Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Feral cats!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Sparks wrote: »
    'Twould be nice if we didn't go down that road this time.
    I agree.... as was mentioned, the hunting forum and the pet issues forum are always going to have a clash of opinions and attitudes. It was as pointless to open this discussion in the first place as it would be to go to the hunting forum and open a thread to try converting the members there.

The link should not have been posted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

There you go again.

Never have any of my cats left home to die; one feral came in through the bathroom window to spend her last days with us.

And no, the badger attacked the cat.

Over and OUT to you.....

I take your point and will not disagree with you. Cats from what I've seen very rarley die at home. They always seem to go away to die. As for the distress you have found them in all wildlife suffers like this it's called nature and as an old man once said to "in nature there is nothing so cruel as nature itself" and I reckon he was right. Survival of the fittest and even then not for long :(

As I stated earlier I will only shoot one obviously in distress and my rifle or shotgun is/would be a very humane death for them too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

sorella wrote: »
    Some wild generalisations there. Badgers attack cats; we lost one last year in that way, after a few initial attacks.

What generalisations? One injury from a cat and the badger is more or less bunched, no tetanus or vets in the wild!! It would be very very unusual for a badger to attack a cat and it would be pretty easy for a cat to get away from the badger. Are you sure it wasn't a dog? Badgers don't really attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Yes they do. Period. A friend here saw the face taken off her dog by one.

It is not unusual.
    lightening wrote: »
    What generalisations? One injury from a cat and the badger is more or less bunched, no tetanus or vets in the wild!! It would be very very unusual for a badger to attack a cat and it would be pretty easy for a cat to get away from the badger. Are you sure it wasn't a dog? Badgers don't really attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Seriously guys, what's the point in hashing this out??? Ye're getting all strung out and ye won't ever agree anyhow....

(it's off topic anyway!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

sorella wrote: »
    A friend here saw the face taken off her dog by one.

It is not unusual.

Is it not unusual? I think it is.

Your friend here dogs face was "taken off" by a badger? Was your friend involved in Badger baiting? Can you explain the circumstances? How did the dog catch the badger?

Can you also explain the circumstances when your cat got killed by the badger "after initial attacks" I find that very suspicious to be honest. Where are you finding these badgers and how are you coming in to contact with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Game over. This topic will not be revisited.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement