Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you'd like to see in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

An actual proper Chinatown, the chinatown we(apparently) have now is non existent. I don't know what the Chinese in Dublins plan are, I watched a dave mcwilliams programme a while back and the chinese chap said that there were 100,000 chinese in ireland(doubt it) but how many of them plan on staying? during my time working, most of the immigrants i talked to all planed on going home eventually and that was in the good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Certain parts of town (the quays in particular) are relatively dicey. Walking along the quays at night sometimes adds an unwelcome frisson of excitment to a night.

More guards - on foot - in town would rock. They do a decent job in Temple Bar I find, but they seem non-existent on O'Connell Street and the quays at night.

More interesting nightclubs would be decent, I'm more of an alt rock/indie/metal person, but every now and then you feel like going to a club. Now I'm not demanding we open up our very own Fabric but there's nothing really.

Cheap restaurants. I'm not willing to pay €20 for a main course - I'm a student. It's dirt cheap to eat out in some countries. Less so in Dublin.

More generally, link the Darts and Luases/Luasi (? :p). It's easier for me to get to Drogheda or Rosslare than it is to get to Dundrum or Rathmines. (Major exaggeration I know, but it's pretty odd that there are so few links between our public transport networks.

Someone to find the bus drivers who hang around with their mates and then move in large packs of four or five busses. Then shoot them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Cheap restaurants. I'm not willing to pay €20 for a main course - I'm a student. It's dirt cheap to eat out in some countries. Less so in Dublin.

There are lots and lots of great deals all around town, keep an eye out for the blackboards, the specials and the early birds. Have a look at some of the old threads here, some great advice and deals.
    Someone to find the bus drivers who hang around with their mates and then move in large packs of four or five busses. Then shoot them.

:D

Advertisement