Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you'd like to see in Dublin

Options
  • 01-06-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

1. Skate Park in the city
    2.Tennis courts in City
    3.Increase in population in Urban Dublin( IDK I just think its better for a city to have high population)
    4.Outdoor Swimming Pool(s)-2 would be just fine(i know with the rain and all but still:p)
    5.Higher building

This is just a start, just thought of this while I came back in to get a drink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

jobs

equality

a stop to the corruption and nepotism

an enforced legal and judicial system

less beggars

ice skating rink

public areas that people are allowed to play/use

free parking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

actually what is the unemployment rate in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Manners
    Grace
    Charm
    Dignity oh and more markets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Flowers tied to a lamppost near where Dave McSavage could be murdered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

A subway/underground train system
    Decent cycle lanes that are not shared with the buses.
    Electronic Bus timetables that get updated based on the progress of the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

1. Skate Park in the city

Would be cool, but i think it would just get wrecked tbh.

syklops wrote: »
    A subway/underground train system

http://www.irishrail.ie/projects/dart_underground.asp

what do ya mean by wrecked? i don't think so really, depends where they put it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

PCPhoto wrote: »
    jobs

equality
    a stop to the corruption and nepotism

an enforced legal and judicial system

less beggars

ice skating rink

public areas that people are allowed to play/use

free parking

Who would you like to see equality for exactly, all or just a select few?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyboy23

i dont go up dublin often but everytime it seem to be getting worse i walked down oconnell st notting but gyspys begging and young garda never said a word to them i taut the new law stopped all that

only dubliners can post in my thread, sorry mate.

• Advertisement

sorry i didnt no i wont again but it is the biggest kip in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

what rot you can't decide who posts in this thread, post reported.

Late night coffee shops we have a serious lack of them.

Tongue in cheek I hope.
    paddyboy23 wrote: »
    sorry i didnt no i wont again but it is the biggest kip in ireland

Your more than welcome to post here, but be careful with the smart comments.

Tongue in cheek I hope.

Your more than welcome to post here, but be careful with the smart comments.

no worries it could be due to the fact that the first night i spent in dublin was 28 years ago in a place called st patricks i was 16 frighting the life ouy of me the longest 7weeks of my life tauth me a lesson do never went back cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'd love to "see a European (football) club playing out of Dublin" like our Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism Mr.Martin Cullen TD.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0mEv4tPekI
    In December 2008 he courted controversy by commenting on national radio that he would be supportive of having an Irish football club taking part in England's Premier League, despite the damage such a development would have on domestic football in Ireland, and the comments were also seen as unsuitable for the Minister for Arts, Sports, and Tourism. His comments that he would like to "see a European [football] team playing out of Dublin” suggested he was not aware of, or interested in, the six Dublin-based teams currently playing in domestic football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Have the Docklands festival (like the weekend just gone)at least once a month, not once a year.
    Getting on the tall ships was fab. Waiting another year to go on one again is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

paddyboy23 wrote: »
    i was 16 frighting the life ouy of me the longest 7weeks of my life tauth me a lesson do never went back cheers mate

So you have never been in Dublin as an adult, yet you feel you can judge it?

I'm with more markets, better policing... and this is an national problem. Cultural teaching for internationals coming in to the country. An Introduction to Ireland, its people, the culture, how they behave, what they expect off people and how to react.

Ok my turn.

I think we missed an oppertunity in not providing market type stalls on O'Connell St.

I'd like to see the Boardwalk and the Quays in general taken away from the addicts and given back to the people.

I'd also like to see a compulsary restoration order served on the landlords/owners of our georgian buildings, particularly those on the Northside of the city (Dublin1).

More Cafe type bar's & tea rooms.

And I'd like to see a gas leak in Leinster House :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Thaedydal wrote: »
    what rot you can't decide who posts in this thread, post reported.

Late night coffee shops we have a serious lack of them.

Why would you want to drink coffee at night!!!

I'd also like to see better attended LOI football games, i think there might be too many teams in Dublin, keep Bohs and Rovers and get rid of the rest, sorry St Pats :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I would like to see an increase in clubs.Actualy not an increase but a higher standard.There was a thread on here before about what you would change if you owned a night club.Some of the ideas were very good.I dont understand why the owners of these places cant recognise the demands of the market.

• Advertisement

poisonated wrote: »
    I would like to see an increase in clubs.Actualy not an increase but a higher standard.There was a thread on here before about what you would change if you owned a night club.Some of the ideas were very good.I dont understand why the owners of these places cant recognise the demands of the market.

€€€€€€€€€€

Sure they have the money to make great clubs, the problem is they'd rather spend the money on themselves. And can you blame them? It's why they got into the business in the first place. People will go to their clubs regardless, simply because we don't have any other options.

From my experience, places like Andrew Lane Theater, are much better than the big glitzy clubs. I cant stand most of the bigger places.

I'd love to see:
    • Cleaner streets.
    • Junkies off the board walk.
    • Better policing.
    • Stop 14 year olds getting drunk in Temple Bar.
    • Graffiti clean up. Only the bad stuff, i like the well done graffiti. The stuff that is actual art and not just a mess.
    • More summer time festivals.

I think that's it, could be back with more later.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Junkies off the streets would be the no.1 - notably worse than many other cities of a comparable size. Tis a national disgrace that you'll have no bother finding a junkie smoking something horrible in a phonebox or outside a shop in the centre of town most nights of the week. Boils my blood.

Controversially i'd like more CCTV and patrols reacting to abuse on the streets, see them at it..get out and lift them. Few nights in the cell, all gear removed...caution first offence, stiffer sentence after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the metro and proper 24 hour public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

I'd also like to see better attended LOI football games, i think there might be too many teams in Dublin, keep Bohs and Rovers and get rid of the rest, sorry St Pats :(
    :eek:
    Eh?
    And....?
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I'd like to see the Boardwalk and the Quays in general taken away from the addicts and given back to the people.

I'd also like to see a compulsary restoration order served on the landlords/owners of our georgian buildings, particularly those on the Northside of the city (Dublin1).

Couldn't agree more with the above two points.. I lived in D1 for a long time, up near MountJoy Square, and the amount of beautiful old Georgian houses that are falling to bits because landlords would rather charge money for smelly dirty old bedsits, than put some money into restoration.. makes me physically ill.

I've never avoided the boardwalks, or felt intimidated on them, but the addicts and scummers shooting up, causing aggro.. I can't imagine what tourists must think!

I'd like to see a more aggressive approach to litter in the city. I've never seen a litter warden. I've never seen anyone repramanded for littering. I don't know if bins are just not emptied enough, but as soon as the sun comes out, bins are full and overflowing. It's disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

At the risk of making this go towards a soccer debate, Dublin has 6 teams with a population of over one million people, 6 teams should be sustainable (actually just accelerate Fingal going bust) and then there was 5!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Red Light District :D

luckyfrank wrote: »

Discuss?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

While I agree with most of the points above, Dublin city is more than D1 or 2. I would like to see a bit more urban regeneration, I live in finglas and the village there is like a ghost town, rarely see gards where I live, but I do see plenty of scumbags. I couldn't agree more with the point about actually enforcing laws, and giving actual sentences (I know that point is nationwide).

• Advertisement

luckyfrank wrote: »

Have one of those, just not legal. :rolleyes:

Advertisement