My friends and I had time to kill in college before our next class, so we went into an empty lecture hall and tried to watch a DVD on the projection screen. We sat down on the chairs whilst the guys switched on the computer and I thought I'd be cool by putting my feet up on the desk. Almost as soon as I did, I heard a loud ripping sound. The bum of my trousers had split. I could just about cover it up with my shirt wrapped around my waist, but I asked my parents to pick me up to save me the long, embarrassing journey home :D

Repeated incidents is never a good thing :pac:

Yeah but Its just a habit ive built up through ringing peoples mobiles......Id ask you where you are if I rang your house phone lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

3)Not got out of the way of a mattress that was falling down the stairs. This knocked me out the hall window into the garden. Passers by thinking WFT!
    haha, I love it. great story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Dont you have to take your atm card out first before your money comes out??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I turned down an older woman. Granted, I was only 11 at the time but it left me with many sleepless nights. She was 13 and hot ffs! I would have been a legend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭mufc4lfe

stupid or disgusting?

i was just munching into my choco ice cream and see this nice one!!!!lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Happened when I was 19, a good few years ago.
    Picture this …… restaurant in Sligo town (
    have no recollection of how I ended up in Sligo never been there since , last I remember I was in a pub in Galway?.) , beautiful sunny morning , sun is beaming in through the plate glass front .
    It’s the morning after an all night/day/night session, compulsory full irish breakfast has just been consumed , and apart from a minor hangover things are looking good. I decide to leave, enjoy the sun and get some beer for return journey to Dublin , others are finishing up.
    I’ll show these country bumpkins how its done, on with the Ray Bans and saunter nonchalantly (had to look up this word to set the scene )towards the exit.
    ……..SMACK! …..What the fck?,……stunned…..…SMACK! ….what the?.......dazed….takes a while….. but finally it dawns on me …….”Oh sh!t”. I had just walked into a glass door …..not once ……but frigging TWICE.
    Panic ensues as I try to find the handle , redfaced I leg it out of the restaurant to gales of laughter from kids , old folks ,cats, dogs, pigeons and assorted locals egged on by my so called mates ……..B@stards!.
    Sh!ts still bring it up every chance they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Lent 150eur to a friend of mine.

Never got it back... I felt stupid asking for it after a few weeks of her not returning it back. So i just stopped asking her for it.
    Maybe it was a stupid thing to do.

But probably the most stupid thing I did was to end up in a relationship with a chick in scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

delllat wrote: »
    when i was young and had no sense ,
    ripped my balls on a barbed wire fence

:eek:

I nearly did that last week, and I'm old enough to know better:( No more short cuts for me :P

dlambirl wrote: »
    Dont you have to take your atm card out first before your money comes out??

Obviously not in this machine you didnt otherwise I wouldnt have left my card in it....got a phonecall from my bank a few weeks later telling me someone attempted to buy stuff on the net with it....good luck with that co nsidering I live in my overdraft!!

Another stoopid thing that Ive done only today.....drinking WKD at 4pm cause theres nothing else to drink....am now drunk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I once shot and killed a traveller who i thought was going to rob me.Turns out he was only looking to buy an old car off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Another stoopid thing that Ive done only today.....drinking WKD at 4pm cause theres nothing else to drink....am now drunk :(
    You got drunk off WKD?Lmfao!-LightWeight:D

• Advertisement

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    You got drunk off WKD?Lmfao!-LightWeight:D

Lightweight I think not darlin....I could drink a lot of people under the table!!I have sunstroke so I blame it on that....if your at the AH beers I challenge you to a drink off

Advertisement