Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating, possibility or hell no?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

In fairness Fad, nobody know what the Government will do. They could bring them all in next year, they might delay, or they mightn't come in at all. Especially with it being FF, the third worst party to have ever existed in the history of the world, it's impossible to call.

At the very least I think they have enough cop on not to try and reintroduce fees for this year. If they even joke about it...........there will be some pretty serious action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I've half decided it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to repeat. I'm pretty sure I'm not getting my first or second choices unless all the papers are ridiculously nice papers, so I've sort of resigned myself to repeating. I really really want my first choice, and the rest were put there more to fill space than anything else. I think I'd prefer to repeat than take any of my other choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Hopefully not, although this Government has already shown they don't care about the people, several times. On that basis I wouldn't put anything past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'm repeating.

I can safely say bits of it were shit and I was often really jealous of all my friends being off in college, but the year FLEW by and I don't regret it at all.

If you need to repeat- just do it. I really really didn't want to. But it's actually been grand. It'll make me appreciate college more, that's fo'sho.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

depends. My lowest course is Business in NCI and I'm told it should be around 300 points. If I'd studied I'd be looking to get over 400 but I was too lazy. But if I get below 300 I will have totally tanked and will repeat without a shadow of a doubt because I know if it wasn't for xbox/laptop/laziness/alcohol/work (Don't you love excuses) I'd have done really well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I did ty so i reckon if i wanted to repeat i'd just repeat the exams but not go to classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aleyra

Im repeating this year and to be honest its a complete bitch at times. Especially when alot of your friends are in college.Kinda feel left behind.

Although, saying that you become much more confident in your course choices and after only missing it (by five points)alot more motivated to study

If your really want your course and theres no other option i'd say repeat. Its only a year(not even) and it goes by extremley fast.Its better to just study for a few months than pick a course your only half interested in, and end up dropping out through the year.

For me it worked out for the best because i would've been young going to college anyway. At least this year i'll be able to join in on crazy drunken nights:rolleyes:

If you put some work in you come out more mature and much more prepared for college.

So next year when your friends are repeating college exams in August you just sit back and laugh cause you had the sense to study :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Great thread before we start our LC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

you didnt have to read it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

If I have to repeat I'd put all my savings into doing it in the Institute. No way in hell would I go back to a normal school. Especially mine.

The thought makes me want to throw up :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

i'll be repeating, i like school actually....*shifts eyes*

i dont think i even want to go college, it doesnt look so amazing to me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

i'll be repeating, i like school actually....*shifts eyes*

I think you may have a case of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Win...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I'd rather gouge out my eyes and place my unmentionables in a vice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

no, not putting myself though this again...

my lowest opinions is like 380pts..i should get that..

but if i really have to , i might, but i doubt so

Advertisement